U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 05:36 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Have you ever been in a foundry?

I doubt it. This is one of the places where smart old guys do well.

Nobody is actually strong enough if it goes south. And making sure it does not is much more important than moving it quick.
As a matter of fact I have been in a foundry, we had one not half a mile from my parents house so yeah I have been in one several times. I have also been in Newport News ship building yards many times and they have a foundry on sight.
Sorry but if illegals can be trained to do the job, and I am assuming that in most cases english is not their first language then US citizens can be trained to do the job as well.
Smart old guys? Old and smart are not always synonymous. I work in a factory that employs 2900 people. Its very rare to find a 30 uear tech that pulls their weight on a daily basis.
Excuses used:
1. I did that job 1000 times its your turn to learn.
2. I am paid for what I know not what I do.
3. I need to go up health services.
4. I have a meeting to go to.
5. Possibly my favorite. You will never learn how to do it if I do it for you.
NO people wont learn unless the experienced techs teach. Normally they dont like to teach because then everyone will know how to do the job and they wont be special.
I am a 20 year tech and havn't slowed down a bit. I also teach. I am a team leader like those 30 year vets and yet I have never had a meeting that was more important than teaching others how to do a job.
I am paid for what I do and part of that is leading by example.
Quantity in years never equates to quality.
When it comes to illegals it is never right that they get any form of preferential treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 10:11 AM

12,785 posts, read 12,751,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Mexico is shooting itself right now with the new visa and passport issues. The remaining tourists that were brave enough to go down will simply opt out. That includes me. I quit going by land years ago but now I'm done traveling by boat into Mex waters.
I have a friend who has a food tour business in Mexico City. Business keeps going up, and 95% of the clients are either from the US, Canada or Australia. Expat populations, at least in Mexico, have exploded in recent years. When I lived in Mexico City in 2004 and 2005, there were very few foreigners living there. I regularly visit and this year went to several parties that included people living there from the US, Germany, Norway, Korea, England, Australia, etc.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I have to agree with your post. I have to laugh when we and the talking heads speak of the 10-15 million illegals in this country and we all know it is much, much more than that....it's a joke.
How do you know it's more than that? Anecdotal evidence is extremely limiting, so I assume you've done some kind of scientifically-backed research on the matter. What were your findings and where is the peer-reviewed link to the studies?

Old 01-03-2012, 09:40 PM

387 posts, read 270,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
As a matter of fact I have been in a foundry, we had one not half a mile from my parents house so yeah I have been in one several times. I have also been in Newport News ship building yards many times and they have a foundry on sight.
Sorry but if illegals can be trained to do the job, and I am assuming that in most cases english is not their first language then US citizens can be trained to do the job as well.
Smart old guys? Old and smart are not always synonymous. I work in a factory that employs 2900 people. Its very rare to find a 30 uear tech that pulls their weight on a daily basis.
Excuses used:
1. I did that job 1000 times its your turn to learn.
2. I am paid for what I know not what I do.
3. I need to go up health services.
4. I have a meeting to go to.
5. Possibly my favorite. You will never learn how to do it if I do it for you.
NO people wont learn unless the experienced techs teach. Normally they dont like to teach because then everyone will know how to do the job and they wont be special.
I am a 20 year tech and havn't slowed down a bit. I also teach. I am a team leader like those 30 year vets and yet I have never had a meeting that was more important than teaching others how to do a job.
I am paid for what I do and part of that is leading by example.
Quantity in years never equates to quality.
When it comes to illegals it is never right that they get any form of preferential treatment.
Foundries are job shops. It is a rare job that gets done a thousand times.

In most foundaries teaching is an ongoing and immediate task. You don't want to get killed.

In a foundary everyone gets paid for what gets done...and done properly.

Any such place that loses 20% of its workforce and particularly it senior work force is hurting. At the very least product flow drops to half or less.

They may survive. But it will be hard. And it leads to people questioning whether they wish to function under such a regime.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:25 PM

3,853 posts, read 3,163,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Foundries are job shops. It is a rare job that gets done a thousand times.

In most foundaries teaching is an ongoing and immediate task. You don't want to get killed.

In a foundary everyone gets paid for what gets done...and done properly.

Any such place that loses 20% of its workforce and particularly it senior work force is hurting. At the very least product flow drops to half or less.

They may survive. But it will be hard. And it leads to people questioning whether they wish to function under such a regime.
WRONG !!!

In this foundry they get paid by the HOUR, NOT piece work.

Foundries have been in the US since the beginning. Imagine that NO Illegal Mexicans in foundries in 1776, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN !!!

If they want to employ Mexican Nationals they can set up shop in MEXICO !!!

Your excuses for a company violating AMERICAN labor laws is absolutely PATHETIC !!!!

GUESS WHAT ????? Americans have and will continue to work in foundries WITHOUT the need for ILLEGALS !!!

Imagine that, AMAZING isn't it !!!!

Old 01-04-2012, 06:51 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
WRONG !!!

Foundries have been in the US since the beginning. Imagine that NO Illegal Mexicans in foundries in 1776, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN !!!

Your excuses for a company violating AMERICAN labor laws is absolutely PATHETIC !!!!

GUESS WHAT ????? Americans have and will continue to work in foundries WITHOUT the need for ILLEGALS !!!

Old 01-04-2012, 03:46 PM

387 posts, read 270,806 times
Your writing is certainly getting emphatic. Now if you could only learn to get it factual!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
WRONG !!!

Who said otherwise? You don't know what a job shop is do you?

Quote:
Likely used blacks who were 3/5th of a person each. Back then it was an even lousier job.
Quote:
I don't believe my post mentioned Mexicans.

Quote:

I am not aware that it is known they violated AMERICAN labor laws. Cite the source of that finding. Note that it was an attempt to get fully compliant that led to the lost of senior personnel.

Come at this a little more calmly. Then you won't be incorrect in every paragraph you write.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:18 PM

32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I have a friend who has a food tour business in Mexico City. Business keeps going up, and 95% of the clients are either from the US, Canada or Australia. Expat populations, at least in Mexico, have exploded in recent years. When I lived in Mexico City in 2004 and 2005, there were very few foreigners living there. I regularly visit and this year went to several parties that included people living there from the US, Germany, Norway, Korea, England, Australia, etc.

Carnival, Other Cruise Lines Leaving California; Fewer Americans Going to Mexico | CNSnews.com

I know only a handful of people personally still going. Almost all have stopped.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:25 PM

47,316 posts, read 24,634,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post

The employer of these illegal aliens should be heavily fined and jailed. These people have been in this country illegally for decades and their employer willfully aided and abetted them. It doesn't matter if they have been here 50 years, they all need to be deported immediately. Their departure will free up jobs for Americans and classroom space for their children.

So much for them doing the jobs Americans won't do.
ABSOLUTELY! Nevermind the illegals. They were invited to come in and do the jobs.

We should nail this company to the cross with one of the steepest fines in history, and make damn sure it hurts really, really bad.

This stuff will not stop until the employers, not the illegals, are severely dealt with. We need to shut down one large major corporation and send some folks to jail to send a strong message. But as long as the fines aren't punitive enough to stop this practice, they'll fill these positions with illegals again the first chance they get.

Paying for more Border Patrol is just trying to spend our way out of the problem when we should be FINING our way out of it. Trust me, it'll work if we had the political will to do it. These illegals won't come here if there is no work.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Carnival, Other Cruise Lines Leaving California; Fewer Americans Going to Mexico | CNSnews.com

I know only a handful of people personally still going. Almost all have stopped.
So skittish Americans are not taking cruises as much because they're under the mistaken impression that resort cities are both under attack and represent the rest of Mexico. This is big news. That doesn't change what I said in the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or