U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 04:38 PM

47,576 posts, read 59,187,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Supposedly many Central Americans like Guatemalans feed that belief by saying they're "Mexican" when caught by ICE since it's a much shorter deport distance.
Yes and actually you are right. Many Guatemalans have purchased Mexican birth certificates, they're usually smart enough to buy one that makes it appear they were born in Chiapas so that if they're caught in Mexico, they will pass as Mexicans -- to the Mexican army.

The only thing though, that's not the document they should buy when trying to fool the Mexican army, but it does fool the Americans agents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 04:42 PM

3,874 posts, read 3,199,909 times
When they are the LARGEST number by far, the most VOCAL complainers by far and the biggest problem what would you expect?

In Italy and Spain most Illegals come from North Africa, so that's where most of their Illegal problem is from.

If the US bordered Mongolia or Finland then they would be the biggest problem.

The US borders Mexico and with Mexico's income disparity, Mexico's cultural acceptance of corruption and disregard for laws and numerous Mexican Illegals already here and unscrupilous employers as a magnet it's easy for most all but the OP to see why they are most referenced.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:42 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,436,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But we've learned that you are so unrealistic in your numbers, besides identifying verified U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents as "illegal aliens", that it makes belief in that opinion irrational...

What are you basing your opinion that the United States looks like a "smaller version" of Mexico? Does looking like Mexico mean that there are illegal aliens present? Have you been to Mexico, or areas in the United States that make any number you pull out (from wherever) more realistic than organizations that are more familiar in population numbering?
Who is we? You continue to interegate me no matter what I post. Yet you never post anything plausible to back up whatever you object to. I am basing my opinions on the information that is available from various and numerous websites on the internet.

You continually base your whining on your personal feelings about illegal immigration but never post anything to confirm your personal opinions or dispute whatever statistics or information that I have posted.

As for America resembling Mexico, all one needs to do is travel to various cities, it's so obvious even Stevie Wonder can see it.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 01-08-2012 at 04:52 PM..

Old 01-08-2012, 04:45 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,405,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But we've learned that you are so unrealistic in your numbers, besides identifying verified U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents as "illegal aliens", that it makes belief in that opinion irrational...

What are you basing your opinion that the United States looks like a "smaller version" of Mexico? Does looking like Mexico mean that there are illegal aliens present? Have you been to Mexico, or areas in the United States that make any number you pull out (from wherever) more realistic than organizations that are more familiar in population numbering?

In fairness, none of the numbers thrown out there regarding illegal immigration hold much water since they are all based on speculation. Anytime there is speculation there will also be bias. In fact one of the links within that link posted shows a graph of incarcerated Hispanic youth being higher than the Caucasian population yet uses a disclaimer saying they aren't correct due to methodology. One has to ask why they bothered a post an invalid graph if it weren't simply to deceive.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:14 PM

373 posts, read 496,820 times
All of the illegals I see speack MEXICAN.....Thats another reason people focus on them.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:35 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,050,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconman View Post
All of the illegals I see speack MEXICAN.....Thats another reason people focus on them.
Ah, yes, a statement that really shows your position well...

Old 01-08-2012, 05:48 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,050,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Who is we? You continue to interegate me no matter what I post. Yet you never post anything plausible to back up whatever you object to. I am basing my opinions on the information that is available from various and numerous websites on the internet.

You continually base your whining on your personal feelings about illegal immigration but never post anything to confirm your personal opinions or dispute whatever statistics or information that I have posted.

As for America resembling Mexico, all one needs to do is travel to various cities, it's so obvious even Stevie Wonder can see it.
What does "interegate" mean? Where do "various and numerous websites on the internet" source their information (or even throw out a few names)? Are sites you find on the Internet necessarily truthful?

Old 01-08-2012, 06:38 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,244,488 times
FYI, for the umpteenth time I have never assumed because someone is speaking Spanish they are here illegally and have several kids and I doubt most other Americans do either. This is just pro-illegal propaganda meant to demonize anyone who is opposed to illegal immigration and play the victim hard for Hispanics in general.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:49 PM

313 posts, read 276,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's probably true that many people see Guatemalans and assume they Mexican -- but then again, Guatemala was once part of Mexico and there's not all that much difference in the people.

It can happen to Canadians who travel in Mexico, people sometimes will assume they are "gringos" until they learn they are not.

Usually it's the pro-illegals more than anything because when they talk about having open borders and unlimited rights for people to come here illegally and no limits on immigration, even they don't generally mean this for the whole world. They usually mean no immigration laws for "la raza", not necessarily unlimited immigration for all the people of Asia, Africa, Europe.
Really? I never heard of that. Just because someone holds a sign advocating rights for Mexican nationals during a counter protest focusing on illegal Mexicans doesn't mean they don't think the same rights apply for other people from different countries.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:57 PM

313 posts, read 276,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
At the end of the day, anyone in this country illegally does not have the right or permission to be here and needs to go home. I don't care what race or nationality they are.

As Americans this is our home and we do not appreciate illegal aliens assuming that we are happy and willing to be the flop house to the world.
Some Americans think this way, some are in between, and some disagree altogether.

Do not speak for all Americans. Immigration legal or not is a grey area.

And if the governmemt doesn't want to close up the borders or if they want to give amnesty as an option, then maybe you should respect the AMERICAN government or go for election yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or