Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 03:08 PM

373 posts, read 710,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Obama is the toughest president on Immigration in 50 years. You clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about.
BS my man. I guess his efforts to circumvent what the poor citizens of arizona have tried to do doesnt count? Just what has he DONE to address the illegality and those who have broken our laws? ps talk dont count
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 05:36 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Obama is the toughest president on Immigration in 50 years. You clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about.
No he's not, don't even try to throw that BS out there because it's not true.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:04 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
So he wants to allow illegals to stay or atleast not stay away as long as they normally would have to.
What about the many legal immigrants waiting their turn to sponsor their family members? Will he also shorten their wait? I mean they unlike the illegals didnt break any laws to get here and in fact obeyed our laws. Nothing like rewarding criminal behavior to show that crime doesnt pay.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:01 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why can't they take their families back to the homeland with them while they are waiting for their applications to go through? I still don't think it right that they get to jump to the head of the line or have their applications processed at the same time that potential immigrants who are waitiing in their homelands for their applications to be processed are. Since we only allow in a million immigrants per year it only stands to reason that some of those already waiting will be pushed to the back of the line because our quotas will be used up sooner by this policy.

Obama is just pandering for the Hispanic vote on this one. He knows he is on shakey ground with most non-hispanics so he is getting desperate.
Show me one poll showing a republican beating Obama in the general elections. There is no way Romney with his hardline stance on immigrations is going to get even 20 percent of the Latino vote. Good luck winning the white house without a good chunk of the Latino, black, women and minority vote.

Falling jobless rate is good news for Obama

Jobless rate falls to nearly 3-year low - The Washington Post

None of these GOP clowns stand a chance against Obama.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:10 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Show me one poll showing a republican beating Obama in the general elections. There is no way Romney with his hardline stance on immigrations is going to get even 20 percent of the Latino vote. Good luck winning the white house without a good chunk of the Latino, black, women and minority vote.

Many blacks may sit OUT the election this time because they ain't happy with Obama. Few Hispanics can vote and not all of them want amnesty. What helped Obama in 2008 was the Independent vote; many of them WON'T vote for him again.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:08 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Many blacks may sit OUT the election this time because they ain't happy with Obama. Few Hispanics can vote and not all of them want amnesty. What helped Obama in 2008 was the Independent vote; many of them WON'T vote for him again.
Wishful thinking on your part, but we will just have to wait and see.

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

–
Quote:
Nationwide, roughly 10 million Hispanics voted in the 2008 presidential election
Migration Information Source - Hispanic Vote Goes for Obama But May Not Lead to Quick Action on Immigration Reform

Old 01-07-2012, 08:47 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

Clowns? So you are saying that the Republican candidate doesn't stand a chance with most Latinos? It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that most Republicans expect our immigration laws to be respected and enforced, would it? What makes you think they wouldn't get the female vote? Other minorities have always been mostly Democrats. That's nothing new.

What hardline stance is Romney taking on illegal immigration? Is it hardline to follow the laws on the books? It's still several months before the election. I wouldn't count my chickens if I were you.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:39 PM

475 posts, read 508,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Clowns? So you are saying that the Republican candidate doesn't stand a chance with most Latinos? It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that most Republicans expect our immigration laws to be respected and enforced, would it? What makes you think they wouldn't get the female vote? Other minorities have always been mostly Democrats. That's nothing new.

What hardline stance is Romney taking on illegal immigration? Is it hardline to follow the laws on the books? It's still several months before the election. I wouldn't count my chickens if I were you.
The latinos might be mad at Obama because he couldnt pass an inmigration reform but they will never vote Republican because they know the only "friends" they have are the Democrats. With a Democrat as a president there could be few chances of an inmigration reform but with a republican president the chances are zero and the latinos know this. So, this 2012 the latinos are going democrat again and Obama will win.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:50 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
The latinos might be mad at Obama because he couldnt pass an inmigration reform but they will never vote Republican because they know the only "friends" they have are the Democrats. With a Democrat as a president there could be few chances of an inmigration reform but with a republican president the chances are zero and the latinos know this. So, this 2012 the latinos are going democrat again and Obama will win.
"Immigration reform" is nothing more than another way to say amnesty and therefore free stuff for low skilled Mexican nationals paid for by the American taxpayer. That ought to be political suicide for any pol of any party.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:59 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Why is it important to Latino "citizens" to have an immigration reform aka amnesty? Care to give an honest answer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration