U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-31-2011, 08:57 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
My people are the Irish, another "hated' group of people many years ago. They were treated like crap by the English. But the English actually helped out Ireland a lot like forcing us to join the modern world.

What I'm trying to say is it wasn't just the Indians who were conquered by a more powerful group of people.

Long story short, many Mexican Americans I know don't want illegals here for many reasons. Why Mexico is such a mess is Mexico's problem to solve. It's their choice. Either join the world or be taken down.

Concerning the diseases that killed off the Indians: many people in Europe died as well from them during the Plagues in the 15th Century. Louis Pasteur Pasteur's proof of disease transmission wasn't discovered till around 1850 something.
Geez, can you believe it? Another living in the past individual. It has nothing to do with our immigration laws today. For the umpteenth time the tribal ancestors of the Mestizo Mexicans who are coming here lllegally were not indigenous to this country so how have we (the U.S.) been screwing them over for 500 years? Many of them don't like to acknowledge their Spanish roots either because that would mean that those ancestors are just as guilty as the English over the past. So essentially, they have no room to talk. I guess when they have no viable arguments against the enforcement of our immigration laws "today" they revert back to the "past".

As for NAFTA:

http://www.ustr.gov/about-us/press-o...decade-success

 
Old 12-31-2011, 09:26 AM
 
387 posts, read 270,592 times
Reputation: 40
Among American Hispanics about 10% favor stronger boarders and tighter enforcement. The rest favor a path to amnesty or a path to amnesty and stronger border/enforcement.

About 81% favor regularization with at worst payment of a fine.

Support for the DREAM act exceeds 90% in all segments of the US Hispanic community.

So in general the Hispanic community is strongly supportive of the illegal alien.

Last edited by libertylover7; 12-31-2011 at 10:07 AM..
 
Old 12-31-2011, 09:54 AM
 
11,536 posts, read 8,462,710 times
Reputation: 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It's the truth. Mexico isn't a poor country. Haiti IS poor. antarez said countries like Japan rebuilt after being nuked in 1945. Mexico hasn't had any sort of real war in 100 years or so.
So much for the claim that people only have a problem with illegals.

People living in Mexico are not illegals.
 
Old 12-31-2011, 11:30 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Among American Hispanics about 10% favor stronger boarders and tighter enforcement. The rest favor a path to amnesty or a path to amnesty and stronger border/enforcement.

About 81% favor regularization with at worst payment of a fine.

Support for the DREAM act exceeds 90% in all segments of the US Hispanic community.

So in general the Hispanic community is strongly supportive of the illegal alien.
Only their "own" raza illegals. You don't see all that many hispanics demanding unlimited immigration for Haitians, for Somalians, for Europeans.

It's a very racist agenda they have. Yes, a majority want unlimited completely unrestricted immigration and instant US citizenship for all those from their own countries. Not usually for the entire world.

And they don't care one iota about how we're going to pay for them all, they don't care one iota about unemployment, high national debt. It's just what they see as benefitting la raza.
 
Old 12-31-2011, 11:34 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Geez, can you believe it? Another living in the past individual. It has nothing to do with our immigration laws today. For the umpteenth time the tribal ancestors of the Mestizo Mexicans who are coming here lllegally were not indigenous to this country so how have we (the U.S.) been screwing them over for 500 years? Many of them don't like to acknowledge their Spanish roots either because that would mean that those ancestors are just as guilty as the English over the past. So essentially, they have no room to talk. I guess when they have no viable arguments against the enforcement of our immigration laws "today" they revert back to the "past".

As for NAFTA:

NAFTA: A Decade of Success | Office of the United States Trade Representative
Nor do they like to acknowledge their African roots, because at one time in colonial days of Mexico there were only about 1,000,000 Indians, and about 800,000 African slaves. They don't even wonder what became of those African slaves but seem to think they just disappeared into thin air. The slave blood allowed the mestizo to survive the new endemics.
 
Old 12-31-2011, 11:38 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So much for the claim that people only have a problem with illegals.

People living in Mexico are not illegals.
Mexico needs to take their citizens who are illegal here back home. Otherwise I stand by the fact that Mexico has a problem with illegals.
 
Old 12-31-2011, 11:41 AM
 
387 posts, read 270,592 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Only their "own" raza illegals. You don't see all that many hispanics demanding unlimited immigration for Haitians, for Somalians, for Europeans.

It's a very racist agenda they have. Yes, a majority want unlimited completely unrestricted immigration and instant US citizenship for all those from their own countries. Not usually for the entire world.

And they don't care one iota about how we're going to pay for them all, they don't care one iota about unemployment, high national debt. It's just what they see as benefitting la raza.

A majority of the Hispanics favor strengthening the border and increasing enforcement.

Open borders sounds like another anti myth.
 
Old 12-31-2011, 12:42 PM
 
11,536 posts, read 8,462,710 times
Reputation: 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Mexico needs to take their citizens who are illegal here back home. Otherwise I stand by the fact that Mexico has a problem with illegals.
So your problem is not just with illegals, but also non illegal Mexicans
 
Old 12-31-2011, 12:47 PM
 
17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Reputation: 8519
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
And the point, exactly? Most people who "got theirs" don't give a crap about what other people go through.
THAT is an un-nuanced position!


Imagine that you went to 6 years of college to get your master's degree. The expense, the time, the committment.


Five years after you get your degree, your college starts handing out degrees for free, and only after one year of classes.

You're not going to be against that practice? Not the least bit resentful? But hey, you got yours, right, so you wouldn't give a crap about the other people getting the free, easy degrees, right?



By the way: It's offensive to Latinos to suggest that they automatically be aligned with "other Latinos" simply because they share a common ancestral conqueror and language. I mean, what kind of tribalism is that, anyway?
 
Old 12-31-2011, 12:54 PM
 
11,536 posts, read 8,462,710 times
Reputation: 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
By the way: It's offensive to Latinos to suggest that they automatically be aligned with "other Latinos" simply because they share a common ancestral conqueror and language. I mean, what kind of tribalism is that, anyway?
As opposed to someone who lumps the majority of Latinos together.

Gee, I've never seen that. <--sarcastic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top