U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2012, 12:29 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Seriously, I have seen years ago military soldiers who did not speak English and they were being processed through the Army confinement facility. That was not a good situation. So, basic training would include English As A Second Language? No, they don't belong in OUR country and they surely don't belong in OUR military. Do you really want our soldiers next to someone that is there simply because this is the way for them to become legal? What an insane idea! If the military is involved at all, it should OUR citizens protecting OUR border from further invasion.
I so agree with you. Only those who are already American citizens should be able to serve in our military. Illegals can't "lawfully" serve in our military but I wouldn't doubt that some corrupt enlisting officer pulled a few strings to get some in or the illegal presented their usual fake or stolen documents to get in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2012, 01:21 PM
 
387 posts, read 270,806 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Seriously, I have seen years ago military soldiers who did not speak English and they were being processed through the Army confinement facility. That was not a good situation. So, basic training would include English As A Second Language? No, they don't belong in OUR country and they surely don't belong in OUR military. Do you really want our soldiers next to someone that is there simply because this is the way for them to become legal? What an insane idea! If the military is involved at all, it should OUR citizens protecting OUR border from further invasion.
Joining requires a score of the AFQT which is given only in English. It is doubtful that anyone not skilled in English would get a qualifying score.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 05:08 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,423,070 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
And it was also filled with numerous people counciling much more acceptable paths.

You apparently see only the ones you wish to see.
Your statement is totally inaccurate. I simply stated the part that you left out, or have you forgotten that there are two sides to every story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 05:31 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times
Reputation: 6451
I would like to believe him. But as someone who knows politicians all too well, i sometimes do not give even those in my party the benefit of the doubt. Trusting has to be earned.
We have got to start somewhere, even if taken itsy bitsy steps that lead to the one giant leap.

At this point i want someone anyone on either side, to actually care about all of those illegals who enter into this Country illegally. It has got to stop now.
Good for Romeny if he so means it.
I am clear about one thing, Obama does not care!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 06:06 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I would like to believe him. But as someone who knows politicians all too well, i sometimes do not give even those in my party the benefit of the doubt. Trusting has to be earned.
We have got to start somewhere, even if taken itsy bitsy steps that lead to the one giant leap.

At this point i want someone anyone on either side, to actually care about all of those illegals who enter into this Country illegally. It has got to stop now.
Good for Romeny if he so means it.
I am clear about one thing, Obama does not care!
I agree. We already know where Obama stands on this issue. I'll gamble on the other guy hoping it will be the change we have been waiting for. If wrong what do we have to lose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Native Floridian, USA
4,896 posts, read 5,867,686 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
I would like to believe that somebody, anybody on either side of the political aisle is serious about ending this invasion. Unfortunately, every single candidate (except Michelle Bachman) has flip flopped throughout the debate stages. IMHO the rest are all two faced corporate elite pandering liars.
I agree. I would love to see a Romney/Bachman ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2012, 08:56 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Reputation: 620
Romney is never going to win the general elections with a hardline position like that. I swear the GOP never learn when it comes to this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2012, 09:00 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Romney is never going to win the general elections with a hardline position like that. I swear the GOP never learn when it comes to this issue.
So honoring our laws on the books is "hardline"? The only ones who view it that way have an ethnocentric interest in this or are bleeding heart liberals. Most of the electorate doesn't feel that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2012, 10:12 PM
 
152 posts, read 308,579 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So honoring our laws on the books is "hardline"? The only ones who view it that way have an ethnocentric interest in this or are bleeding heart liberals. Most of the electorate doesn't feel that way.
Sure they do - 63% or so want a path to citizenship...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2012, 11:49 PM
 
Location: In bed with Madonna
475 posts, read 380,003 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I agree. I would love to see a Romney/Bachman ticket.
You cant be serious. Bachman is the new Palin. Bachman campaign was based on God, the bible, her anti-gay agenda, country, the flag and all those redneck stuff.
Only in this country, during their campaign, our candidates talk about all that, who cares ? (well, the stupid conservatives do but not the rest of us). All i want to know is what are you going to do to fix the economy ? how are you going to do it ? how are you going to create jobs ? etc, etc, etc. I do not care about your stupid religion or if you believe gays should be married or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top