U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 06:07 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,645,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Point taken, but the awswear is simple ; bring our friking troops home and place them along the border!
Waste of money. The border is huge and they'll find a way. Notice how there's still a steady flow of meth and coke into the country despite a ton of money being spent? You'd be far better off continuing to prosecute companies that use illegals. They come here for work, they wouldn't do so if they couldn't get a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 06:55 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by othan79 View Post
Isint this forum to discus the immigration problem ? And all I read is Obama this and obama that.
If we really I mean really think about the immigration problem it has to do with "control", controlling ,not trying to eliminate, but controlling this is a country founded by immigrants!! All of us come frome Germans, Asians, Jews, south American, Mexican, Africans, and the list goes on and on . If we will have a better control system, not just admisty but some kind Of proses were if you have paid you're Taxes in since you step this country and you are now a illegal, you may qualify for admisty. Think about it, more that 30 million may qualify and if you make them all get there taxes up to date you're taking about billions of dollars in revenue, not to count the boom it will create on housing ( they will all start to buy) houses, cars, etc. they will start investing in this cauntry instead of sending there money to there "home land" just waiting to get deported.
Same thing hapend after the great depression! It's all about taxing people ! If you do this plus btw bringing all our troops home! We will grow! We will create jobs, factorys, the well will start rotating instead of blinding ourselves and trying to ignore the fact that this people are all here already, I'm not saying : free papers for all. They have to work it! And in there point of view (inmigrants) the price is more than reasonable.
Is very close to the already existing that if an person that is willing to invest more that half a million $ on our country and will employe at least 10 people during a 10 year period will get to be a US resident and eventually will be a iquall American.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But you are bringing up an aspect (the trip and troubles) that has nothing to do with actually gaining U.S. citizenship. By the same token, walking across the desert would be derided here, unless it happened 200 years ago. The requirements to naturalize to U.S. citizenship (as long as you were White) were easily satisfied.
Why would you make such a statement? You don't actually think we would be ok with illegal aliens as long as it was 200 years ago that they came here, do you? It was mostly white Europeans that came here 200 years ago and things were done differently then. Why do you make comparisons to that with the current times? We were a far less populated country back then yet we still allow in a million legal immigrants annually (many are naturalized) and from all over the world. In fact immigrants from white, non-hispanic countries are coming here in far less numbers than any other race/ethnic national group than any others. I don't understand this apparent resentment of your own race (mixed or not).

Old 01-25-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Waste of money. The border is huge and they'll find a way. Notice how there's still a steady flow of meth and coke into the country despite a ton of money being spent? You'd be far better off continuing to prosecute companies that use illegals. They come here for work, they wouldn't do so if they couldn't get a job.
I don't know how you were quoting me in your reply but that wasn't my post. Yes, we do need to prosecute companies that "knowingly" hire illegal aliens and we do. No one has suggested otherwise. However, the illegals are just as guilty as they are. Some come for work. Some come here for other reasons. We also need to remove all incentives such as benefits and birthright citizenship.

No, the wall is not a waste of money. A physical barrier helps the BP immensely. No one expects that it will stop illegal immigration altogether but it will cut it back to a trickle. That has already been proven where the double layed fence has already been erected.

Last edited by chicagonut; 01-25-2012 at 07:26 AM..

Old 01-25-2012, 07:17 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
The latinos might be mad at Obama because he couldnt pass an inmigration reform but they will never vote Republican because they know the only "friends" they have are the Democrats. With a Democrat as a president there could be few chances of an inmigration reform but with a republican president the chances are zero and the latinos know this. So, this 2012 the latinos are going democrat again and Obama will win.
Which Latinos? Many Cuban Americans DON'T want illegal aliens and many of them DON'T like Mexicans as a group for different reasons. Looking at Chicanos; not that many are old enough to vote anyway.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:21 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't know how you were quoting me in your reply. That wasn't my post. Yes, we do need to prosecute companies that "knowingly" hire illegal aliens and we do. No one has suggested otherwise. However, the illegals are just as guilty as they are. Some come for work. Some come here for other reasons. We also need to remove all incentives such as benefits and birthright citizenship.

No, the wall is not a waste of money. A physical barrier helps the BP immensely. No one expects that it will stop illegal immigration altogether but it will cut it back to a trickle. That has already been proven where the double layed fence has already been erected.
chicagonut is right. The fences ARE working; otherwise illegal aliens would NOT be paying coyotes $$$$ to try to cross. If no fences and BP; illegals would just walk around the checkpoints.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Which Latinos? Many Cuban Americans DON'T want illegal aliens and many of them DON'T like Mexicans as a group for different reasons. Looking at Chicanos; not that many are old enough to vote anyway.
Another question would be is why do many Latino "citizens" want amnesty for illegal aliens? That isn't a "reform" anyways.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:58 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Many blacks may sit OUT the election this time because they ain't happy with Obama. Few Hispanics can vote and not all of them want amnesty. What helped Obama in 2008 was the Independent vote; many of them WON'T vote for him again.
I know I will. And, I am not alone; including people I know personally who canvassed for Obama in 2008 and were staunch supporters. I would even vote for a Republican who would actually enforce our laws, if there were any worth voting for.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by othan79 View Post
Hate? What exactly do you mean with hate? Cause my understanding is that some one that is risking there lives to cross the border and risking there lives don't just do it for there familys, they do it cause they love the American system( as crazy a it sound ) they love the concept that if you awswear your but of you'll get what you deserve.
Yes, they love the American welfare system, and other tax-funded freebies they receive. Eliminate those, and you will see how much they "love" this country.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
This is one of the many reasons my vote will go to Obama.
Do you vote for empty promises? Didn't he "promise" to address illegal immigration during his first 90 days in office? Did he? Of course not! Many are touting his deportation record as being the highest ever. Is THAT what you voted for? Obama, like other politicians, will say whatever is necessary to secure votes. Obviously, it's working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or