U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:58 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Not exactly, there are two: A "Conditional" two-year card that must go through "Removal of Conditions" prior to expiry for the status to stay valid (and be re-issued a ten-year Resident Card), and the ten-year Resident Card, where the card has an expiry date to be renewed, but the LPR status does not expire.
You are inputting information that isn't consistent with the hypo in the OP. Accordingly, I am neither an Entrepreneur nor am I here by way of K visa/marriage.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:04 PM

387 posts, read 270,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You are inputting information that isn't consistent with the hypo in the OP. Accordingly, I am neither an Entrepreneur nor am I here by way of K visa/marriage.
I am mildly curious. Why LR are you trying to make a low level person immigratable? You know it is virtually impossible without some exception condition.

I am curious as to why. Do the antis believe that one can't admit that regular low level Mexicans without US ties can never immigrate?

It is of course obvious and is perfectly reasonable position for the US. But you feel some need to make it possible?

Old 01-09-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
I am mildly curious. Why LR are you trying to make a low level person immigratable? You know it is virtually impossible without some exception condition.

I am curious as to why. Do the antis believe that one can't admit that regular low level Mexicans without US ties can never immigrate?

It is of course obvious and is perfectly reasonable position for the US. But you feel some need to make it possible?
Actually it is the pro illegals that claim that low level persons have no means to come here (I showed 3 simple ways they can), I am simply pointing out that they can (legally), they just choose to do it illegally.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 01-09-2012 at 08:29 PM..

Old 01-09-2012, 08:34 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times
Quote:

Why should they be allowed to come here? We don't need them. You have admitted this in other threads. It should be impossible. Instead we have millions of them who want to ignore what is best for America. They absurdly demand we Americans subsidize their idiotic decision to come here in violation of our laws and directly against our own self interest.

Why do you feel they should be given citizenship merely because they may have a cousin or daughter who lives here? Why are we supposed to allow people to have kids here when they are here without permission and then use those kids as an excuse to stay here and get access to the public purse?

Old 01-09-2012, 09:07 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
No, I am merely correcting your claim (complete with an eye-roll) that there is only one "class" of Resident Card. If both card variations pass their expiry date with nothing else done, in one case the immigrant goes out of status, the other doesn't lose it. People have become illegal immigrants from failure of the Removal of Conditions on the two-year Resident Card.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
No, I am merely correcting your claim (complete with an eye-roll) that there is only one "class" of Resident Card. If both card variations pass their expiry date with nothing else done, in one case the immigrant goes out of status, the other doesn't lose it. People have become illegal immigrants from failure of the Removal of Conditions on the two-year Resident Card.
It's still irrelevent to the discussion and doesn't hold for the hypo.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Actually it is the pro illegals that claim that low level persons have no means to come here (I showed 3 simple ways they can), I am simply pointing out that they can (legally), they just choose to do it illegally.
Ahh so...I thought you had lost your mind. But you were just defending your groups position.

Want to make a little bet about how many non degreed people have been admitted to the US on a TN?

Old 01-09-2012, 09:18 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
If you have pointed out three entire "simple ways" they can legally immigrate, how come they continue to come illegally? I've seen whole involved conspiracy theories on this forum, implying secret societies are directing every detail. There seems to be an exceptional amount of footwork to avoid an Occam's razor explanation.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Why should they be allowed to come here? We don't need them. You have admitted this in other threads. It should be impossible. Instead we have millions of them who want to ignore what is best for America. They absurdly demand we Americans subsidize their idiotic decision to come here in violation of our laws and directly against our own self interest.

Why do you feel they should be given citizenship merely because they may have a cousin or daughter who lives here? Why are we supposed to allow people to have kids here when they are here without permission and then use those kids as an excuse to stay here and get access to the public purse?
Eleanora...you simply don't listen very well.

I have said repeatedly and loudly that the Mexican illegal alien contingent should never have been allowed to occur. What part of that don't you understand?

I simply hold we take vastly less damage if we regularize those here and cut off new arrivals.

If you think about it you realize we have to be able to cut off new arrivals or we always end up back here again. Makes no difference whether we throw them out or regularize them. We still have to be able to stop the influx. If we cannot stop the influx it does not really matter what we do now does it?

I have made no comment about relative immigrants. I am actually pretty negative on all working age immigrants at this point in time. I don't particularly care who they are related to...the answer is no with rare exceptions.

Our rules on birth right citizenship are Constitutional and not going to change. If however their were no illegals here it would not be much of a problem would it?

Old 01-09-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Ahh so...I thought you had lost your mind. But you were just defending your groups position.

Quote:
Want to make a little bet about how many non degreed people have been admitted to the US on a TN?
Why would I bet, the number that use the TN is very low, I think less than 1,000 per year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or