Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 11:20 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They halted busing from the border here and it's fixed the issue for all schools except those right on the border.
That's good news. I cannot imagine living in a state that is predominantly an illegal alien sanctuary. From various articles that I have read, the tax burden courtesy of illegal aliens there is horrific.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:14 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Sounds like you want to petition Yac to change the overall forum coverage, so it isn't a matter of whether the topic is on illegal immigration. It has degraded into being anti-Hispanic again anyway. The absolutely amusing thing is that I get told I am off-topic when a thread like this is discussed again for the upteenth time (the original article here is five years old after all), when the topic is titled wrong like this, and when I show that the references (forum contributors not reading what they debate, and not searching on past threads debating the same article) used are not even identified correctly.

That is the point...

Why can't everyone stay on-topic, instead of changing the format to suit themselves?...
How has this topic degraded into being anti-Hispanic? And we are all guilty of getting "somewhat" off topic from time to time, even you. I am not the one who started this topic nor am I the one who started to discuss Mexican kids from Mexico crossing our border to attend our schools. I have merely put my two cents worth in. Of course anything negative said about Mexicans even when it is the truth seems to set you off. Why is that when your Mexican family is here legally?

Old 01-08-2012, 05:22 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
How has this topic degraded into being anti-Hispanic? And we are all guilty of getting "somewhat" off topic from time to time, even you. I am not the one who started this topic nor am I the one who started to discuss Mexican kids from Mexico crossing our border to attend our schools. I have merely put my two cents worth in. Of course anything negative said about Mexicans even when it is the truth seems to set you off. Why is that when your Mexican family is here legally?
Chicagonut, the point the other poster is trying to make is that this isn't about illegal immigration per se.

I strongly feel that this should not be allowed, but a lot (if not most) of these kids and their parents aren't doing anything illegal.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 01-08-2012 at 05:45 PM..

Old 01-08-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Chicagonut, the point the other poster is trying to make is that this isn't about illegal immigration per se.

I strongly feel that this should not be allowed, but a lot (if not most) of these kids and their parents aren't doing anything illegal.
Do you have any idea how many times this poster has turned an illegal immigration topic into a legal immigration one since he has been in this forum? Obviously, you don't. Yes, we all do get a bit off topic at times but that is just human nature.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:51 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,196,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You are lost somewhere, and don't have a clue...

Besides falsely calling someone an "illegal alien" (I now know where that "50 million" number comes from), you are calling Mexicans a "race"...

You missed your fundamental reading, and don't have the comprehension to find and read the complete article (discussed here before) online:

"...[Aaron] Ortiz said he considered sending Rachel there but thinks his daughter deserves an education in the U.S. She, like he, is a U.S. citizen.

The 28-year-old grew up with his parents, former migrant workers, on the U.S. side. That's where he went to school and where he had been raising his family of three.

But two years ago his wife, a Mexican national, lost her green card. She applied for another, but in the meantime the family had to move back to Juarez. And just about that time Rachel, the oldest, reached school age. Ortiz wanted her somewhere she could learn English..."

So, you are calling the father, a U.S. citizen, an "illegal alien", and the daughter, a U.S. citizen daughter of a U.S. citizen and former (maybe currently, or even a U.S. citizen now; The article was five years ago) U.S. Legal Permanent Resident, an "illegal alien"? If my wife loses her Resident Card, are you going to call my family "illegal aliens" as well? As said, you are lost somewhere.
It sounds like to me that the daugther, Rachel Ortiz, is an American national by virtue of being born within our borders. So technically, she is still an American despite currently residing in Juarez, therefore she can legally go to school in America, that is if our laws grant that type of flexibility.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 01-08-2012 at 08:04 PM..

Old 01-08-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
It sounds like to me that the daugther, Rachel Ortiz, is an American national by virtue of being born within our borders. So technically, she is still an American despite currently residing in Juarez, therefore she can legally go to school in America, that is if our laws grant that type of flexibility.
It's allowed even if the children aren't US citizens.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
It's allowed even if the children aren't US citizens.
Yes it is but it is still an outrage and costing American citizens dearly in increased taxes and overcrowding our schools. I have no problem with children of legal immigrants attending our schools who reside in our country and within the district of the schools they are attending.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Yes it is but it is still an outrage and costing Americans citizens dearly in increased taxes.
I agree. I understand why we would educate illegal children (not that I agree with it), but I have no clue why we allow this.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:39 PM

387 posts, read 337,523 times
Quote:
Yes it is but it is still an outrage and costing American citizens dearly in increased taxes and overcrowding our schools. I have no problem with children of legal immigrants attending our schools who reside in our country and within the district of the schools they are attending.
Overall school populations are down not up. So they are simply filling vacant space.

The illegal students are down to about 1 million from 1.5 million 5 years ago.. The legal children of illegals are now at 4.5 million. And that trend will continue. So wait 5 years and the illegal students will be down by half again.

Self solving problem

Old 01-08-2012, 09:43 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
She is a U.S. citizen, no technicality to it. If the school district allows students that reside outside the district (it matters not if it is outside the country) to attend school there, it is lawful. It doesn't even matter for citizenship or nationality: I have two Mexican National stepchildren in school here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration