Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 09:17 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,042,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
There is nothing wrong with our guest worker program. The problem is many of those coming across our borders illegally don't want to work or in all likelihood don't qualify. It's much easier to run or swim across the border in full blown labor, birth a defacto "American" and financially rape the American taxpayers for the rest of their lives. The next couple of generations will continue the tradition.
Yeah, all 50 million of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 10:35 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,902,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
After a recent crackdown by the Department of Homeland Security, 200 workers who could not provide a valid social security number are being laid off.
Those let go from the third largest foundry in the United States include many highly skilled workers who have been at the company for decades.
“It’s very sad,” said spokeswoman Elisabeth Jewel from the firm Aroner, Jewel & Ellis Partners. “The employees who are being terminated now have the most seniority. Many have been there 20 to 30 years. They have kids in the public school. They pay taxes. They are fully invested in American life. It’s been a really wrenching situation – obviously for the workers – but also for the company.”

200 undocumented Pacific Steel workers lose their jobs | Berkeleyside

The employer of these illegal aliens should be heavily fined and jailed. These people have been in this country illegally for decades and their employer willfully aided and abetted them. It doesn't matter if they have been here 50 years, they all need to be deported immediately. Their departure will free up jobs for Americans and classroom space for their children.

So much for them doing the jobs Americans won't do.
$18 an hour in California is not even enough to put a roof over your head. Americans don't want poor paying jobs in hot factories.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:45 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,310,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
$18 an hour in California is not even enough to put a roof over your head. Americans don't want poor paying jobs in hot factories.
You're wrong. Our less educated and entry level Americans would take them in a heartbeat. Who do you think did those factory jobs before the flood of illegal aliens and outsourcing? Besides with a spouse working also they can have a middle class standard of living.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:48 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,902,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You're wrong. Our less educated and entry level Americans would take them in a heartbeat. Who do you think did those factory jobs before the flood of illegal aliens and outsourcing? Besides with a spouse working also they can have a middle class standard of living.
Mostly blacks because they had no other options before the 70s. And no, even if you had a working spouse, $18 an hour is chicken feed in California where rents for a small apartment top $2000 a month and houses START at $500,000.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
Mostly blacks because they had no other options before the 70s. And no, even if you had a working spouse, $18 an hour is chicken feed in California where rents for a small apartment top $2000 a month and houses START at $500,000.
Wrong again. Whites did those jobs at one time also. I was born in a town where there were two large factories and it was nearly all whites doing those jobs. Of course this was quite awhile back before the flood of illegal aliens. I live in Calif. A $2,000 a month apt. would be high end. There are many decent apts. for around $1,000 a month. Houses that used to be $500,000 are going for less than half that amount now. You can get a decent house here in So. Calif. for even less than $200,000 now.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:08 AM

5 posts, read 10,160 times
don't blame the illegals for taking american citizens jobs neither the industries, blame the lazy people
that abound all over the usa that demands high pay and complaint about any thing and don't work
hard like the illegals do, if you were a factory owner you would hire illegals if you wanted to make your
company grow, otherwise you would be going into bankruptcy, yes that's the reality all these lazy people complaining about illegals should get up from the sofa and get their asses to work instead of being waiting for the welfare checks, government knows that's why they don't do nothing about it
cause they are not stupid, they just let all this lazys cry out loud

Old 01-02-2012, 11:11 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,844,772 times
Quote:
Wrong again. Whites did those jobs at one time also. I was born in a town where there were two large factories and it was nearly all whites doing those jobs. Of course this was quite awhile back before the flood of illegal aliens...
Yes, quite some time ago...

I was talking about for your birth...

Quote:
...I live in Calif. A $2,000 a month apt. would be high end. There are many decent apts. for around $1,000 a month. Houses that used to be $500,000 are going for less than half that amount now. You can get a decent house here in So. Calif. for even less than $200,000 now.
But where you are in California is not exactly metropolitan, and doesn't show even an average price-point for the areas much closer to the coast...

Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpadilla7 View Post
don't blame the illegals for taking american citizens jobs neither the industries, blame the lazy people
that abound all over the usa that demands high pay and complaint about any thing and don't work
hard like the illegals do, if you were a factory owner you would hire illegals if you wanted to make your
company grow, otherwise you would be going into bankruptcy, yes that's the reality all these lazy people complaining about illegals should get up from the sofa and get their asses to work instead of being waiting for the welfare checks, government knows that's why they don't do nothing about it
You're just spewing the usual pro-illegal propaganda. Americans didn't built this successful country by being lazy. No employer has the right to hire illegals for any reason whatsover. If they can't survive by respecting our immigration and labor laws then they deserve to go under.

Most Americans are not lazy nor are they on welfare. Educate yourself on this subject.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:16 AM

18,779 posts, read 18,112,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpadilla7 View Post
I have shoveled manure to make a living. I had other whites shoveling right along side of me. If you need to put food on the table and a roof over your head; you do whatever it takes. It doesn’t make any difference what color your skin is - it is about survival.

Sure; we would like better jobs. I left my manure job and climbed up the ladder. But; I have never been ashamed that I had to shovel at one time in my life.

Years ago our politicians used to praise American workers for our productivity and resourcefulness. Today, many politicians only praise foreign workers. Apparently the big corporations do not want any legal Americans praised - it isn’t their agenda. There are still plenty of hard working young and old legal workers that are more than willing to take hard, dirty jobs - even if the pay isn’t that great.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Yes, quite some time ago...

I was talking about for your birth...

But where you are in California is not exactly metropolitan, and doesn't show even an average price-point for the areas much closer to the coast...
What does this mean? "I was talking about for your birth..."?

Sure the coast is more expensive and areas around L.A. but so what? If an American can't afford those places there are affordable places futher inland so what is your point? There are larger towns nearby that are driveable to work also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration