Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 07:57 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
bek i went to school in mexico and speak fluent spanish and talk to the gardeners on the street. what-- my county is full of illegals working what r u asking ????? how do i know they are illegals and not swedish tourists in front of home depot????, all 30 of them every morning, speaking in spanish only? the law needs to go after them??? the law hires them to do the garden and bathrooms thru subcontracting, just like every body else. the cop is 2 blocks away from home depot every morning giving tickets at the freeway entrance, u think he does not know??? u think BP does not know???? dont look dont tell gone wild.
the elephant in the living room. oooppps time to suit up for new years eve. you have a good one. happy new year.
Law enforcement usually operate within the law. They aren't just questioning people because they speak Spanish. Yes, those who "knowingly" hire illegal aliens are guilty. However, I sense from your posts that you put all the blame on them rather than any blame on the illegals themselves. They are equally guilty!

Old 01-01-2012, 11:08 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
bek i went to school in mexico and speak fluent spanish and talk to the gardeners on the street. what-- my county is full of illegals working what r u asking ????? how do i know they are illegals and not swedish tourists in front of home depot????, all 30 of them every morning, speaking in spanish only? the law needs to go after them??? the law hires them to do the garden and bathrooms thru subcontracting, just like every body else. the cop is 2 blocks away from home depot every morning giving tickets at the freeway entrance, u think he does not know??? u think BP does not know???? dont look dont tell gone wild.
the elephant in the living room. oooppps time to suit up for new years eve. you have a good one. happy new year.
Yes, and if those 100% Spanish speakers happen to have work visas there is no problem at all for them. An H2A visa is pretty easy to get, and there are no caps. I know at least some agricultural workers actually have work visas. No big deal.

However I'm not sure that all those "contractors" begging for a job in a Home Depot parking lot have work visas as usually you have to have an employer help get you a work visa. And yes, the contractor who hires up a 100% Spanish speaking crew generally knows full well he's hiring illegals.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:10 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Your racism is showing again.
The most ironic post of the day

Old 01-01-2012, 02:48 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Oh please. They're just talking about cutting off all the government handouts and cracking down on the workplaces that hire illegals.

No one really believes that illegals are stupid enough to remain here and starve to death when it's just a quick bus ride back to the border.
Thanks for clearing this up, my use of starve= loss off illegally obtained employment and benefits.

The other poster is sensationalizing things because his is a FAILED, WEAK arguement.

By removing employment( Through enforcement) and cutting off freebies, you will have illegals sef deport.

A strategy that is a win for the USA as it's cost nothing when they leave on their own accord.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:33 PM

387 posts, read 337,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Thanks for clearing this up, my use of starve= loss off illegally obtained employment and benefits.

The other poster is sensationalizing things because his is a FAILED, WEAK arguement.

By removing employment( Through enforcement) and cutting off freebies, you will have illegals sef deport.

A strategy that is a win for the USA as it's cost nothing when they leave on their own accord.
Dream on. The illegals are here for jobs. If not on the books then off the books. Half are already off the books.

The welfare stuff is an anti myth. They get none back home. They get close to none here. The difference is they can make money here.

Stop the money and they will go home. Move the money off the books and they will stay forever and screw us up.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:07 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Dream on. The illegals are here for jobs. If not on the books then off the books. Half are already off the books.

The welfare stuff is an anti myth. They get none back home. They get close to none here. The difference is they can make money here.

Stop the money and they will go home. Move the money off the books and they will stay forever and screw us up.
You just left out their Anchor Babies welfare THAT THEIR ILLEGAL parents spend/use.

In your world Anchor infants spend their own wefare I guess.

But FACTS aren't part of your response are they ?

Old 01-01-2012, 07:27 PM

387 posts, read 337,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You just left out their Anchor Babies welfare THAT THEIR ILLEGAL parents spend/use.

In your world Anchor infants spend their own wefare I guess.

But FACTS aren't part of your response are they ?
Ancxhor babies are simply another anti myth.

Some of the illegals get limited and very limited help for their legal children.

It is not a motivator. Merely a little financial help.

Now if you want to save some big money we could stop sponsoring small children. If you don't mind the little ones dying on the sidewalk we could save a lot of dough and kill off the next welfare generation. Be almost as effective as abortion.

That turn you on?

Old 01-01-2012, 09:41 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Ancxhor babies are simply another anti myth.

Some of the illegals get limited and very limited help for their legal children.

It is not a motivator. Merely a little financial help.

Now if you want to save some big money we could stop sponsoring small children. If you don't mind the little ones dying on the sidewalk we could save a lot of dough and kill off the next welfare generation. Be almost as effective as abortion.

That turn you on?
Oh for god sakes. In other post you freely admitted that many are Mexican and have only a 9th grade education. You also admitted they come here so their children can get beyond a 9th grade education.

Good grief. They're even running ads around here on the buses stating "pre-escular gratis." That's Spanish for free preschool. Yeah it's free for illegals. But I had to shell out $250 a month because I'm not some creepy illegal working off the books and therefore actually report my income to the authorities and therefore don't qualify.

Mexicans should go demand things from Mexico, not from the American taxpayer. You know. The place where more than half of the people are not only not dying but they're fat.

How about you tone down the santimonious rhetoric and admit this?

Old 01-02-2012, 04:47 AM

25 posts, read 26,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The point was that most Americans do not hire illegal aliens and their sons/daughters are not taught to be lazy.
No. Most Americans do not. However, the children of even the upper-middle class and above ARE taught to be way to self-confident AND lazy. They are raised to accept their privilege in the world as inherent (as it usually is). There is a huge safety net under these children, and they know it. This allows them to make risks that either end in failure, or make the family more money. It's all the same to them. They very rarely fail to the point of losing everything.

Typical Americans are not afforded this luxury. Knowing that when the bottom drops out, there is nothing buy a concrete floor underneath you, is enough to keep people in line and out of the game. We no longer live in a world where hard work will get you somewhere, by the sweat of your brow. Our world demands exceptional intelligence, competitiveness, and enough capital to back yourself up.

Minimum wage jobs cannot give Americans a competitive advantage. Even if there were no "illegals" to deal with. The math doesn't add up. Immigrants make it work because they (like many other cultures) live in multi-generational households, and collectively save to achieve their goals. Average Americans won't do that. We are so concerned with individualism that we think by identifying and living with our families, that we lose our sense of self. IMO, those days are coming to an end. The sooner people realize that, the better.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:55 AM

25 posts, read 26,378 times
And crossing a border to help your family is something ANYONE with a starving family would do. Hunger is not discriminatory. By hook or crook, you are supposed to feed your kids. There is not a parent in the world that can stand to see their child starve to death, or want their children to see their parents stave to death either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration