U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 12:04 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Of course not. Should never have allowed the existing set of illegals in.

But that of course is the problem. They are in. And what do we propose to do about it?

Nope - can't deport them. Lack the will and the means.
YOU lack the will and means. WE don't. They've left before. Stop giving them amnesty and other bennies and they will leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 02:03 PM

387 posts, read 270,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
YOU lack the will and means. WE don't. They've left before. Stop giving them amnesty and other bennies and they will leave.
60% of us prefer an approach with a path to citizenship...that is the we.

You are less than 40%.

And that is before the bill is disclosed.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:05 PM

387 posts, read 270,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
How is there a lack of will when Obama has deported more in the past 3 years than Bush did in 8? That would also apply to the means, would it not? You may be confusing your claims with not having the infrastructure to go larger in both deporting and holding, what is needed is more man power.
Source?

The present Obama deportation levels are sufficient to hold or slightly shrink the total illegals at the present state of the economy.

In a more normal economy that level would not match the influx.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:07 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
Source?
Take your pick: obama deports more than bush - Google Search

Quote:
The present Obama deportation levels are sufficient to hold or slightly shrink the total illegals at the present state of the economy.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ion-declining/

Quote:
In a more normal economy that level would not match the influx.
More speculation, future immigration can not be held to the standard of the past. Economies from sending countries are greatly improving, thus, future wise, we would see far fewer if any illegal aliens.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:00 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,936,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
So I suppose that you are saying that anyone in need of emergency care, especially illegals, should simply be allowed to die on the street.
Well, the article is saying that many are getting free room and board in our hospitals, yanking up the medical bill for the rest of us. They should be shipped back to Mexico. Let their government take care of their problems. We have enough of our own.

They should have planned for this contingency when they decided to come here, no?

Old 01-07-2012, 12:25 AM

12,765 posts, read 12,744,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Well, the article is saying that many are getting free room and board in our hospitals, yanking up the medical bill for the rest of us. They should be shipped back to Mexico. Let their government take care of their problems. We have enough of our own.

They should have planned for this contingency when they decided to come here, no?
I honestly have never been more disgusted with my fellow countrymen than coming to this forum and seeing what utter callous, selfish, inhuman people exist here. When people talk here, I'm reminded of the immortal words of Ebenezer Scrooge, who suggested that the poor would be better off dead, if only to reduce the population. At least he's fictional and has a change of heart at the end. I see no such outcome here.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:41 AM

12,826 posts, read 10,199,673 times
That may be true, but they also save American citizens millions that they would have to pay if the goods and services that those Mexicans provide were to be performed by American employees who required real wages.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:11 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
That may be true, but they also save American citizens millions that they would have to pay if the goods and services that those Mexicans provide were to be performed by American employees who required real wages.
Wrong! That is just pro-illegal propaganda. Please read my remarks under that other topic where you were spewing this same nonsense.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:44 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I honestly have never been more disgusted with my fellow countrymen than coming to this forum and seeing what utter callous, selfish, inhuman people exist here. When people talk here, I'm reminded of the immortal words of Ebenezer Scrooge, who suggested that the poor would be better off dead, if only to reduce the population. At least he's fictional and has a change of heart at the end. I see no such outcome here.
Maybe you should realize that your morals are yours not everybody elses, you are not the second coming of Jesus, oh, holly'er than thou.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:50 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Quote:
60% of us prefer an approach with a path to citizenship...that is the we.

You are less than 40%.

And that is before the bill is disclosed.
You got stats to back that up ?
I don't think that is the case..the majority are against amnesty and that is why Congress and the President won't even broach the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or