Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 12:58 AM

229 posts, read 423,643 times

Advertisements

I'm sure they will find a way. Am I to understand that Arizona does not want any new illegal aliens to get jobs there, but if you already work there, it's okay? That's what I'm getting from some of the posts I read. WTF??! Is there concern that some illegal's "rights" might be violated by ensuring that they didn't slip in before the stricter policies? If you work for a company and are in the country legally, I don't see the concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 02:48 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,901,359 times
My sister works for a staffing company in CA and they get illegals all the time who use stolen SSNs sometimes of small children, would those get through e-verify?

Old 10-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
My sister works for a staffing company in CA and they get illegals all the time who use stolen SSNs sometimes of small children, would those get through e-verify?
Yes

Old 10-18-2012, 09:55 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
E -verify or any other ID system MUST USE BIOMETRICs to eliminate illegals from finding ways to cheat the system. Penalties for those who hire illegals and not being 100% sure they are legal need to be quick and severe.....It works in Canada but our politicians dont want us to know it .Illegals can lie, have fake papers , borrow names, steal IDs and SS numbers and even claim children not born etc etc, BUT THEY CANT CHANGE THEIR THUMB PRINTS... go figure

Old 10-18-2012, 10:25 AM

62,871 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
E -verify or any other ID system MUST USE BIOMETRICs to eliminate illegals from finding ways to cheat the system. Penalties for those who hire illegals and not being 100% sure they are legal need to be quick and severe.....It works in Canada but our politicians dont want us to know it .Illegals can lie, have fake papers , borrow names, steal IDs and SS numbers and even claim children not born etc etc, BUT THEY CANT CHANGE THEIR THUMB PRINTS... go figure
Ok, under another topic I asked you if these work permits can be easily faked so I guess you are saying that Canada uses biometrics to produce them? It probably would cut back on a lot of the larger employers scamming the system but the smaller ones might just pay under the table instead. Still anything that cuts back on the fraud by both the employers and illegal immigrants would be a big plus for us.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:23 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ok, under another topic I asked you if these work permits can be easily faked so I guess you are saying that Canada uses biometrics to produce them? It probably would cut back on a lot of the larger employers scamming the system but the smaller ones might just pay under the table instead. Still anything that cuts back on the fraud by both the employers and illegal immigrants would be a big plus for us.
In canada you better not be caught paying anyone under the table. The system in canada works, You can find the details on the net.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:36 PM

62,871 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
In canada you better not be caught paying anyone under the table. The system in canada works, You can find the details on the net.
That's great. Maybe there is less corruption in the Canadian government?

Old 10-20-2012, 01:45 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post

How many will get through the background check? How many will use someone else's ID, or borrow the identity of a legal relative, or just talk the manager into hiring them even though they are illegal, or know someone who works there that will slip them in. (Maybe give them a bribe?) What percent of illegal alien job applicants are going to be hired even though they use E-Verify at this new Fast Food Restaurant in Phoenix ARIZONA?
Even if the hiring manager follows the process honestly and correctly, 100% of illegals will successfully get through E-verify by presenting a stolen driver's license and matching social security card. The current system in place has no way of detecting this.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:18 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom34 View Post
All you guys are here complaining of not having jobs...go find a job ...the problem isn't the illegal aliens ...is people like you that wants somebody to blame of your bad situation....if e-verify doesn't work is because the government allows it ..they are more than a million illegal aliens working are getting deductions taken off from they paychecks that money goes to the government pockets ..illegal aliens don't get income tax done
And you tell me since you have all the answers! how is someone unemployed suppose to find a job, if for real they are not out there, ha?

The situation and unemployment is not what we are being told, go figure. I know so many americans still out of work, and cannot find a job, which they recently thought they could. Because they were being told by said administration, jobs are out there for anyone! Bull.

And do you not think that illegals taking jobs from Americans help our situation. Bull, it does not help to a already negative economy and high unemployemnt. Shame on American Employers who hire illegals, just as bad as our Government who allows them to jump our border fences.

People who are specialized in certain fields, why should they bother taking a low min job, no one wants a temp job, or low paying job.

FYI i was told by an illegal in 2010 about how easy it is for them to get fake I.D. so lets not even go there, ended up getting his A-- and my contractor in trouble.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:28 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
Well I worked at a company that used E Verify, I am a legal US citizen, and my boss showed me how much access he had with E verify he pulled my passport up on E verify which had some connectivity to DHS I believe and on his screen was my passport with a lot of details. Then he realized he probably shouldn't be showing me that and I never saw all the details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration