Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 09:11 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I said I would not elaborate on my suspicions and I have my reasons for that. Why not just say that you aren't an illegal alien sympathizer/advocate then and just put my suspicions to rest? Hopefully you will be truthful about it also.
I care neither about your suspicions nor the issue in general. Means nothing to me.

Quote:
DHS "is" near flawless and high functioning when it comes to these types of identity issues. I guess according to you if they make one mistake out of millions they are a failure?
If it messes up one human life, than yes. We have evidence that it does.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:31 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I care neither about your suspicions nor the issue in general. Means nothing to me.
and yet you started an entire thread on it.

Quote:
We have evidence the girl lied convincingly, she fooled an immigration judge.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
I started a thread about how an American girl was mistakenly sent to Colombia. What does that have to do with illegal immigration? I didn't even put this thread in the Illegal Immigration forum, and I don't think it belongs here now.

Quote:

If a 15-year-old non-Spanish-speaking girl can convincingly tell an immigration judge AND ICE that she's a Colombian illegal alien, that judge is lacking competence.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:01 AM

387 posts, read 591,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post

Immigration deportation hearings are a bunch of joke, Immigration judge goes by what paperwork is presented by ICE against an alien An alien don't even have a right for a govt attorney unless some pro bono atty helps him/her
or an alien pays for his own attorney The court probably issues hundreds of deportation orders in a day

Old 01-06-2012, 10:05 AM

IMO both ICE and Colombian consulate are to blame Colombian consulate shouldn't have issued a travel document without verifying she is really a Colombian Citizen It would have been easy to do that by asking her to give her family information in Colombia
Now both ICE and Colombian Consulate will blame one another about this fiasco

Old 01-06-2012, 10:08 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,937,961 times
Quote:
I started a thread about how an American girl was mistakenly sent to Colombia. What does that have to do with illegal immigration? I didn't even put this thread in the Illegal Immigration forum, and I don't think it belongs here now.

If a 15-year-old non-Spanish-speaking girl can convincingly tell an immigration judge AND ICE that she's a Colombian illegal alien, that judge is lacking competence.
First, how do you know she doesn't speak Spanish? She apparently conversed well enough with the people in Colombia.

Second, this is turning the legitimate argument on it's ear. She claimed to be an illegal alien, so we deported her. I have no problem with that, other than that we paid for her trip. Don't you think it would be a bigger problem to keep self admitted illegals here if they couldn't prove their illegal status?

Old 01-06-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Fail. Some Latinas are actually black so no red flags would've gone up. This kid is only part black anyway. If that 15 yo girl was a blue eyed blonde, THAT would have raised some suspicions since most people in Columbia are dark.
There are lots of Blondes in Colombia at least I have come across several of them in NYC as well as in Colombia

Old 01-06-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
Immigration deportation hearings are a bunch of joke, Immigration judge goes by what paperwork is presented by ICE against an alien An alien don't even have a right for a govt attorney unless some pro bono atty helps him/her
or an alien pays for his own attorney The court probably issues hundreds of deportation orders in a day
ICE didn't accuse her of being an illegal alien. SHE CLAIMED to be, according to what we have seen. This is no one's fault but HERS. She got what she wanted; a free trip to Colombia. The only crime is that we (the American people) were duped into paying for it. She could have, at any time during the criminal trial or deportation hearing, stood up & said, "Wait, I'm really an American citizen named....." She chose to NOT do that.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:

SHE messed up her life. No one else did. She made the claim that she was Colombian.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:20 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
So everyone involved in the proceedings was 'in' on this? That's a lot of people.

[and who cares what race or ethnicity she is?]

Your right i don't think this matters the color of this girl's skin. Obviously this could have been any teenager lying and doing the same thing.

Getting away it seems from something or someone. Lying even if this were a white blond girl, would be how different. I hear about people missing in Columbia all the time, on that one tv show. Some do not come back that easily.

I think this case, needs more looking into, more here then meets the eye.

However for what ever reasoning she used and lied, she surely got her free trip. My question is, shouldn't things of this nature, be looked into a lot better, someone let something slip here.

Last edited by california-jewel; 01-06-2012 at 10:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration