Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2012, 10:41 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,835,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
They can be in some instances. If someone had been murdered, she'd be charged as an adult and/or her parents would held responsible. Either way, rumor has it...that the family is filing a law suit against the US government. Unbelievable.
If she had involvement in someone being murdered, there would be a possibility of being charged as an adult, depending greatly on the circumstances...

Old 01-07-2012, 10:46 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,995,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
If she had involvement in someone being murdered, there would be a possibility of being charged as an adult, depending greatly on the circumstances...
She had "involvement" in illegally immigrating to Colombia lol. So there should be a "possibility" that she wll be held with the costs. If not her, then her parents should have the bill forwarded to them or, they dshould just hold the bill until she becomes of age to be held accountable. Either way, I don't think she should be victimized here, nor should she be able to walk away from the consequences of her actions.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:48 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,289,862 times
Quote:
They can be in some instances. If someone had been murdered, she'd be charged as an adult and/or her parents would held responsible. Either way, rumor has it...that the family is filing a law suit against the US government. Unbelievable.
Also, even if she can't be held accountable because of her age in the eyes of the law she certainly should be held accountable by her fellow citizens morally instead of playing her as the victim in all of this and demonizing ICE.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:51 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Wow. So we shouldn't care if Americans get deported. Okay.
Why is it any of our business? She wanted to go to Colombia, she wanted to be deported there so she got herself deported to Colombia. You'd have to ask her why -- but who are you to say she can't want something?

15 year olds have run away from home throughout thousands of years. Some happen to be a little more creative, some get further from home than others. Kids used to runaway to join the circus - and who got sued then? And is this family suing the dance club that hired her to work as a 14 year old exotic dancer? She must have lied about her age then and even sleazebag club owners didn't know she lied.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:42 PM

387 posts, read 336,626 times
Quote:
She had "involvement" in illegally immigrating to Colombia lol. So there should be a "possibility" that she wll be held with the costs. If not her, then her parents should have the bill forwarded to them or, they dshould just hold the bill until she becomes of age to be held accountable. Either way, I don't think she should be victimized here, nor should she be able to walk away from the consequences of her actions.
She did not immigrate. She was deported by a US court. That is the might of the US was used to force her to go to Columbia. Columbia accepted her which was really pretty dumb...but the US forced her out.

A minor has no ability to commit herself to a phoney id. Everyone involved should have picked it up. Simply nonfeasance.

She may well need a tour in juvi to get her head straight. And they better do something quick as she is headed for trouble and good at it.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:57 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,005,543 times
Quote:
I don't see where ICE dropped the ball on this. She's a runaway who identified herself with a name of an illegal immigrant who has warrants out for her arrest. Throughout the entire process she had the opportunity to come clean and up until the very end the woman claimed that she was originally from Colombia. They ran her prints and because nothing came back due to her age...they had no reason NOT to believe that she wasn't who she claimed to be.

Not only should they have kept her there...they should have made her pay for the plane ticket to get there.

I dont blame ICE one bit on this. I mean if she deliberatel lies over and over again about who she is and where she's from, I just do not see what authorities are suppose to do about it.
Hey, I'm a Nigerian prince and if you send me $1,000 dollars now, you can make 10x that back.

Since you believe that the word of someone alone should count as more important than verifying facts, I'll expect that $1,000 any day.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
It doesn't matter what she is if she claimed something else and had identity to prove the something else. Since she was working in Houston at a night club she had to have some sort of ID showing her age and name. If this is enough to get a job, is it not enough to prove that she is who she claims on her ID?

Illegal aliens have very few if any "rights", she forfeited those rights when she waived them in immigration court and then again when she accepted the Colombian Passport.
You may also send me $1,000. Make sure you send it directly to the Nigerian head of state.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:00 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,995,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
She did not immigrate. She was deported by a US court. That is the might of the US was used to force her to go to Columbia. Columbia accepted her which was really pretty dumb...but the US forced her out.

A minor has no ability to commit herself to a phoney id. Everyone involved should have picked it up. Simply nonfeasance.

She may well need a tour in juvi to get her head straight. And they better do something quick as she is headed for trouble and good at it.
If her intention was to illegally immigrate into Colombia by any means, then she illegally immigrated to that country. People get into the countries illegally in various ways all the time. She lied to both US and Colombia authorities in order to enter the country illegally. How much more simple does it have to spelled out?

Either way, how can she be "forced out" if her intention was to leave in the first place?

I've also seen her Facebook page and she clearly says that she is from Colombia on there--she also says that she was born there. Throughout the entire process she demonstrated that her intention was to leave the US and enter Colombia.

Also...judging from her picture on her profile, I don't think anyone would have suspected that she was lying about her age.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Her story was that she was a Colombian woman and here illegally, what is there to verify? ICE did a fingerprint scan along with ID, nothing came up to prove her claim invalid. How was ICE to know who her "family members were"? Dental records? is she dead? You do realize this is the USA and not North Korea, right?

Old 01-08-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why is it any of our business? She wanted to go to Colombia, she wanted to be deported there so she got herself deported to Colombia. You'd have to ask her why -- but who are you to say she can't want something?

15 year olds have run away from home throughout thousands of years. Some happen to be a little more creative, some get further from home than others. Kids used to runaway to join the circus - and who got sued then? And is this family suing the dance club that hired her to work as a 14 year old exotic dancer? She must have lied about her age then and even sleazebag club owners didn't know she lied.
So your answer for troubled teens is... have the US government ship them to a foreign nation without parental knowledge. Awesome. I think this pretty much speaks for itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.