U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 04:27 PM

3,867 posts, read 3,181,537 times

Advertisements

Mitt Romney says he would veto DREAM Act - latimes.com

This is the direction the US is thankfully going on !!!

This Dreamie BS will end soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 04:32 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,430,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

I would like to believe that somebody, anybody on either side of the political aisle is serious about ending this invasion. Unfortunately, every single candidate (except Michelle Bachman) has flip flopped throughout the debate stages. IMHO the rest are all two faced corporate elite pandering liars.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:58 PM

387 posts, read 271,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

You missed the bit about armed forces service providing a path?

So we are just going to make it tough on the smart ones who could go to college and make a contribution?

We are going no where except to more illegal aliens. Because no one is willing to even try and fix it.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:58 PM

86,093 posts, read 70,269,098 times
Just remember...not all promises are kept, especially by politicians looking for YOUR vote.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:59 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,822,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Just remember...not all promises are kept, especially by politicians looking for YOUR vote.
Of course not but I think Romney's policies would be a lot less favorable to illegal aliens than those of Obama and most, if not all, of the other GOP candidates.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 01-01-2012 at 05:44 PM..

Old 01-01-2012, 05:12 PM

3,867 posts, read 3,181,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
You missed the bit about armed forces service providing a path?

So we are just going to make it tough on the smart ones who could go to college and make a contribution?

We are going no where except to more illegal aliens. Because no one is willing to even try and fix it.
Not yet, but that time is near.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:35 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,189,169 times
We don't need immigration law breakers serving in our military with some kind of promise for our precious citizenship. They have already proven they aren't trustworthy and for the most part hold no allegience or loyalty to this country. Unless the laws are changed, illegals can't serve in our military anyway.

I'd sure like a viable answer as to how granting yet another amnesty prevents more illegals from entering our country. In fact it has proven it has the opposite affect.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:53 PM

387 posts, read 271,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We don't need immigration law breakers serving in our military with some kind of promise for our precious citizenship. They have already proven they aren't trustworthy and for the most part hold no allegience or loyalty to this country. Unless the laws are changed, illegals can't serve in our military anyway.

I'd sure like a viable answer as to how granting yet another amnesty prevents more illegals from entering our country. In fact it has proven it has the opposite affect.
So you are not voting for illegal lover Romney?

Old 01-01-2012, 06:09 PM

18,185 posts, read 17,334,376 times
I'm an Obama voter but I'm very encouraged by what Romney is saying. When he was gov. of Mass. he got rid of a criminal who was president of our university system just because it was the right thing to do. (as far as I know, that's why he did it.)

I think he may be against illegals on for the same reason--that's it's just plain WRONG. He seems to be a man of principle. I don't quite get the part about serving in the military makes you eligible to become a citizen or permanent resident though. In general he seems to have the right idea -- e-verify for the employers and make the illegals wait in line AFTER the legals. Or better still, just LEAVE since you are not even here legally.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:31 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,430,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

I am so in agreement with you. Every time I go over to that board I get sick to my stomach. They are so corrupt, selfish and delusional it's breathtaking. When you're raised by criminal parents it's pretty much a given that the apple won't fall far from the tree.

Quote:
i remember reading a thread in this site where someone applied to Canada and he believe that he was rejected because he flat out came out honest about his overstay in his application.

if i were you, i would lie and say that i did not overstay. there is literally no way that they would do a background check on you. Immigration center is not FBI and they don't have the right to check your personal information in other country (probably don't have the time to do so either).
getting other visas - DREAM Act Portal Forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or