Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 06:37 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Benicar was clear to me: the ILLEGAL aliens have helped clog up the whole system of immigration since the former have to be dealt with by the justice system leaving less resources to handle the legal aliens.
Oh My Word...

The separate federal agencies of CBP (Customs and Border Protection) and USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service) can't even be differentiated here?...

(USCIS is funded solely from petition fees. No other agency is able to dip into that amount. Their system is completely self-sustaining.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I can't make it any simpler. We do not have the capacity for unlimited immigration. Illegal aliens from Mexico have used Mexico's slots and countless other countries. After all, we currently have at least 10% of the entire citizenry of Mexico living in this country, and according to recent data, the majority are here illegally. Imagine if we had at least 10% of the citizens of every country in the world living in the United States. I shudder to think.

And yes, I will continue to voice my opposition to this devastating invasion. If that's "screaming" -- so be it.
Define the "slot" an illegal alien fills when they are not even processing through the system...

Quote:
Thank you! Indeed they have made a mess of our entire immigration system, and our economy. I can't believe anyone would even attempt to deny it. But, those with an amnesty agenda must continue to follow script.
It's now pretty easy to understand how my stance is mistaken here...

I can't educate the members here how to reasonably strengthen their arguments into anything approaching reality...

Seriously, I hear howling at the moon when I see there is not an inkling of understanding to how immigration actually works...

I'm not arguing with how you feel, or the archaic notions you hold, but rather how the your basic logic is impossible to resolve...

City-Data should also hold an "Uninformed Post" contest, Yac himself has commented and closed entirely topics based on it...

If that isn't enough reality for you guys and gals, I don't know what is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 07:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Oh My Word...

The separate federal agencies of CBP (Customs and Border Protection) and USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service) can't even be differentiated here?...

(USCIS is funded solely from petition fees. No other agency is able to dip into that amount. Their system is completely self-sustaining.)

Define the "slot" an illegal alien fills when they are not even processing through the system...

It's now pretty easy to understand how my stance is mistaken here...

I can't educate the members here how to reasonably strengthen their arguments into anything approaching reality...

Seriously, I hear howling at the moon when I see there is not an inkling of understanding to how immigration actually works...

I'm not arguing with how you feel, or the archaic notions you hold, but rather how the your basic logic is impossible to resolve...

City-Data should also hold an "Uninformed Post" contest, Yac himself has commented and closed entirely topics based on it...

If that isn't enough reality for you guys and gals, I don't know what is...
If you don't believe us; then post up some links to PROVE we're wrong.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:35 PM

387 posts, read 337,523 times
Quote:
Really? Tell that to the patients in Atlanta who are now without a dialysis clinic due to illegal aliens; and the countless hospitals facing budget deficits exacerbated by non-paying illegal aliens.

The Breaking Point - Closing of Dialysis Unit Hits Illegal Immigrants Hard - Series - NYTimes.com

Rising health care costs put focus on illegal immigrants - USATODAY.com

Illegal immigrants burden UMC - News - ReviewJournal.com
You do like to beat the obvious to death. Dialysis is a process that should not be done on an emergency basis but we choose to force it that way. I believe the results in Vegas and likely in Atlanta was that the cost of treating dialysis patients went up and the probability of killing them also went up. A successful lose lose.

From your source..

The June issue of the American Journal of Kidney Diseases reported on a Texas study that found that the cost of dialysis care was 3.7 times greater when done through the emergency room than through the usual doctor-guided treatment program at a dialysis center.

Two of the three are busted. The third deals with anchor babies. Anchor babies are US citizens and therefore have rights to welfare services.

First two are right wing propaganda. The third notes illegals are a part of the problem but not a big one.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:00 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
If you don't believe us; then post up some links to PROVE we're wrong.
You actually want me to source that USCIS is funded by petition fees?...

How am I going to make up all of the details provided if I was lying?...

Old 01-20-2012, 12:59 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
You do like to beat the obvious to death. Dialysis is a process that should not be done on an emergency basis but we choose to force it that way. I believe the results in Vegas and likely in Atlanta was that the cost of treating dialysis patients went up and the probability of killing them also went up. A successful lose lose.

From your source..

The June issue of the American Journal of Kidney Diseases reported on a Texas study that found that the cost of dialysis care was 3.7 times greater when done through the emergency room than through the usual doctor-guided treatment program at a dialysis center.
The patients at Grady Memorial were not being treated on an emergency basis. They were being treated as regular outpatients, of course, at taxpayers' expense. However, some illegals deliberately wait until their condition becomes an emergency, knowing they can't be denied treatment in our ERs. And yes, dialysis through the ER costs substantially more. But, why should they care? After all, they will never have to pay.

Quote:
ATLANTA — Twenty-one illegal immigrants will continue to receive regular dialysis at no cost for three years under an agreement disclosed Friday by Atlanta’s public hospital, Grady Memorial, and the world’s largest dialysis provider, Fresenius Medical Care.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/10/health/10grady.html

More generosity. . .

Quote:
Some of the Grady dialysis patients have chosen to return to their countries, encouraged by the hospital’s offer of free airfare, cash payments, three months of paid dialysis and assistance in seeking insurance or other long-term remedies. Others are trying their luck in states where Medicaid policies may be less restrictive.
Yet, despite having received "free" treatment, and the generosity of the hospital, they chose to sue. Mind you, the closure is a direct result of their non-payment and overwhelming the system. . . .

Quote:
But most remain in Atlanta, taking full advantage of a last-minute offer by the hospital, in response to a lawsuit, to pay for three months of dialysis at commercial clinics.
This lady chose to spend the money so generously offered to pay for her dialysis. . . .

Quote:
After hearing that the clinic would close, Ms. Perez, 32, set out for Alabama on Sept. 6 because cousins told her they might be able to procure dialysis there. Grady was not yet offering its deal for three months of treatment, and instead gave her $1,300, enough to cover dialysis for a week or two.

Ms. Perez said the money was quickly spent on rent, food and transportation. After going without dialysis for 16 days, she walked into an emergency room near Birmingham, which found that the potassium levels in her blood were high enough to require immediate filtration. Eight days later, she did the same at another Birmingham hospital.
The Breaking Point - Closing of Dialysis Unit Hits Illegal Immigrants Hard - Series - NYTimes.com

Quote:
Two of the three are busted. The third deals with anchor babies. Anchor babies are US citizens and therefore have rights to welfare services.
Please provide proof that two of the three are busted. As for the anchor baby video, the mother is an illegal alien who entered this country for the sole purpose of giving birth. The fact that our government chooses to misinterpret the 14th Amendment, does not change her motives or her mode of entry into this country. Nor does it change the fact that U.S. taxpayers were forced to foot the bills for her delivery and millions others who have no right to even be here. The costs are staggering.

Quote:
First two are right wing propaganda. The third notes illegals are a part of the problem but not a big one.
Again, please provide proof to refute the videos and articles posted. Your opinion that they are right-wing propaganda is just that. . . . Your Opinion.

Oh, let's not forget the countless organ transplants illegals receive at taxpayers' expense.

Quote:
LOS ANGELES - Ana Puente was an infant with a liver disorder when her aunt brought her illegally to the United States to seek medical care. She underwent two liver transplants at the University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center as a child in 1989 and a third in 1998, each paid for by the state.
And this. . .

Quote:
Late last month Puente learned of another, little-known option for patients with certain healthcare needs. If she notified US Citizenship and Immigration Services that she was in the country illegally, state health officials might grant her full coverage through Medi-Cal, the state health services assistance program for the poor. Puente did so, her benefits were restored, and she is awaiting a fourth transplant at UCLA.
I'm sure this was a "life-saving" procedure.

Quote:
Proving that the illegal immigration crisis is not limited to border states, an undocumented alien in a Midwest prison for a felony conviction fleeced U.S. taxpayers for tens of thousands of dollars worth of medical care, including surgery for an inflatable penis pump.

Incredibly, the mandatory coverage includes penis pumps, which in this particular case, was billed as an “emergency†medical procedure that cost taxpayers $50,000. Jailed for identity theft, the illegal immigrant has also incurred tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills in addition to that emergency penis pump surgery.
Taxpayer-Funded Penis Pump For Jailed Illegal Alien | Judicial Watch

Old 01-20-2012, 02:30 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:

From your source..

Besides the criminal act of crossing that IS the biggest issue today. We keep hearing that they only want to work? Ya right. Sure. They only want to abuse the social service network too. If they didn't then why wouldn't they return to their homeland to give birth before returning to said "job". They didn't before the border conditions got tough either.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
The patients at Grady Memorial were not being treated on an emergency basis. They were being treated as regular outpatients, of course, at taxpayers' expense. However, some illegals deliberately wait until their condition becomes an emergency, knowing they can't be denied treatment in our ERs. And yes, dialysis through the ER costs substantially more. But, why should they care? After all, they will never have to pay.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/10/health/10grady.html

More generosity. . .

Yet, despite having received "free" treatment, and the generosity of the hospital, they chose to sue. Mind you, the closure is a direct result of their non-payment and overwhelming the system. . . .

This lady chose to spend the money so generously offered to pay for her dialysis. . . .

Please provide proof that two of the three are busted. As for the anchor baby video, the mother is an illegal alien who entered this country for the sole purpose of giving birth. The fact that our government chooses to misinterpret the 14th Amendment, does not change her motives or her mode of entry into this country. Nor does it change the fact that U.S. taxpayers were forced to foot the bills for her delivery and millions others who have no right to even be here. The costs are staggering.
From UTube

Testimony about "51 Florida Hospitals in trouble" due to illegal aliens expenses NoillegalAliens

Subscribe

Subscribed

Unsubscribe

23 videos Sign in or sign up now!
Loading... This video is not currently available

Your dislike of the Constitution in no way changes what it means.

Quote:
Again, please provide proof to refute the videos and articles posted. Your opinion that they are right-wing propaganda is just that. . . . Your Opinion.

Oh, let's not forget the countless organ transplants illegals receive at taxpayers' expense.

And this. . .
A simple test. As soon as one includes the cost to treat or care for children born in the US you have right wing propaganda.

Quote:

I'm sure this was a "life-saving" procedure.

Taxpayer-Funded Penis Pump For Jailed Illegal Alien | Judicial Watch
That is a single anecdote of dubious providence from a small newspaper in MN.

I doubt its truth and even if true it is an irrelevant screwup by some jerk.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:08 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
From UTube

Testimony about "51 Florida Hospitals in trouble" due to illegal aliens expenses NoillegalAliens

Subscribe

Subscribed

Unsubscribe

23 videos Sign in or sign up now!
Loading... This video is not currently available

Your dislike of the Constitution in no way changes what it means.

A simple test. As soon as one includes the cost to treat or care for children born in the US you have right wing propaganda.

That is a single anecdote of dubious providence from a small newspaper in MN.

I doubt its truth and even if true it is an irrelevant screwup by some jerk.
It doesn't matter; people are getting tired of the illegal invasion. You can take that to the bank. Just the insulting comments directed towards Hispanics as a group is growing and NOT just from anglo white people.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
It doesn't matter; people are getting tired of the illegal invasion. You can take that to the bank. Just the insulting comments directed towards Hispanics as a group is growing and NOT just from anglo white people.
Just as they did of the Germans and Irish and Italians. It will pass.

I believe the illegals are a substantial problem that needs to be dealt with and the sooner the better. I do not however believe that is going to happen as both sides have veto power and are unable to compromise.

The real hope for a solution is that Mexico does better and better over the next years. Few Mexicans are enamored of the US except as an economic opportunity. If that lessens the flow may even invert.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:05 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Just as they did of the Germans and Irish and Italians. It will pass.

I believe the illegals are a substantial problem that needs to be dealt with and the sooner the better. I do not however believe that is going to happen as both sides have veto power and are unable to compromise.

The real hope for a solution is that Mexico does better and better over the next years. Few Mexicans are enamored of the US except as an economic opportunity. If that lessens the flow may even invert.
America needs to help that along by rolling up the welcome mat to the South for criminal crossers and over stays. Tough love, so to speak. Give the tax payers some relief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration