U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 11:11 AM

12,794 posts, read 12,795,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconman View Post
This just proves that there are ways to deal with illegal immigration in spite of what our wishy washie politicians say. Canada uses a work permit system that is simple and effective.
As if anyone wants to live in Canada. It's easy to maintain an immigration system when you have so few immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 11:13 AM

12,794 posts, read 12,795,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Exactly. When I was a college student in the early/mid 90s, we had a lot of international students on campus, and they were always so 'disgusted' by our treatment of those innocent illegal aliens who wanted to only fulfill their dreams...yadda yadda yadda.

I was gratified to see the Germans completely wig out a few years later over the Turks (seen with my own eyes when I spent 6 weeks there in '99), the Brits wig about the eastern europeans, and now the French are actually giving someone the boot.

Wish I could find some of those dumbasses from college and see what they have to say about this.
Europe has deep financial problems and a history that's not exactly open to people who are different. I'm not sure this is the model we should be praising.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:08 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Europe has deep financial problems and a history that's not exactly open to people who are different. I'm not sure this is the model we should be praising.
perhaps. But we should praise enforcement of immigration laws.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:16 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,327,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Wingers? There should be admiration for any country's government that has the guts and common sense to limit immigration and in particular enforce their immigration laws against illegal aliens. Why should common sense be limited to a particular political party? No matter what party you are affiliated with why wouldn't any loyal American advocate for that?
Your right, you said it, there should admiration, for any Country which has the friggin guts and for sure common sense to limit their immigration and to enforce their current immigtration laws.

No matter what Country, or what State, at some point sticking up for what is right, is the right thing to do, no matter where you live.

Too bad really our President past and present, has not had the guts to do the same.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:20 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconman View Post
This just proves that there are ways to deal with illegal immigration in spite of what our wishy washie politicians say. Canada uses a work permit system that is simple and effective.
If France can do it -- what's wrong with our government that it claims it cannot enforce any law regarding immigration?

Old 01-14-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
The USA has deep financial problems and our goal with immigration should be about people who want to be law abiding Americans. Not about having all these different peoples. You seem to want the USA like Kosovo, have Balkinization of this country.

When we need immigrants we need those who can support themselves, who can learn English and can assimilate into American culture. If they wish to remain different they can stay home and be that.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:27 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,564,739 times
strange 1st thread i have seen on france where they were not bashing the french. a little empathy for other nations is a promising sign in the heart of a nation that has been pretty self centered. france and america have something in common both desperately trying to hold on to the good life and both overrun by illegals and criminally inclined legal immigrants.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:30 AM

1,310 posts, read 909,448 times
Quote:
I praise it. Europe is for Europeans. Asia is for Asians. Africa is for Africans. America is for everybody. I support human biodiversity and cultural diversity. The European countries who are tiring of multiculturalism aren't "intolerant" of these groups, they are frustrated with their refusal to assimilate.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:35 AM

Besides -- comparing deportation with what took place in Germany years ago is the stupidest comparison. Mexico is not a gas chamber. There is absolutely no comparison whatsoever between simply returning people to their own homeland and killing them. No comparison whatsoever.

There is an American citizen in Iran right now who would not mind being deported back to the USA versus them keeping him there until the end of his days.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:38 PM

387 posts, read 271,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If France can do it -- what's wrong with our government that it claims it cannot enforce any law regarding immigration?
French illegal population is 0.8%. The US is 3.5%. Ours is embedded in a large sympathic segment of the legal population.

If we reduced our illegal population to .8% we could probably manage it as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration