U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-15-2012, 09:25 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,293,735 times
Reputation: 5895

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
Ahhh.... Yes, but it seems that "outsourcing" is a dwindling trend. Companies are finding out that it isn't as cheap to use Chinese labor anymore. Looks like jobs are going to start coming back home.
I've heard that said and China isn't happy. Good for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-15-2012, 11:59 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,013,920 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Let us understand this one...

You propose to fire 800 well paid Americans to deprive 200 well paid illegals of their jobs?

You believe that is constructive?. Hey how about Nuking CA and TX? Get rid of 3/4 of the illegals at the cost of 50 million Americans...
Someone else beat you to the thought: I've seen the wishful thinking put to words at ALIPAC that a California earthquake would drop it into the ocean. Yeah, they were actually cheering about that prospect. Impressions among the California members were mixed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2012, 12:09 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,774,657 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
It is a stinking system with little logic or fairness. But it also does not go out and nail people because they made the paper.

Of course Obama panders to the Hispanics. And to the blacks and to the liberal to some extent. What that means is the Repubs have to get a very high percentage of the whites to win. They won't.

So what is Obama doing wrong?
Ah ha, it's the race card again. It's always those damn white racist's that have
the gall to want the law enforced. That's really unfair to all those minority criminals who just want a better life.

Obama isn't doing any thing wrong, he just doesn't do any thing right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2012, 10:09 AM
 
387 posts, read 270,874 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Ah ha, it's the race card again. It's always those damn white racist's that have
the gall to want the law enforced. That's really unfair to all those minority criminals who just want a better life.

Obama isn't doing any thing wrong, he just doesn't do any thing right.
I am not sure you got the point correctly. The demographics of the voting are reasonably clear. Obama gets virtually all of the blacks, a large portion of the hispanics and less than a majority of the white voters. Fact in 2008 and the likely outcome in 2012.

How would such a fact be racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
2,311 posts, read 3,465,526 times
Reputation: 5304
I'm extremely pleased to see these illegal's removed from the company's payroll.

To Pacific Steel;

Now Hire U.S. citizens to replace them!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,890,891 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I'm extremely pleased to see these illegal's removed from the company's payroll.

To Pacific Steel;

Now Hire U.S. citizens to replace them!!!
To pacific steel: You should have hired legal s to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 09:33 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
To pacific steel: You should have hired legal s to begin with.
From the article -
"The company is replacing those who have been laid off, said Jewel. The company now uses a website called E-Verify, which provides instant electronic verification of an employee’s status".

This indicates to me that the employees provided fake documents and since the company wasn't using e-verify prior to this raid that they may have bilked by these employees rather than Pacific Steel "knowingly" hiring illegal aliens. Either that or they had someone working in their HR dept. that knew they were illegals and hired them anyway.

At any rate I am glad they are using e-verify now and many Americans will be able to fill for those jobs now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 12:42 PM
 
7 posts, read 5,748 times
Reputation: 17
It's about time illegals get what should have been coming to them years ago. As a LEGAL immigrant to the US, it frustrates people like me who have gone through the tedious process patiently, diligently, and paid quite a bit for it, to hear talk of amnesty for people who are breaking the law.

Send them all back to where they came from!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 03:59 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,423,402 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaptjips View Post
It's about time illegals get what should have been coming to them years ago. As a LEGAL immigrant to the US, it frustrates people like me who have gone through the tedious process patiently, diligently, and paid quite a bit for it, to hear talk of amnesty for people who are breaking the law.

Send them all back to where they came from!
As an American, I apologize on behalf of all the greedy corporate crooks, corrupt pandering politicians and the lazy elitist in this country who thinks it's okay to sell the citizens and legal residents and our country down the river.

Thank you for obeying the laws and playing by the rules. I sincerely hope that your American Dream comes true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 04:01 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
As an American, I apologize on behalf of all the greedy corporate crooks, corrupt pandering politicians and the lazy elitist in this country who thinks it's okay to sell the citizens and legal residents and our country down the river.

Thank you for obeying the laws and playing by the rules. I sincerely hope that your American Dream comes true.
Ditto! I can't understand how anyone who has come here legally or has had a relative come here legally can be a defender of illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top