U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-31-2011, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Earth
313 posts, read 273,985 times
Reputation: 224

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh yes they do! An American is not allowed to aid and abet an illegal alien. Since we have immigration laws they are as loyal Americans obligated to respect them, not demonize their fellow Americans who want them respected and enforced.
Do you get upset when an American breaks the law in littering on the sidewalk? Do you get really mad when Americans jay walk or speed?

Do you pick and choose which laws an American should be loyal to?

 
Old 12-31-2011, 09:38 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
12,766 posts, read 12,744,983 times
Reputation: 5440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Most homeless people even in Chicago; the city where my parents came from, are Americans. They have a right to be here so your argument is mute.
I think the word you're looking for is "moot". And the point went over you head.
 
Old 01-01-2012, 09:06 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Guard View Post
Some Latinos oppose illegal immigration, but most Latinos do not oppose it. Especially since most Latinos have family members who are here illegally. Even Carlos Mencia and George Lopez have even admitted in their stand up act that not every member of their family is here legally.
Yes, according to the polls and from my personal experiences of working with Latinos and living in an area with a large Latino population you are correct. Most are sympathizers to illegal aliens based on ethnic ties. Even those who don't have a family member here illegally are of the same viewpoint. Of course this is considered to be taboo to mention facts in here even though it is related to illegal immigration.

I just don't understand how any American can put illegal foreigners above the national interests and laws of this country just because they share ethnic roots. I guess that is one of the cultural incompatabilities that we have spoken about in here.
 
Old 01-01-2012, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
11,792 posts, read 9,708,825 times
Reputation: 10797
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes, according to the polls and from my personal experiences of working with Latinos and living in an area with a large Latino population you are correct. Most are sympathizers to illegal aliens based on ethnic ties. Even those who don't have a family member here illegally are of the same viewpoint. Of course this is considered to be taboo to mention facts in here even though it is related to illegal immigration.

I just don't understand how any American can put illegal foreigners above the national interests and laws of this country just because they share ethnic roots. I guess that is one of the cultural incompatabilities that we have spoken about in here.
A significant part of those cultural roots you speak of are indigenous "American Indian" roots, which go back much further than the borders enacted by European settlers within the past 200 years.
 
Old 01-01-2012, 09:18 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
A significant part of those cultural roots you speak of are indigenous "American Indian" roots, which go back much further than the borders enacted by European settlers within the past 200 years.
Oh here we go with the past again. The different tribes settled on different parts of this whole continent. They spoke different languages and were protective of their own soveirgn lands (even from each other) and there were many cultural differences between the different tribes. The tribal ancestors of the Mexicans were not indigneous to "this" country. If you think there is/was some kind of comarade today or yesterday between the Apache, Comanche, etc. (who were indigenous to this country) and the Mayans, Aztecs of Mexico (who weren't) you're dreaming.

Our borders are what they are today and so are all the established countries all over the world. Wars have been fought and land has exchanged throughout the world's history. Only a citizen or legal immigrant has the right to reside in our country. Every modern day country has immigration laws whether you like it or not.
 
Old 01-01-2012, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
12,766 posts, read 12,744,983 times
Reputation: 5440
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh here we go with the past again. The different tribes settled on different parts of this whole continent. They spoke different languages and were protective of their own soveirgn lands (even from each other) and there were many cultural differences between the different tribes. The tribal ancestors of the Mexicans were not indigneous to "this" country. If you think there is/was some kind of comarade today or yesterday between the Apache, Comanche, etc. (who were indigenous to this country) and the Mayans, Aztecs of Mexico (who weren't) you're dreaming.

Our borders are what they are today and so are all the established countries all over the world. Wars have been fought and land has exchanged throughout the world's history. Only a citizen or legal immigrant has the right to reside in our country. Every modern day country has immigration laws whether you like it or not.
You really need to update your information on Native Americans.
 
Old 01-01-2012, 11:03 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
You really need to update your information on Native Americans.
If an illegal can prove by DNA tests that he is 100% Indian from a tribe within the USA borders - Iroquois or Cherokee for example, then maybe we can give him his documents but if he is from a tribe in Mexico or of course if he is mixed with European and/or African blood then out he goes.
 
Old 01-01-2012, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,763,873 times
Reputation: 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The USA isn't your house and even if it was, it also belongs to many other Americans who don't despise immigrants.
I do not despise immigrants. We are a nation of immigrants.

However, as has been explained ad nauseum, legal and illegal immigration are NOT the same. I am very supportive of immigration by those who respect the laws of our country. My problem is with people who ignore the laws and feel they are entitled to be treated like those of us who have a right to be here (both people who were born here and legal immigrants).

What's your solution? Should we just allow anyone who wants to immigrate do so without any limit on the number and without knowing who the hell is coming into the country? What if 100 million people, 200 million people, or a billion people from all around the world wanted to immigrate to the US? We do not have the resources to handle that. Would that be OK by you?
 
Old 01-01-2012, 02:37 PM
 
3,847 posts, read 3,161,032 times
Reputation: 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The USA isn't your house and even if it was, it also belongs to many other Americans who don't despise immigrants.
Another failed response.

Yes America belongs to Americans, NOT Illegal Aliens. Something you FAIL to realise.

American laws and American rights are for the benefit of AMERICANS not Illegal foreigners.

Pretty basic isn't it ?

Something lost on leftist liberals.
 
Old 01-01-2012, 05:07 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Based on this "native indian DNA/ comarade argument" as justification to violate our borders I guess I should be able to take up residence in any predominantly "white" country because I share genetics with them? When do I get to move to Germany or England without permission from their governments and take up residence? Afterall my ancestors were native to Europe also but to Poland and Ireland, not to Germany or England.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top