U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 12:52 AM

26,487 posts, read 24,224,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTINsf View Post
LMFAO!

I'm sorry but am I supposed to feel some sort of sympathy for this little girl?

Give your correct name and you won't be deported. So simple! She's 15 years old, not a goddamn toddler. At that age you should know right from wrong and have some idea on how to carry yourself as a young adult.
But she is not an adult. She's 15.

Quote:
Anyways...It doesn't sound like she was ever headed in the right direction of her life in the first place. She's now pregnant! What's next - welfare and a housing project for her??
So, what? You're suggesting that we make her life even worse? She's 15 and already you're writing her off as a lost cause. That's pathetic.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 01-06-2012 at 01:03 AM..

Old 01-06-2012, 12:58 AM

37,072 posts, read 38,285,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The point is we should get it right. This country should never mistakenly deport an American citizen. Period. Nothing else needs to be said.

According to ICE she at no point came forward to rectify what she had already told authorities.

Quote:
An Immigration and Customs Enforcement official told The Associated Press on Thursday that the teen claimed to be Cortez throughout the criminal proceedings in Houston and the ensuing deportation process in which an immigration judge ultimately ordered her back to Colombia.
She is young however at the age of fifteen she must have enough intelligence to realize the consequences of her actions especially if she was living on the streets by herself for a year. At some point in time people are responsible for their own actions or in this case inaction.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
At some point in time people are responsible for their own actions or in this case inaction.
Yes. It's called adulthood, which doesn't happen until you're 18 years old.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:02 AM

11,961 posts, read 12,433,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
She's a 15-year-old. They do idiotic things.

I would expect more from the adults who made the decision to send her to Colombia, though.
Texas couldn't possibly find the money for food stamps, but they have plenty to send the kid and Dallas PD on excursions to Columbia. The more I hear about Texas these days, the more I'm grateful Ann Richards isn't alive to see the cesspool they've made of it.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:06 AM

37,072 posts, read 38,285,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes. It's called adulthood, which doesn't happen until you're 18 years old.
That's the legal definition in the US but most kids at the age of 15 unless they have a severe learning deficiency should be responsible enough to be able to prevent themselves from being deported.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:07 AM

17,414 posts, read 18,279,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
So, what? You're suggesting that we make her life even worse? She's 15 and already you're writing her off as a lost cause. That's pathetic.
OK, let me go ahead and state the obvious...these individuals don't care because she is a 15 year old Black girl....if she were a 15 year old blonde Caucasian girl (think Natalee Holloway) there would be a full scale uproar on the usual cable news shows (Nancy Grace et al) demanding answers and accountability.

These same people calling this CHILD a "lost cause" and making the assumption that she is headed for "welfare" and "the projects" think this way about Black Americans in general. This CHILD's life means NOTHING to these people.

Regarding the girl being deported, it actually sounds like she was "allowed" to be transported as a part of the global child sex trade. I would not be surprised if there are people on both sides of the border who funnel girls to various countries for the purpose of sex trafficking.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:09 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
if u r an american teen u cant be deported to colombia-- only a colombian teen could be deported.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:10 AM

Quote:
That's the legal definition in the US but most kids at the age of 15 unless they have a severe learning deficiency should be responsible enough to be able to prevent themselves from being deported.
The law is the law. If you're 15, you are not an adult. Her parents and the authorities are responsible for her well-being.

I bet if she had chosen to have sex with one of the officers, the same people calling her an adult would be screaming, "Child rape! Child rape!".

Old 01-06-2012, 01:15 AM

3,049 posts, read 2,379,511 times
Have said many times so called birth citizens are deported. Natural born citizens are not. If Obama was residing with his father in 1964..he would have been deported with his father.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:17 AM

15,088 posts, read 16,935,776 times
Quote:
I'm wondering if at any time during the deportation proceedings, transit, and entry into Columbia did she ever challenge what was happening to her. Because if she didn't, then she must be exceedingly dumb -or- she knew exactly what was happening and decided to keep riding the train to see where it would take her.

[maybe she is not so stupid after all...]

EDIT: after reading the second article from The Washington Post I'm inclined to say she knew what she was doing.

[maybe she has psychological issues]

Last edited by MIKEETC; 01-06-2012 at 01:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration