U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-31-2011, 07:23 PM

50,246 posts, read 47,554,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The point was that most Americans do not hire illegal aliens and their sons/daughters are not taught to be lazy.
"most all and everyone" are pretty bad terms to use.
lets shrink it down some, there are estimated 20 million illegals, that is alota lawns to cut and houses to clean. for the record and i will use the term, most of the lawns are done here on my block are by a japanese man, who has 2 illegals working for him. do u follow? my neighbors do hire illegals albeheit indirectly and they do have unemployed kids that are on the couch, i know my neighbors, i know the japanese man, i know the illegals. if the shoe fits wear it

Old 12-31-2011, 07:31 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,370,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
"most all and everyone" are pretty bad terms to use.
lets shrink it down some, there are estimated 20 million illegals, that is alota lawns to cut and houses to clean. for the record and i will use the term, most of the lawns are done here on my block are by a japanese man, who has 2 illegals working for him. do u follow? my neighbors do hire illegals albeheit indirectly and they do have unemployed kids that are on the couch, i know my neighbors, i know the japanese man, i know the illegals. if the shoe fits wear it, if not let it go by, it was not meant for you.
Hiring through a contractor is not hiring illegals yourself. It is up to the contractor to determine the legal status of their workers not the American who hires a contractor. I stand by what I said. Just because this happens in your neighborhood doesn't mean it is indicative of what the majority of Americans do.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Hiring through a contractor is not hiring illegals yourself. It is up to the contractor to determine the legal status of their workers not the American who hires a contractor. I stand by what I said. Just because this happens in your neighborhood doesn't mean it is indicative of what the majority of Americans do.
how many neighborhoods does it have to happen in before it is indicative???
r u saying my neighborhood is the rare exception?
how bout my church my fraternal org, the banks the fast food the mexican food how bout my local police department!!!!! how bout the county the city and the state--- they contract-- all of them- for janitor and garden-- and yes being staffed by illegals. how bout not being able to build a house in this county w/o the use of illegal labor, how bout the bust last year of walmart of 130 illegals working for the subcontractor. the courts have determined if you know and they are illegal does not matter that you subcontracted.
its not dont look dont tell--- its about promoting illegal and exploitive labor in our community.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
how many neighborhoods does it have to happen in before it is indicative???
r u saying my neighborhood is the rare exception?
how bout my church my fraternal org, the banks the fast food the mexican food how bout my local police department!!!!! how bout the county the city and the state--- they contract-- all of them- for janitor and garden-- and yes being staffed by illegals. how bout not being able to build a house in this county w/o the use of illegal labor, how bout the bust last year of walmart of 130 illegals working for the subcontractor. the courts have determined if you know and they are illegal does not matter that you subcontracted.
its not dont look dont tell--- its about promoting illegal and exploitive labor in our community.
The law needs to go after the contractors rather than blaming the Americans who go through contractors. It is the contractors that are exploiting illegal labor. By the way, how do you know that the landscape contractor in your neighborhood hires illegals? Surely, the contractor wouldn't admit it if asked.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
The law needs to go after the contractors rather than blaming the Americans who go through contractors. It is the contractors that are exploiting illegal labor. By the way, how do you know that the landscape contractor in your neighborhood hires illegals? Surely, the contractor wouldn't admit it if asked.
bek i went to school in mexico and speak fluent spanish and talk to the gardeners on the street. what-- my county is full of illegals working what r u asking ????? how do i know they are illegals and not swedish tourists in front of home depot????, all 30 of them every morning, speaking in spanish only? the law needs to go after them??? the law hires them to do the garden and bathrooms thru subcontracting, just like every body else. the cop is 2 blocks away from home depot every morning giving tickets at the freeway entrance, u think he does not know??? u think BP does not know???? dont look dont tell gone wild.
the elephant in the living room. oooppps time to suit up for new years eve. you have a good one. happy new year.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-31-2011 at 08:43 PM..

Old 12-31-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
bek i went to school in mexico and speak fluent spanish and talk to the gardeners.
Why don't you report the contractor then since from your own words those who hire illegals are a part of the problem?

Old 12-31-2011, 10:24 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,997,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
In question was countries that share "American cultural values", but if you want to make it about ethnic groupings, go right ahead...

I thought that illegal immigration wasn't supposed to be about race...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Another misconception put forward by you in an attempt to state it as fact.

"Ethnic" does not equate to "race" and you know it. It would appear to be you playing the race card. As usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Ok, what is the common ethnicity shared between Europeans, Australians, and Canadians that makes them more of a cultural fit with for the United States? Europe is not all the English language, so the definition didn't seem to be based on that. Asian and African democracies that would be as easy of adjustment into America were strangely left off woof's list.

I'm interested to hear what "cultural values" that Hispanics lack, when they were specifically mentioned by ethnicity on an illegal immigration forum...
As usual, you are trying to change the conversation away from what has been stated to what you wish had been stated.

Note that you are the one citing non-existant statements concerning "cultural values", not I. It would seem your liberal bigotry is showing again. Try sticking to arguing actual statements, not ones you make up and attempt to attribute to others. Along with your continued attempts to equate "ethnic" with "race". That, and applying your ever changing definitions interchangably.

Your racism is showing again.

Last edited by Arjay51; 12-31-2011 at 10:33 PM..

Old 12-31-2011, 10:27 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,997,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Care to back that up with facts? Which posts?

Seems like you have no problem with spreading the message of starving people during Christmas time. Maybe you could put that on your next holiday card.
Oh yes, YOU must defend the obese illegals. The time of the year has absolutely no bearing on what should be done with illegals. Thinking so is just another of you statements defined by two words: oral flatulence.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:31 PM
Status: "It's peanut-butter-jelly time, peanut-butter-jelly time!" (set 22 days ago)

7,004 posts, read 4,047,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
America is likely the only country that allows ourselves to be overrun by so many foreigners and doing little to stop it while having countless resources for the people doing so. Of course other immigrants and descendants of other immigrants are not supportive of it if they themselves went through the legal process of becoming self-supporting American citizens.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:58 PM

5,305 posts, read 1,956,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
...Your racism is showing again.
So you are defining me as a racist?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.