U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2012, 11:31 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It's like a ruse - a show trial -giving the public the impression that there is law and order - YET millions of illegals are not bothered - It reminds me of sending a rich executive to jail for fraud...in the hope of making people believe that there is justice for all - rich and poor - meanwhile you jail one white collar crimminal and another 10 thousand go free...I believe that the deportion of this kid was similar to the jailing and holding of Omar Khdar...it's all about political show - apparently it back fire d this time.
The girl was held in Houston by the Houston PD for 6 weeks for shoplifting charges, after which she was placed on an ICE detainer, went in front of the IJ and Colombian Consulate, prior to being removed.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:31 PM

27,456 posts, read 44,947,050 times
she had ample opportunity to notify people of her true identity and cause a halt before she was deported
she had ample opportunity and FREEDOM to contract any of her family after she was in Columbia--a govt repatriation agency found her a job and helped with an apt--
is there anyone who believes that Columbia unlike any other country on this planet lacks Internet cafes where she could have rented a computer for 20 min and sent an email to her grandmother IF SHE WANTED TO BE FOUND...
she was POSTING on FACEBOOK when her grandmother discovered where she was--

this girl is a player--she bears most of responsibility for this storm of animosity around her

Old 01-09-2012, 07:38 PM

387 posts, read 270,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Who cares what he "says". Do I need to provide an immigration Law Professor that says the opposite? How about an Immigration Judge?

The Houston Police Department had her in jail for 6 weeks, if there was a missing persons report out there, don't you think they would have found it when they ran her photo and fingerprints through the system? Remember, this isn't at ICE or DHS yet, it's still in the local PD and it's system. 6 weeks is a long time for a positive match to be able to show up, and yet never did.
YOu have a definitive source that there was no missing person report in the Houston System?

It is clear that the gal spoke limited if any Spanish. She had a story that explained how she got to be 21 and never learned it?

Non Feasance...a yard wide. I am actually curious why the system is being defended by the normal system haters. Obama, who deports more than any other recent President is terrible to the antis. The same system that everyone throws rocks at for it deportations is now great for blowing one.

Sheesh

Old 01-09-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
YOu have a definitive source that there was no missing person report in the Houston System?

It is clear that the gal spoke limited if any Spanish. She had a story that explained how she got to be 21 and never learned it?

Non Feasance...a yard wide. I am actually curious why the system is being defended by the normal system haters. Obama, who deports more than any other recent President is terrible to the antis. The same system that everyone throws rocks at for it deportations is now great for blowing one.

Sheesh
If there was a report in the Houston system, don't you think they would have put her with it?

According to her own family she simply wasn't fluent in Spanish, she could speak it and understand it.

Nonfeasance? Hardly!! loves2read puts it in plain english.

Never claimed the system to be anything other than what it is, rocks have been thrown mostly by sympathizers as I stated prior. Most "anti's" want higher deportation rates to include any and all illegals caught or found. This particular instance was of the girls own doing, not that of the system.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
If there was a report in the Houston system, don't you think they would have put her with it?
No they are incompetent. I have seen no indication there was not one and the standard would be the family would report a missing 14 year old. And the cops would file it and never look again.

Quote:
According to her own family she simply wasn't fluent in Spanish, she could speak it and understand it.
You can't tell a non native non fluent English speaker in less than a minute? I can. This lack of language had to be explained and appears not to have been.

Quote:
Nonfeasance? Hardly!! loves2read puts it in plain english.

Never claimed the system to be anything other than what it is, rocks have been thrown mostly by sympathizers as I stated prior. Most "anti's" want higher deportation rates to include any and all illegals caught or found. This particular instance was of the girls own doing, not that of the system.
Fine. All you got to do is pay for it. For four or five billion and a couple of years you could double the deportation rate. Go for it.

Otherwise let us throw out the worst ones. And leave the innocuous alone.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
No they are incompetent. I have seen no indication there was not one and the standard would be the family would report a missing 14 year old. And the cops would file it and never look again.

You can't tell a non native non fluent English speaker in less than a minute? I can. This lack of language had to be explained and appears not to have been.

Fine. All you got to do is pay for it. For four or five billion and a couple of years you could double the deportation rate. Go for it.

Otherwise let us throw out the worst ones. And leave the innocuous alone.
Most PD's have a wall with missing and runaway children on it in plain sight of all officers, you would think if their was one that it would be on that wall.

Don't the sympathizers say that if one is brought here young they lose most cultural identity, ie they use their language less and less, they are basically Americans... in fact I think I remember you claiming that from prior discussions, especially those about Florida and the college issue. So you can magically profile and get it correct each and every time, you should join the fair/circus.

The money has already been allocated for it, don't need to come up with more quite yet.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Most PD's have a wall with missing and runaway children on it in plain sight of all officers, you would think if their was one that it would be on that wall.

Don't the sympathizers say that if one is brought here young they lose most cultural identity, ie they use their language less and less, they are basically Americans... in fact I think I remember you claiming that from prior discussions, especially those about Florida and the college issue. So you can magically profile and get it correct each and every time, you should join the fair/circus.

The money has already been allocated for it, don't need to come up with more quite yet.
If she claimed to have come here young it would be a piece of cake. What high school? when? What grade school? When? Where did you live? Who with?

So obviously that could not have been the story.

No money. You need four or five billion.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
If she claimed to have come here young it would be a piece of cake. What high school? when? What grade school? When? Where did you live? Who with?

So obviously that could not have been the story.

No money. You need four or five billion.
You need to go and read as many articles about this as you can, as pointed out by everyone here, she was on facebook bragging about her exploits. She wrote she wanted to go to Colombia prior to being arrested, you are arguing with very limited information thinking that is all there is.

Why would there be an inquiry into someone that has admitted to being here illegally? Are you suggesting that illegals don't speak english? or that foreigners can't be fluent in english? There's a portion of Colombians that speak Islander Creole English, she would appear to fit into that category. She signed the deportation waiver after the IJ and chose to leave of her own volition, it was a free trip for her to get away, start anew.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
You need to go and read as many articles about this as you can, as pointed out by everyone here, she was on facebook bragging about her exploits. She wrote she wanted to go to Colombia prior to being arrested, you are arguing with very limited information thinking that is all there is.

Why would there be an inquiry into someone that has admitted to being here illegally? Are you suggesting that illegals don't speak english? or that foreigners can't be fluent in english? There's a portion of Colombians that speak Islander Creole English, she would appear to fit into that category. She signed the deportation waiver after the IJ and chose to leave of her own volition, it was a free trip for her to get away, start anew.
The young lady swears to an obvious teenage fantasy. And inspite of vast and obvious holes in her story the authorities here, in Houston, in ICE in Columbian consulate, let it slip through.

She was not of majority. Could sign nothing legally. If she had taken out a bank loan it would have been null and void on her signature alone.

And actually I am arguing the normal..the common sense...the rational.

You apparently deny that framework.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
The young lady swears to an obvious teenage fantasy. And inspite of vast and obvious holes in her story the authorities here, in Houston, in ICE in Columbian consulate, let it slip through.

She was not of majority. Could sign nothing legally. If she had taken out a bank loan it would have been null and void on her signature alone.

You apparently deny that framework.
To obtain that loan she would have had to provide ID (21 YO ID as she had - bank is not to determine the validity of said document even though it would be in their best interest to do so) and a credit line of sorts, i.e. job (she worked in a night club and had paycheck stubs), CC, bank account. A bank loan could be nullified (depending on bank rules and State statutes) once she was shown to be a minor, there is no guarantee the bank would then nullify the loan as somebody would have to pay back what she already got, usually the parents or guardians would be held accountable. So, do we now hold her parents accountable for her actions instead of her?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration