U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 09:48 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,015,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I agree. I understand why we would educate illegal children (not that I agree with it), but I have no clue why we allow this.
"Illegal children"? Your terms don't link. Read the original quoted article, to find out that the father and daughter featured are both U.S. citizens (the mother was a Legal Permanent Resident, applying for the re-issue of a lost Resident Card).

Old 01-08-2012, 09:58 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,774,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
"Illegal children"? Your terms don't link. Read the original quoted article, to find out that the father and daughter featured are both U.S. citizens (the mother was a Legal Permanent Resident, applying for the re-issue of a lost Resident Card).
That's why I said "but I have no clue why we allow this." I was pointing out that this is a different situation entirely, whether the children are US citizens or not. Kids who don't live in the US, regardless of whether they are citizens, shouldn't be allowed to attend school in the US.

Illegal children, even if they live in the US, shouldn't be allowed to attend school in the US IMO.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:18 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,015,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
That's why I said "but I have no clue why we allow this." I was pointing out that this is a different situation entirely, whether the children are US citizens or not. Kids who don't live in the US, regardless of whether they are citizens, shouldn't be allowed to attend school in the US.

Illegal children, even if they live in the US, shouldn't be allowed to attend school in the US IMO.
I had all three of my Mexican National stepchildren enrolled in school here, while they were on their non-immigrant visas for eight months. Sometimes you can't wait around for the system to catch up on immigration statuses, and have to move on as best you can. U.S. citizen children that will eventually reside (or like my children, that will eventually become U.S. citizens) in the United States are prime candidates to educate here, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or