U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-31-2007, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Far North Dallas
70 posts, read 95,864 times
Reputation: 40

Advertisements

I posted this in the Texas forum, but I wanted the whole country to see what's going on down here, and maybe in your neck of the woods too.

I just wanted to let you folks know what is going on in this city and why so many Dallasites, Texans, and Americans want all of these illegals out of here.

My stepfather has COPD and emphysema. He can barely breathe and due to this fact, can no longer work. He can't even take the trash to the curb without nearly fainting.

Two weeks ago, I took him to Parkland (the only public hospital in Dallas) to see a doctor. We waited all day and never saw one. Only a physician's assistant, whatever that is. Nothing but illegals in there that time. They didn't admit him (although they admitted plenty of these illegals who spoke absolutely no English so they could deliver their "anchor babies." I was informed that in order for my stepfather to get a health card, I needed the form stating that he was denied unemployment benefits.

Went back today with him and the paperwork. Again, nothing but non-English speaking people enrolling their "anchor babies" in the CHIPs (Children's Health Insurance Program provided by the state). This time, I was told that he had to go down to the Texas Workforce Commission and apply for a job. I told them that he was disabled and we needed a doctor to certify this. Was told, couldn't see a doctor to certify disability w/o going to TWC to apply for a job. Now, does that make sense to you? This woman actually told me to take him down to the Salvation Army (which in Dallas is a VERY dangerous place), have him spend the night, and get a letter from them to declare him homeless. Unbelieveable.

I am fed up! I've had it up to here with the county and the federal gov't refusing to address this situation. It is a disgrace when all these illegals can come here, have their "anchor babies," crowd the only public hospital in Dallas county, and drain our resources, BUT A UNITED STATES CITIZEN who has worked hard all his life, paid his taxes, and obeyed the law is DENIED any kind of help.

I told my stepfather that, even if I acquired all of the necessary papers that they requested of me this time, if we went back, they would find something else for me to dig up. It reminded me of the John Grishom book "The Rainmaker" where the claims rep said that it was policy to deny all claims for a year in the hopes that the policyholder would just give up and go away, which most of them did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-31-2007, 03:01 PM
 
Location: Chicago's burbs
1,013 posts, read 4,067,174 times
Reputation: 905
The town I grew up in, which has a very high (illegal) Mexican population, used to have 2 hospitals. Both went out of business. Gee, I wonder why???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2007, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Arlington VA
550 posts, read 502,394 times
Reputation: 603
your step-dad sounds lazy. Why doesn't he have a job instead of looking for a government handout? I know plenty of people with emphysema that have jobs. At least illegals work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2007, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Far North Dallas
70 posts, read 95,864 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
your step-dad sounds lazy. Why doesn't he have a job instead of looking for a government handout? I know plenty of people with emphysema that have jobs. At least illegals work.
Okay, maybe I forgot to inform you of the other problem. The man has also had serious lapses in memory as of late. So severe, that myself and many in my family have come to the conclusion that he may have suffered a stroke and doesn't know it. There is, of course, no way that we could know, because we would have to see a neurologist, whose consultation fee is $400. If a CAT scan, or MRI is required, that goes up to $3500.

I'm not looking for a government handout. I'm one of the most conservative individuals you will ever encounter. We have paid taxes all our lives, only to see illegals benefit from it. When a U.S. citizen needs help, you're outta luck.

Tell me, sir, how is someone who can't remember what was said to them five minutes ago, asked the sames questions that were just answered for them ten minutes ago, can't walk to the curb without fainting supposed to work. The man worked for almost 40 years. You've got a lot of NERVE typing this in here, as if you know me or my family. HOW DARE YOU imply that we are lazy. You don't know me. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE. I would hope that should any misfortune like this befall you or your family, I would have just a little more respect than you have shown here today. SELFISH.

When you get out of the fantasy world that is American University and face the "real world" then you can come back and continue this discussion. Nothing but an East Coast egghead, to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2007, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
149 posts, read 479,299 times
Reputation: 122
Your father-in-law was eventually seen, recommendations were made as to how to receive benefits. You decided it was too much work to follow the rules.

And I quote: "I told my stepfather that, even if I acquired all of the necessary papers that they requested of me this time, if we went back, they would find something else for me to dig up."

Sounds like the problem we have with the illegals. You simply don't want to work within the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2007, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Arlington VA
550 posts, read 502,394 times
Reputation: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobezee1 View Post
Okay, maybe I forgot to inform you of the other problem. The man has also had serious lapses in memory as of late. So severe, that myself and many in my family have come to the conclusion that he may have suffered a stroke and doesn't know it. There is, of course, no way that we could know, because we would have to see a neurologist, whose consultation fee is $400. If a CAT scan, or MRI is required, that goes up to $3500.

I'm not looking for a government handout. I'm one of the most conservative individuals you will ever encounter. We have paid taxes all our lives, only to see illegals benefit from it. When a U.S. citizen needs help, you're outta luck.

Tell me, sir, how is someone who can't remember what was said to them five minutes ago, asked the sames questions that were just answered for them ten minutes ago, can't walk to the curb without fainting supposed to work. The man worked for almost 40 years. You've got a lot of NERVE typing this in here, as if you know me or my family. HOW DARE YOU imply that we are lazy. You don't know me. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE. I would hope that should any misfortune like this befall you or your family, I would have just a little more respect than you have shown here today. SELFISH.

When you get out of the fantasy world that is American University and face the "real world" then you can come back and continue this discussion. Nothing but an East Coast egghead, to say the least.

Illegals have ALWAYS been in this country, for hundreds of years they've been building our nation's roads and highways, picking our fruits and vegetables, working in our kitchens, watching our kids, picking up our trash, landscaping Mitt Romney's mansions, etc...Illegal immigration is nothing new, and those 12-17 million are here to stay. Tough. Thats the price we pay for being the top dog. Now quit your whining, or else move to the border and start building a wall. Without illegals, it will take you a good 10-15 years. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2007, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Arlington VA
550 posts, read 502,394 times
Reputation: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobezee1 View Post
Okay, maybe I forgot to inform you of the other problem. The man has also had serious lapses in memory as of late. So severe, that myself and many in my family have come to the conclusion that he may have suffered a stroke and doesn't know it. There is, of course, no way that we could know, because we would have to see a neurologist, whose consultation fee is $400. If a CAT scan, or MRI is required, that goes up to $3500.

I'm not looking for a government handout. I'm one of the most conservative individuals you will ever encounter. We have paid taxes all our lives, only to see illegals benefit from it. When a U.S. citizen needs help, you're outta luck.

Tell me, sir, how is someone who can't remember what was said to them five minutes ago, asked the sames questions that were just answered for them ten minutes ago, can't walk to the curb without fainting supposed to work. The man worked for almost 40 years. You've got a lot of NERVE typing this in here, as if you know me or my family. HOW DARE YOU imply that we are lazy. You don't know me. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE. I would hope that should any misfortune like this befall you or your family, I would have just a little more respect than you have shown here today. SELFISH.

When you get out of the fantasy world that is American University and face the "real world" then you can come back and continue this discussion. Nothing but an East Coast egghead, to say the least.

Illegals have ALWAYS been in this country, for hundreds of years they've been building our nation's roads and highways, picking our fruits and vegetables, working in our kitchens, watching our kids, picking up our trash, landscaping Mitt Romney's mansions, etc...Illegal immigration is nothing new, and those 12-17 million are here to stay. Tough. Thats the price we pay for being the top dog. Now quit your whining, or else move to the border and start building a wall. Without illegals, it will take you a good 50-60 years. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2007, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Chicago's burbs
1,013 posts, read 4,067,174 times
Reputation: 905
Personally, I don't know why everyone is ripping on jobezee1 so much. If anyone is going to collect government aid, I would rather see it go to an American citizen than illegal aliens who snuck over our borders. True, illegals have always been in the country but there is no denying that the problem has gotten much worse in recent years. We can't have millions of illegals flooding our borders, taking our jobs, and using our government services without it negatively affecting our economy and our people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2007, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Midwest
6,739 posts, read 8,550,928 times
Reputation: 16512
Shouldn't the Legal Citizens of this country be taking care of first and foremost? Why are the illegals getting special treatment. I don't care if the man is lazy or not - He has health issues.

Why am I forced to pay for these illegals who can't pay their bills. Remember they aren't suppose to be here. Why are tax-payers being bled to death for these anchor babies that are being born left and right????


Why must some always defend this criminals to no end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2007, 05:11 PM
 
Location: In an illegal immigrant free part of the country.
2,087 posts, read 1,056,475 times
Reputation: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Shouldn't the Legal Citizens of this country be taking care of first and foremost? Why are the illegals getting special treatment. I don't care if the man is lazy or not - He has health issues.

Why am I forced to pay for these illegals who can't pay their bills. Remember they aren't suppose to be here. Why are tax-payers being bled to death for these anchor babies that are being born left and right????


Why must some always defend this criminals to no end.

Becuase the see them as potential voters, Democratic voters. Same reason they want felons to be able to vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top