U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-31-2011, 11:29 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,013,182 times
Reputation: 3602

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I didn't notice her post. I personally haven't heard any supporters of illegal immigrants using the "starving" argument.

I was referring to the title of the OP, in which the OP suggested that starving illegals is a good way to get rid of them. Such a warm Christmas time sentiment.
So, you are not saying that this strategy would not work, just that you don't like it.

Of course from some of your posts that figures. You seem to like the illegals more than legals (all races included).

 
Old 12-31-2011, 11:32 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,397,164 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
What's ridiculous is that you think you know anything about life in Mexico based on a single article. And no, stopping at the port of Cancun during a cruise doesn't count.
What's ridiculous is being told to support millions of Mexicans. Why should I be forced to pay for the education and feeding of Mexican nationals who have violated our borders? Because that's what happens when they come here in violation of our borders and bring their children with them. They can't support them without my help. I resent being forced to pay for the feeding of people who come from the second fattest nation in the world.

You're the one who said that the people in question make three bucks an hour. If all they make is three bucks an hour why are they having children? Do you think it's okay to have children on what amounts to 6k a year?



For that matter do you think the article I posted is wrong about Mexico? And if it is well then roughly a billion people live in less than $1.25 a year. Shall we let them ALL here and give them food stamps so you can feel good about yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Source for the "starving Mexicans"? Any number of the purported stories about support for illegals turn out to be right wing myths. I suspect this is one.

Or is it a private myth of Elenora?
As I have explained many times I am not a right winger merely because I do not agree with you on this issue. Why do you want to punish the American poor by allowing millions in to compete with them?

People were accusing the OP of wanting to starve illegals. I merely pointed out that the majority of illegals are from a country where the majority of people are not only not starving but are actually fat.

Why don't you start in with your own private myth? The one that says that if we give them amnesty and free college degrees that will solve the problem of illegal immigration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Eleanora clearly states that "starving Mexicans" is a standard defense of open borders. I don't think so. Would you care to cite a few examples of where illegal supporters claim people are starving in Mexico?
Several people immediately chimed in to accuse the OP of wanting to starve people. Again am I not allowed to point out that food is so plentiful in their home country that they are likely to be fat rather than starving?

Or is that not allowed?
 
Old 12-31-2011, 11:33 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,013,182 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
In question was countries that share "American cultural values", but if you want to make it about ethnic groupings, go right ahead...

I thought that illegal immigration wasn't supposed to be about race...
Another misconception put forward by you in an attempt to state it as fact.

"Ethnic" does not equate to "race" and you know it. It would appear to be you playing the race card. As usual.
 
Old 12-31-2011, 11:36 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,013,182 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If that's Mexico's answer for its problems; blame everyone else instead of its own failings, then Mexico is truly a mess.

Perhaps it is only following the 0-blamea path; blame anyone else to duck respondsibility. It seems to be working for him
 
Old 12-31-2011, 12:04 PM
 
11,536 posts, read 8,514,053 times
Reputation: 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Of course from some of your posts that figures. You seem to like the illegals more than legals (all races included).
Care to back that up with facts? Which posts?

Seems like you have no problem with spreading the message of starving people during Christmas time. Maybe you could put that on your next holiday card.
 
Old 12-31-2011, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,029,168 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Another misconception put forward by you in an attempt to state it as fact.

"Ethnic" does not equate to "race" and you know it. It would appear to be you playing the race card. As usual.
Ok, what is the common ethnicity shared between Europeans, Australians, and Canadians that makes them more of a cultural fit with for the United States? Europe is not all the English language, so the definition didn't seem to be based on that. Asian and African democracies that would be as easy of adjustment into America were strangely left off woof's list.

I'm interested to hear what "cultural values" that Hispanics lack, when they were specifically mentioned by ethnicity on an illegal immigration forum...
 
Old 12-31-2011, 12:09 PM
 
387 posts, read 271,745 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post

As I have explained many times I am not a right winger merely because I do not agree with you on this issue. Why do you want to punish the American poor by allowing millions in to compete with them?

People were accusing the OP of wanting to starve illegals. I merely pointed out that the majority of illegals are from a country where the majority of people are not only not starving but are actually fat.

Why don't you start in with your own private myth? The one that says that if we give them amnesty and free college degrees that will solve the problem of illegal immigration.

?
*************
Originally Posted by Eleanora1
People are talking about starving Mexicans. I pointed out that most Mexicans aren't starving
**************

I never suggested you were a right winger. Merely using their talking points.

I don't want to allow competition with the American poor. So I am trying to cut it off where it is rather than following your strategy which will likely lead to the influx increasing by 50% or more.

What would starving illegals have to do with diet in Mexico?

While your at it what is the source for this other myth of yours that someone is suggesting free college for illegals? I can't find anyone suggesting that is under discussion but you. Another Eleanor myth?
 
Old 12-31-2011, 12:21 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,949,633 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
I would point out that the DREAMIES are virtually perfect cultural fits but are rejected here.
Except they aren't the perfect cultural fit. Many speak little English or speak it only when they have to. It's often the "dreamies" that you see proudly displaying their Mexican flags, even as decals on their cars -- often more than their parents. English is not their first language, not their preferred language. Many showed up here at age 15 or 16 after being smuggled in but believe that being here illegally entitles them to more than citizens get.
 
Old 12-31-2011, 12:27 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,949,633 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I didn't notice her post. I personally haven't heard any supporters of illegal immigrants using the "starving" argument.

I was referring to the title of the OP, in which the OP suggested that starving illegals is a good way to get rid of them. Such a warm Christmas time sentiment.
Oh please. They're just talking about cutting off all the government handouts and cracking down on the workplaces that hire illegals.

No one really believes that illegals are stupid enough to remain here and starve to death when it's just a quick bus ride back to the border.
 
Old 12-31-2011, 12:44 PM
 
387 posts, read 271,745 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Oh please. They're just talking about cutting off all the government handouts and cracking down on the workplaces that hire illegals.

No one really believes that illegals are stupid enough to remain here and starve to death when it's just a quick bus ride back to the border.
******************
Originally Posted by Eleanora1
People are talking about starving Mexicans. I pointed out that most Mexicans aren't starving
******************
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top