Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 02:12 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
They're not US residents, so they're not illegal aliens.

Anyone in any country illegally is considered an illegal alien, even if they are there temporarily.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:41 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Anyone in any country illegally is considered an illegal alien, even if they are there temporarily.
Not all of these kids are coming to the country illegally. They're coming legally for the day and then going home.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Not all of these kids are coming to the country illegally. They're coming legally for the day and then going home.
Who said that all of them were? At the end of the day per the definition I quoted, if you are in the country at any time without permission you are an illegal alien. Be it one second, one minute 24 hours or 24 years.

Illegal presence = illegal alien.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Who said that all of them were? At the end of the day per the definition I quoted, if you are in the country at any time without legally permission you are an illegal alien. Be it one second, one minute or 24 hours. Illegal presence = illegal alien.
Except they are legally in the country when attending school here.

They should not be allowed to attend school here, but they aren't violating immigration laws.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Except they are legally in the country when attending school here.

They should not be allowed to attend school here, but they aren't violating immigration laws.
If they are in the country without permission even if for a millisecond, it is illegal and so is their presence. If the school was raided by ICE, LEGALLY those students in this country without permission aka ILLEGALLY could be arrested and deported. I can't make it any plainer for you than that.

We will agree to disagree.

Definition for illegal alien:

ILLEGAL ALIEN:

An "illegal alien" is a foreigner who (1) does not owe allegiance to our country; and (2) who has violated our laws and customs in establishing residence in our country. He or she is therefore a criminal under applicable U.S. laws.

The term "illegal alien" is used by U.S. citizens who believe that non-citizens entering our country must comply with our immigration laws.

The term "illegal alien" is predicated upon U.S. immigration law which requires foreigners entering the U.S. to comply with our country's rules and laws regarding entry into, and residence within, our country.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:57 PM

Purplerain, you don't need a visa to come from Mexico to the US as long as you legally cross the border and do not stay longer than a certain amount of time.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:37 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
You sound like you have personal issues with whatever I post. Please refrain from the stalking and personal attacks.

TOPIC:

"Illegal alien kids in Mexico coming to America for a free education"I have a problem with illegal aliens no matter where they come from."

Definition for illegal alien:

ILLEGAL ALIEN:

An "illegal alien" is a foreigner who (1) does not owe allegiance to our country; and (2) who has violated our laws and customs in establishing residence in our country. He or she is therefore a criminal under applicable U.S. laws.

The term "illegal alien" is used by U.S. citizens who believe that non-citizens entering our country must comply with our immigration laws.

The term "illegal alien" is predicated upon U.S. immigration law which requires foreigners entering the U.S. to comply with our country's rules and laws regarding entry into, and residence within, our country.

UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT: The term "undocumented immigrant" is an oxymoron (the parts conflict). An immigrant is synonymous with "permanent legal resident." The old term for the document authorizing a permanent legal resident is "green card." The term "undocumented" is derived from the accurate term "undocumented aliens" who are often called "border crossers." Proper terms are "illegal alien" or "undocumented alien" but not "undocumented immigrant." Although not commonly used, the term "documented alien" accurately refers to foreign nationals who have an unexpired non-immigrant visa such as H-1B.

Definitions: Alien, Immigrant, Illegal Alien, Undocumented Immigrant

Reading is fundamental and comprehension is key.

Translation: Mexican nationals illegally crossing the border to attend American schools = illegal aliens attending American schools.

You can put your race card back in your pocket now.
You are lost somewhere, and don't have a clue...

Besides falsely calling someone an "illegal alien" (I now know where that "50 million" number comes from), you are calling Mexicans a "race"...

You missed your fundamental reading, and don't have the comprehension to find and read the complete article (discussed here before) online:

"...[Aaron] Ortiz said he considered sending Rachel there but thinks his daughter deserves an education in the U.S. She, like he, is a U.S. citizen.

The 28-year-old grew up with his parents, former migrant workers, on the U.S. side. That's where he went to school and where he had been raising his family of three.

But two years ago his wife, a Mexican national, lost her green card. She applied for another, but in the meantime the family had to move back to Juarez. And just about that time Rachel, the oldest, reached school age. Ortiz wanted her somewhere she could learn English..."

So, you are calling the father, a U.S. citizen, an "illegal alien", and the daughter, a U.S. citizen daughter of a U.S. citizen and former (maybe currently, or even a U.S. citizen now; The article was five years ago) U.S. Legal Permanent Resident, an "illegal alien"? If my wife loses her Resident Card, are you going to call my family "illegal aliens" as well? As said, you are lost somewhere.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You are lost somewhere, and don't have a clue...

Besides falsely calling someone an "illegal alien" (I now know where that "50 million" number comes from), you are calling Mexicans a "race"...

You missed your fundamental reading, and don't have the comprehension to find and read the complete article (discussed here before) online:

"...[Aaron] Ortiz said he considered sending Rachel there but thinks his daughter deserves an education in the U.S. She, like he, is a U.S. citizen.

The 28-year-old grew up with his parents, former migrant workers, on the U.S. side. That's where he went to school and where he had been raising his family of three.

But two years ago his wife, a Mexican national, lost her green card. She applied for another, but in the meantime the family had to move back to Juarez. And just about that time Rachel, the oldest, reached school age. Ortiz wanted her somewhere she could learn English..."

So, you are calling the father, a U.S. citizen, an "illegal alien", and the daughter, a U.S. citizen daughter of a U.S. citizen and former (maybe currently, or even a U.S. citizen now; The article was five years ago) U.S. Legal Permanent Resident, an "illegal alien"? If my wife loses her Resident Card, are you going to call my family "illegal aliens" as well? As said, you are lost somewhere.

What the hell are you talking about? You chose a story about one citizen of mexican descent, out of hundreds of illegal alien mexican nationals crossing our borders daily with their kids in tow in order to partake of American tax payer funded education, free breakfast and lunch to accuse me of being a racist.

Read the entire article and please stop putting words in my mouth.

With each delusional off topic rant and personal attacl that you post it has become more than obvious that your only purpose on this board is to troll and insult anybody that does not agree with your pro illegal alien rants.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:41 PM

387 posts, read 337,434 times
Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? You chose a story about one citizen of mexican descent, out of hundreds of illegal alien mexican nationals crossing our borders daily with their kids in tow in order to partake of American tax payer funded education, free breakfast and lunch to accuse me of being a racist.

Read the entire article and please stop putting words in my mouth.

With each delusional off topic rant and personal attacl that you post it has become more than obvious that your only purpose on this board is to troll and insult anybody that does not agree with your pro illegal alien rants.
That was of course the story in the cited piece. Note that in these border areas vast numbers of the Mexican children were born in the USA and therefore can go to school here without violating any other laws.

Others have arrangements with relatives in El Paso that provide the Mexican children with the right to attend school. These children have border cards and legally pass the border each morning.

The article in fact talked only about people who can and do cross the border each morning. These people are either US citizens or legal aliens. They do not allow the illegals to cross in such a situation.

So again...there is nothing in this situation involving illegal aliens.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:43 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Unfortunately this isn't new but it's costing the US taxpayer many billions of dollars.

the law should be changed to make it so only citizens of the USA get a public education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration