U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-07-2012, 12:00 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,422,745 times
Reputation: 748

Advertisements

As the sun rises over that side of the Rio Grande, the first-grader follows her father from their cinder-block home through the streets of Ciudad Juarez.

Aaron Ortiz holds his 6-year-old's pink backpack and later her hand. At the border they funnel onto the pedestrian bridge alongside dozens of other children with backpacks holding parents' hands. Then they are on the other side, saying goodbye at the gates of Vilas Elementary, where breakfast is served free and special classes are offered for English-language learners.



Congress.org - Soapbox

It is way past time to put our troops on our own borders to stop the invasion of our country.

 
Old 01-07-2012, 12:18 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Unfortunately this isn't new but it's costing the US taxpayer many billions of dollars.
 
Old 01-07-2012, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
As the sun rises over that side of the Rio Grande, the first-grader follows her father from their cinder-block home through the streets of Ciudad Juarez.

Aaron Ortiz holds his 6-year-old's pink backpack and later her hand. At the border they funnel onto the pedestrian bridge alongside dozens of other children with backpacks holding parents' hands. Then they are on the other side, saying goodbye at the gates of Vilas Elementary, where breakfast is served free and special classes are offered for English-language learners.



Congress.org - Soapbox

It is way past time to put our troops on our own borders to stop the invasion of our country.
Except that the kids, nor parents that cross through the Port of Entry, are "illegal aliens"...

Sounds like you just have a problem with Mexicans in general...
 
Old 01-07-2012, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Reputation: 4539
These kids aren't illegal aliens. They don't live in the US.

They simply come across the border every day to attend school here - at the expense of American taxpayers. It's absurd that this is allowed.
 
Old 01-07-2012, 12:30 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
They even have schools on their own side of the border BUT their schools don't give them laptops and iPads, they aren't given free meals -- free breakfasts and free lunches every day.

Parents over there are expected to feed their own kids, and they're expected to buy them school supplies like pencils and papers. Not so on the USA where it's a free ride all the way.
 
Old 01-07-2012, 01:18 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,422,745 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Unfortunately this isn't new but it's costing the US taxpayer many billions of dollars.
Indeed. If we don't elect someone willing to enforce our immigration policies by the book, it won't be long before we become nothing more than another 3rd world hell hole.
 
Old 01-07-2012, 01:34 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They even have schools on their own side of the border BUT their schools don't give them laptops and iPads, they aren't given free meals -- free breakfasts and free lunches every day.

Parents over there are expected to feed their own kids, and they're expected to buy them school supplies like pencils and papers. Not so on the USA where it's a free ride all the way.
Your so correct. At this point i want someone in office who is going to enforce our immigration laws. Enough of this pandering and kissing butt, i and so many of my friends are just plain stick of it.

The schools on their side of the border, probably don't apply the laptops, and the iPads. Probably not given free meals either or the free breakfasts and free lunches every day.
One thing, who is paying for this!
 
Old 01-07-2012, 01:44 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
And the more we do for them, the less they'll do for themselves.

Why would rich Mexicans want to pay taxes and build schools and provide their impoverished free laptops and free meals when we're doing all that for them? Why would these people want to stay home in Mexico and work for these things when we're so happy to open our bank accounts and wallets to them and do it all for them.

It's almost like we're deliberately making these people more and more helpless. Don't bother building schools in Mexico, forget about building your own hospitals -- we'll just do it all for you, come one, come all - to the Greatest Flophouse of the World.
 
Old 01-07-2012, 01:45 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,422,745 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Except that the kids, nor parents that cross through the Port of Entry, are "illegal aliens"...

Sounds like you just have a problem with Mexicans in general...
You sound like you have personal issues with whatever I post. Please refrain from the stalking and personal attacks.

TOPIC:

"Illegal alien kids in Mexico coming to America for a free education"I have a problem with illegal aliens no matter where they come from."

Definition for illegal alien:

ILLEGAL ALIEN:

An "illegal alien" is a foreigner who (1) does not owe allegiance to our country; and (2) who has violated our laws and customs in establishing residence in our country. He or she is therefore a criminal under applicable U.S. laws.

The term "illegal alien" is used by U.S. citizens who believe that non-citizens entering our country must comply with our immigration laws.

The term "illegal alien" is predicated upon U.S. immigration law which requires foreigners entering the U.S. to comply with our country's rules and laws regarding entry into, and residence within, our country.

UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT: The term "undocumented immigrant" is an oxymoron (the parts conflict). An immigrant is synonymous with "permanent legal resident." The old term for the document authorizing a permanent legal resident is "green card." The term "undocumented" is derived from the accurate term "undocumented aliens" who are often called "border crossers." Proper terms are "illegal alien" or "undocumented alien" but not "undocumented immigrant." Although not commonly used, the term "documented alien" accurately refers to foreign nationals who have an unexpired non-immigrant visa such as H-1B.

Definitions: Alien, Immigrant, Illegal Alien, Undocumented Immigrant


Quote:
In El Paso, most folks see this as part of the flux inherent to border life. But there has been some grumbling about spending U.S. tax dollars to educate students living in Mexico, especially this spring as the city's biggest school district prepares for a bond election. The El Paso Independent School District, which expects to take in 10,000 new students in the next five to eight years, will ask voters next month for permission to borrow $230 million for new schools.borrow $230 million for new schools.
"With this always comes the argument, 'Stop educating illegal aliens,' " said El Paso ISD spokesman Luis Villalobos, who blames the growth on families moving to the area for the planned Fort Bliss expansion. U.S. ruling School districts from other border towns say they face similar complaints. But each contends that they have few ways to count or control the number of Mexican residents attending their schools.
Reading is fundamental and comprehension is key.

Translation: Mexican nationals illegally crossing the border to attend American schools = illegal aliens attending American schools.

You can put your race card back in your pocket now.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 01-07-2012 at 01:59 PM..
 
Old 01-07-2012, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Reputation: 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Translation: Mexican nationals illegally crossing the border to attend American schools = illegal aliens attending American schools.
They're not US residents, so they're not illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top