U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 08:23 PM

373 posts, read 494,453 times

Advertisements

When the people we pay to enforse our laws wont do it we need to find a way to do their job for them. Perhaps if the contractors hiring illegals were "to be told" that "bad" things "might happen to them if they dont stop . If they dont then other things can happen,,,I will let you pick what,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 08:29 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,605,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I was just speaking with a local bricklayer. He said he is losing more jobs than ever under similar circumstances. What he has noted is companies in which 1 foreign-born individual has become naturalized, pursues a license and minimal insurance and then goes about hiring undocumented buddies. They give the homeowners breaks for cash, pay the undocumented day laborers cash.

We can't be legal and competitive. We have everything to lose while those working the system have everything to gain.
I've seen the bolded part happen before; it is also happening in other industries.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:18 PM

47,576 posts, read 59,037,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I've seen the bolded part happen before; it is also happening in other industries.
What's also going on along the border, these people are coming over claiming to be refugees and given refugee assistance and small business loans to open their businesses over here and they begin hiring all their relatives and friends.

You almost never see American citizens working in these immigrant businesses.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:02 AM

8,401 posts, read 9,603,410 times
I have lost a business to this as well. I'm in AZ so I guess I should have known better.
I have seen a friend in a bit of trouble from hiring illegals on his job site, they came to collect their money and they had bats to do it with. I think he learned a good lesson. If you hire illegally then you deal with thug tactics. They can't collect their money legally so they collect it mob style. I would be very careful as well letting them onto your property. They have friends they report to and they come back and take your stuff. They make their money in all sorts of ways. They may say it's cheap but in the end it's more plus a headache to go with it.
People really need to take this into their own hands, the government isn't going to turn away anyone. Don't use foreign labor, don't buy foreign goods people. I hear people complain about illegals and such knowing they buy from people who indorse illegals. A little research is needed that's all. If we all start doing this it will end but until then it just won't. Don't buy orange juice from people who hire illegal pickers, don't buy cabinets from people who hire them, etc. Tell them why you aren't buying it as well, maybe we can make a dent. People get excited and put up signs saying we hire Americans then nobody buys their stuff. It's sad, we all need to participate.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:42 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,886,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I have lost a business to this as well. I'm in AZ so I guess I should have known better.
I have seen a friend in a bit of trouble from hiring illegals on his job site, they came to collect their money and they had bats to do it with. I think he learned a good lesson. If you hire illegally then you deal with thug tactics. They can't collect their money legally so they collect it mob style. I would be very careful as well letting them onto your property. They have friends they report to and they come back and take your stuff. They make their money in all sorts of ways. They may say it's cheap but in the end it's more plus a headache to go with it.
People really need to take this into their own hands, the government isn't going to turn away anyone. Don't use foreign labor, don't buy foreign goods people. I hear people complain about illegals and such knowing they buy from people who indorse illegals. A little research is needed that's all. If we all start doing this it will end but until then it just won't. Don't buy orange juice from people who hire illegal pickers, don't buy cabinets from people who hire them, etc. Tell them why you aren't buying it as well, maybe we can make a dent. People get excited and put up signs saying we hire Americans then nobody buys their stuff. It's sad, we all need to participate.
There have been numerous incidents of not only theft, but also violence. Some have even been murdered by illegals they trusted to work at their homes.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:06 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,213,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Agreed. However we need to press our politicians to mandate e-verify and re-interpret birthright citizenship also or at least when bestowing benefits on a family require that the parents be here legally to qualify for them. These things would put a huge dent in illegal immigration. Take away all incentives to come here or to remain here and the problem would go down to a trickle.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Agreed. However we need to press our politicians to mandate e-verify and re-interpret birthright citizenship also or at least when bestowing benefits on a family require that the parents be here legally to qualify for them. These things would put a huge dent in illegal immigration. Take away all incentives to come here or to remain here and the problem would go down to a trickle.
This is exactly why our current and past presidents and members of Congress refuse to enforce our laws. Their corporate masters won't allow it.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is exactly why our current and past presidents and members of Congress refuse to enforce our laws. Their corporate masters won't allow it.
Not only that but these ethnocentric advocacy groups are becoming more and more powerful all the time and our politicians are grasping for their votes. Our country is being sold down the river for money, power and votes.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Not only that but these ethnocentric advocacy groups are becoming more and more powerful all the time and our politicians are grasping for their votes. Our country is being sold down the river for money, power and votes.
True. I suspect eventually, it will be considered a "hate crime" for anyone to attempt to enforce our laws against "Hispanic" illegal aliens. I'm sick of the pandering.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
True. I suspect eventually, it will be considered a "hate crime" for anyone to attempt to enforce our laws against "Hispanic" illegal aliens. I'm sick of the pandering.
It already is considered to be hate by the ethnocentrics in this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration