Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 01:10 PM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpadilla7 View Post
this is not about morals is about convenience, when necesiti strikes all idealisms show their falsity
in mexico there are thousands or millions of americans living there they live in luxury towns with sea or lake views and they say they do it there because in the USA that would cost them 4 times as much
and nobody says anything, like i said nobody owns anything, they bought the house, they pay taxes
is their house.
If they aren't breaking any laws so what? They are spending tons of cash in Mexico. That's good for their local economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 02:58 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If they aren't breaking any laws so what? They are spending tons of cash in Mexico. That's good for their local economy.
I bet you could hear the squeels of pain if the rich American expates stopped buying those poorly built, over priced luxury townhomes down there. I dont think their homes are such a deal today and coupled with the drug cartels violence and the corrupt cops and builders, who wants it?

Old 01-02-2012, 03:02 PM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I bet you could hear the squeels of pain if the rich American expates stopped buying those poorly built, over priced luxury townhomes down there. I dont think their homes are such a deal today and coupled with the drug cartels violence and the corrupt cops and builders, who wants it?
Mexico is shooting itself right now with the new visa and passport issues. The remaining tourists that were brave enough to go down will simply opt out. That includes me. I quit going by land years ago but now I'm done traveling by boat into Mex waters.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:07 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Mexico is shooting itself right now with the new visa and passport issues. The remaining tourists that were brave enough to go down will simply opt out. That includes me. I quit going by land years ago but now I'm done traveling by boat into Mex waters.
No cruise to Mexico on the books here either. I would rather go to Canada. what are the new visa/passport issues? I have missed something.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:32 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
$18 an hour in California is not even enough to put a roof over your head. Americans don't want poor paying jobs in hot factories.
$18 an hour is a small town IS good money where a house goes for $60K

Old 01-02-2012, 03:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
this is not about morals is about convenience, when necesiti strikes all idealisms show their falsity
in mexico there are thousands or millions of americans living there they live in luxury towns with sea or lake views and they say they do it there because in the USA that would cost them 4 times as much
and nobody says anything, like i said nobody owns anything, they bought the house, they pay taxes
is their house.
I'M going to say those Americans living IN Mexico are mostly legal AND don't compete with the local people for jobs. Many of the first group are retirees so their Yankee dollars are LOVED in Mexico.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:12 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Doesn't it get old for you guys to sit here and bemoan all the people who could find work while you couldn't? I have to wonder if this is more about thinking these jobs should just be handed to you because you happen to be from the US. Frankly, you haven't earned sh*t. Talk about welfare. Sorry, but people who really want a job will do whatever it takes to get one, no matter how many illegals are here. If you want to blame someone, look in the mirror.
This burns me up ! You do not know what you are talking about. Sure, a finish carpenter, electrician or plumber can go to school, work for 10-15 years or more and be undercut by some scab that has on the job training and can't speak English and live 10 to a house.....! the employer is to blame and our government for letting this happen, as well as, the American people for sitting by complacently when times were good and not doing anything. Now, they are stuck.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
200 people for 20+ years and the IRS never did anything ?

Geeze...I transposed my son's SS number on my taxes one year and the letters from the IRS started almost immediately. The hoops I had to jump through to prove my son existed because I transposed 2 numbers in his SS number when I filed and listed him as a dependent.

Now how come they don't go after these workers with the same zeal they go after individual filers ?
You are absolutely right. I am a tax preparer and I have seen it many, many time. One small slip up and the notices start to roll in.....good luck getting it straightened out under a year.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
....snipped....Or how about Bernie Madoff? Does it matter that he committed fraud for a long time? Does that somehow excuse it?
well said.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
there are millions,,, millions of illegals working on all kinds of places, you think government doesn't know where they are?, they do and is very easy to get rid of all illegals, just don't give them a job and they will leave next day, but the ones who rule any country are the rich people, the owners of the industries
all these politicians giving speeches about changing the immigrant laws and deport all illegals are just
talking , the industrials rule.
I have to agree with your post. I have to laugh when we and the talking heads speak of the 10-15 million illegals in this country and we all know it is much, much more than that....it's a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration