U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-25-2012, 12:26 PM
 
373 posts, read 488,708 times
Reputation: 192

Advertisements

Why is EVERY time Obama brings up illegal immigration he quickly follows with letting the lawbreakers stay one way or another AND HE NEVER MENTIONS THE PENALTYS WE HAVE BY LAW FOR THESE LAWBREAKERS..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-25-2012, 02:28 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But you are bringing up an aspect (the trip and troubles) that has nothing to do with actually gaining U.S. citizenship. By the same token, walking across the desert would be derided here, unless it happened 200 years ago. The requirements to naturalize to U.S. citizenship (as long as you were White) were easily satisfied.

What aspect, don't deflect. The premise is alwyas been the same. If you wish to become a US Citizen, you can do it legally, if you truly have love for this Country.

If you wish to break the laws, don't abide By our customs, demand rights you do not deserve, then we do not want you here by illegal means.

Premise is the same, for those who wish to become Citizens, time has not changed that, nor the population. What has changed are those who wish to break the laws, and demand that in which they do not deserve.

People need to stop making excuses they can for those who break immigration laws, you see growing up i was taught, two things,
right and wrong, were you? and to me breaking the law is a wrong thing to do.

Leave the trips and trouble out of this, people way back when, saw that the trip and the troubles were a small price to pay to become a citizen of the US.


Oh and by the way, gaining legal immigration status, has everything to do with this, you see most still believe in doing things legally and by the same token the right way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 04:43 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
What aspect, don't deflect. The premise is alwyas been the same. If you wish to become a US Citizen, you can do it legally, if you truly have love for this Country.

If you wish to break the laws, don't abide By our customs, demand rights you do not deserve, then we do not want you here by illegal means.

Premise is the same, for those who wish to become Citizens, time has not changed that, nor the population. What has changed are those who wish to break the laws, and demand that in which they do not deserve.

People need to stop making excuses they can for those who break immigration laws, you see growing up i was taught, two things,
right and wrong, were you? and to me breaking the law is a wrong thing to do.

Leave the trips and trouble out of this, people way back when, saw that the trip and the troubles were a small price to pay to become a citizen of the US.


Oh and by the way, gaining legal immigration status, has everything to do with this, you see most still believe in doing things legally and by the same token the right way.
Also the tables have turned from yesterday. Today it is mostly Hispanics here in the largest numbers legally so it only stands to reason that they are being naturalized in the largest numbers. So I don't know what the gripe is over the past when it was non-hispanic whites being naturalized in the the largest numbers. Seems a wash to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
What aspect, don't deflect. The premise is alwyas been the same. If you wish to become a US Citizen, you can do it legally, if you truly have love for this Country.

If you wish to break the laws, don't abide By our customs, demand rights you do not deserve, then we do not want you here by illegal means.

Premise is the same, for those who wish to become Citizens, time has not changed that, nor the population. What has changed are those who wish to break the laws, and demand that in which they do not deserve.

People need to stop making excuses they can for those who break immigration laws, you see growing up i was taught, two things,
right and wrong, were you? and to me breaking the law is a wrong thing to do.

Leave the trips and trouble out of this, people way back when, saw that the trip and the troubles were a small price to pay to become a citizen of the US.

Oh and by the way, gaining legal immigration status, has everything to do with this, you see most still believe in doing things legally and by the same token the right way.
I'm not understanding that YOu say someone can naturalize "if YOu truly have love for this country". Say an example of a tourist finding out they really like it here, and gaining a love for the United States. Are they able to naturalize, or is their visa expiring (where they have no hope of getting into Legal Permanent Resident status) going to be more of a reality?

YOu didn't quite follow that some long journey or hardships along the way aren't any of the criteria to naturalize. In fact, "coming legally" really had nothing to do with it. What if someone jumped ship, never processed, whatever? Couldn't they become a U.S. citizen through some false means, lying how long they were here, or how they came?

So have YOu ever "broken the law"? Why did you do it if you knew it was wrong? What level of "breaking the law" should make someone unable to eventually gain citizenship? If a Legal Permanent Resident forgets to carry their card one day?

There are illegal aliens that have eventually "legalized" by leaving the country, processing by their marriage to a U.S. citizen, and following the law since coming back. Do YOu feel that those individuals should not eventually be able to gain U.S. citizenship?

What if they really "love" the United States?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 02:38 AM
 
Location: too far from the sea
17,998 posts, read 17,150,498 times
Reputation: 30142
Obama is prioritizing the illegals and deporting the ones who have committed serious crimes (other than breaking our immigration laws). That would be a good thing except that I have this feeling that once he gets rid of the blatant criminals, the rest will be granted amnesty.

Instead, they need to be notified that if they return to their country and APPLY they can get back in and become a legal resident and maybe, eventually, even a citizen. I can understand shortening the time that they have to leave the US--not ten years the way it is now--but they do have to leave for a while and apply, get checked for background and communicable diseases, ability to support themselves, maybe by getting a US sponsor, and pay the money that everyone else pays to get processed and eventually admitted. Let them get an idea of how the system works. They are not special and should not get special treatment. Maybe modify the waiting period for them, that's all. Other than that, they'd immigrate just the same way as anybody else does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 05:43 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,551,884 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by othan79 View Post
Isint this forum to discus the immigration problem ? And all I read is Obama this and obama that.
If we really I mean really think about the immigration problem it has to do with "control", controlling ,not trying to eliminate, but controlling this is a country founded by immigrants!! All of us come frome Germans, Asians, Jews, south American, Mexican, Africans, and the list goes on and on . If we will have a better control system, not just admisty but some kind Of proses were if you have paid you're Taxes in since you step this country and you are now a illegal, you may qualify for admisty. Think about it, more that 30 million may qualify and if you make them all get there taxes up to date you're taking about billions of dollars in revenue, not to count the boom it will create on housing ( they will all start to buy) houses, cars, etc. they will start investing in this cauntry instead of sending there money to there "home land" just waiting to get deported.
Same thing hapend after the great depression! It's all about taxing people ! If you do this plus btw bringing all our troops home! We will grow! We will create jobs, factorys, the well will start rotating instead of blinding ourselves and trying to ignore the fact that this people are all here already, I'm not saying : free papers for all. They have to work it! And in there point of view (inmigrants) the price is more than reasonable.
Is very close to the already existing that if an person that is willing to invest more that half a million $ on our country and will employe at least 10 people during a 10 year period will get to be a US resident and eventually will be a iquall American.
Are you referring to our ancestors, the immigrants who entered this country through Ellis Island legally, and who were responsible for building this country through their labor, spent years scraping money together to open a small business? The very immigrants that had no choice but to work because there were no handouts from the government? The immigrants that had to learn to speak English to obtain citizenship? Would those be the immigrants you refer to???

Illegals DON'T pay taxes from the day the put their foot on US soil. Employers who hire them don't pay into the system. Employers and illegals gain and the taxpayer loses.

The country is going through enough trying to create jobs for citizens and you think if illegals become legal they will "create jobs"? US citizens are not interested in the illegals "point of view", and clearly illegals aren't interested in the point of view that the majority of American citizens share, which I'm sure you are aware of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 05:59 AM
 
8,649 posts, read 14,872,641 times
Reputation: 4563
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Obama is the toughest president on Immigration in 50 years. You clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about.
You have to be joking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 06:11 AM
 
8,649 posts, read 14,872,641 times
Reputation: 4563
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
Hispanic Votes do matter because most of them vote for a particular party
In some areas like Texas California Arizona Colorado New York candidates win elections because of Hispanic votes
Wrong, obummer did not win Texas......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 04:51 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by othan79 View Post
Hate? What exactly do you mean with hate? Cause my understanding is that some one that is risking there lives to cross the border and risking there lives don't just do it for there familys, they do it cause they love the American system( as crazy a it sound ) they love the concept that if you awswear your but of you'll get what you deserve.
They don't love the USA. They might adore the easy money here, the food stamps, the Medicaid and easy access to the welfare system that giving birth here gives them but illegals have absolutely no respect for the laws of this country, nor the culture or language.

It's all about greed - both the employers of illegals who greatly benefit from having a cheap illegal workforce and the illegals themselves who prefer to break our laws rather than work to improve their own countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 04:54 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Obama is the toughest president on Immigration in 50 years. You clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about.
You've got to be joking. Obama is a globalist puppet, he's expanded NAFTA and most definitely promotes illegal immigration. He's not at all tough on immigration, just by his continual promises for amnesty he's got a lot of illegals choosing to stay.

And the pro-illegals wouldn't be in support of Obama if he were enforcing the laws of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top