Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 04:15 PM

70 posts, read 125,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
Illegals have ALWAYS been in this country, for hundreds of years they've been building our nation's roads and highways, picking our fruits and vegetables, working in our kitchens, watching our kids, picking up our trash, landscaping Mitt Romney's mansions, etc...Illegal immigration is nothing new, and those 12-17 million are here to stay. Tough. Thats the price we pay for being the top dog. Now quit your whining, or else move to the border and start building a wall. Without illegals, it will take you a good 50-60 years. lol
Oh really, well, tell that to my forebearers who were sharecroppers in the South at the turn of the 20th century. They picked cotton like everyone else. They were poor, tired, hungry, and AMERICAN CITIZENS.

I am so sick of these bleeding heart liberals who are destroying our country and our way of life with their defense of CRIMINALS. Do you not understand the word 'illegal?' That means, it's against the law.

My stepfather worked honestly, obeyed the law, and paid taxes for nearly 40 years. Yet, you'd rather defend CRIMINALS. According to you, they are the only ones entitled to health care when they are sick.

You know what, I'm finished with this discussion. I wish we could deport these liberals along with all the illegals. Let them go live in Mexico since they "hate America first."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 04:21 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,003 times
Bleeding heart liberals, huh?
I don't think so. Companies benefit from this cheap labor and make $$$$$$$$ of them. Go to the eastern shore of MD and look at the illegals there, who is benefiting, it's companies like Perdue etc. What is the Bush administration doing to keep illegals out? Nothing - except paying lip-service.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:21 PM

549 posts, read 625,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobezee1 View Post
Oh really, well, tell that to my forebearers who were sharecroppers in the South at the turn of the 20th century. They picked cotton like everyone else. They were poor, tired, hungry, and AMERICAN CITIZENS.

I am so sick of these bleeding heart liberals who are destroying our country and our way of life with their defense of CRIMINALS. Do you not understand the word 'illegal?' That means, it's against the law.

My stepfather worked honestly, obeyed the law, and paid taxes for nearly 40 years. Yet, you'd rather defend CRIMINALS. According to you, they are the only ones entitled to health care when they are sick.

You know what, I'm finished with this discussion. I wish we could deport these liberals along with all the illegals. Let them go live in Mexico since they "hate America first."

Deport the illegals? But then who would mow Mitt Romney's grass? Its just soooooooo unfair. lol

Old 08-31-2007, 04:25 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,542,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
Illegals have ALWAYS been in this country, for hundreds of years they've been building our nation's roads and highways, picking our fruits and vegetables, working in our kitchens, watching our kids, picking up our trash, landscaping Mitt Romney's mansions, etc...Illegal immigration is nothing new, and those 12-17 million are here to stay. Tough. Thats the price we pay for being the top dog. Now quit your whining, or else move to the border and start building a wall. Without illegals, it will take you a good 50-60 years. lol
What about all the AMERICAN CITIZENS that would love to be building roads and highways, picking fruits and vegetables, working in kitchens, watching kids, picking up trash, and landscaping (anyone's) mansion but can't find jobs because the illegals are doing them for lower, tax free wages. I don't want to hear the "these are the jobs Americans won't do b.s." Why don't we let the American people decide for themselves what jobs they want and don't want because when the illegals are doing them, the Americans don't get the choice.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:28 PM

But see, that's it...the "lower tax free wages", those that are the employers would rather have illegals doing it cheap and tax free, than paying legals a decent wage.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:30 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
Oh here we go with the same endless excuse. Who will cut the grass, who will pick the crops. Give me a break.

Give good reasons why they should be here or should be entitled to suck off the taxpayers of this country.

There is no reasons!!!!!!!

Old 08-31-2007, 04:31 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Hypothetically speaking, if the illegals already here in the US were to be made "legal" through some form of legislation, would that not defeat the purpose of their presence in the US now? If I were an illegal demanding my rights - guess what? The first thing I'd do if I were "made legal" is start demanding and earning legal wages. Then who will 'pick the tomatoes and mow the lawns' for dirt wages?

Old 08-31-2007, 04:32 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,542,368 times
And that is exactly the problem. Both the liberals AND the conservatives have their agenda's for wanting illegals here, and we the American people pay the price.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Oh here we go with the same endless excuse. Who will cut the grass, who will pick the crops. Give me a break.

Give good reasons why they should be here or should be entitled to suck off the taxpayers of this country.

There is no reasons!!!!!!!

I have said it before. It's the companies and Corporations that benefit. I am all for letting only legal immigrants in, but it won't happen.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:44 PM

70 posts, read 125,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Hypothetically speaking, if the illegals already here in the US were to be made "legal" through some form of legislation, would that not defeat the purpose of their presence in the US now? If I were an illegal demanding my rights - guess what? The first thing I'd do if I were "made legal" is start demanding and earning legal wages. Then who will 'pick the tomatoes and mow the lawns' for dirt wages?
Excuse me, what rights would that be? This is disgusting.

Last year in Dallas, there was a huge illegal rally on (you guessed it, MayDay, i.e. the day of the communists.) They held not American flags, but Mexican flags. Yes, they marched the streets of downtown Dallas with their Mexican flags held high. I'm sorry. No, actually, you know what, I'm not sorry. This is not Mexico, this is America. You don't march our streets under the banner of a failed nation. If you want to be American citizens, march under the American flag. How dare you DEMAND your "rights" while marching under the flag of a foriegn country!

I don't know about other parts of the country, but here, in Texas, these people are taking over. Many parts of Dallas resemble the Third World nowadays. They not only drive illegally, but many of them drive drunk and have killed many people here. It's in the news everyday. We can't deport them. We send them to prison, sure. Another taxpayer expense. House and feed them in prison for their cirmes first, then deport them. I'm sick of it, and so are many others. People in the bleeding heart sections of the country may not understand this.

Would you please try to comprehend, ladies and gentlemen, that your country is indeed under attack, not necessarily from Islamic fundamentalist (though I admit that is a threat), but from south of the border. California and Texas are both already pluralistic states. They're coming for you next. They're coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration