U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-15-2012, 12:47 PM
 
387 posts, read 270,806 times
Reputation: 40

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The hispanic population and birth rate is NOT decreasing strongly. It is increasing strongly throughout the USA. Many cities are fast becoming majority hispanic - and that is NOT the result of people whose families have lived many generations in the USA such as New Mexicans or Tejanos all packing up and relocating to one city. Those people relocate the same as other Americans - as individuals and for reasons like job transfers but they do not move as entire neighborhoods. Also those who have lived many generations in the USA don't need services provided them in Spanish so that's another clue.

Hispanics that are poor are poor because they breed irresponsibly. That's whether they are back home in their own country, or here.

Another problem with the comparison of birth rates is the tendency of illegals to give birth at extremely young ages. If there are 33 births per 1000, many of those were girls below age 20. By age 30, many of them will be grandmothers, and the American women are just getting around to having their first baby at that point.

Illegals are not from the responsible portion of their country's people. They are not the ones who delay childbirth until after marriage or a job or a diploma. They cannot become middle class even where the cost of living is much lower than the US's for those reasons.

In Mexico if one remains in school, finishes school, obtains some job skills and a job and marries before starting a family, that individual stands a very good chance of joining Mexico's large and growing middle class.

We're getting those who choose the other route -- having children they can never afford back home because they make poor choices. Having 4 kids before age 20 is not going to get you middle class status here or there -- but here it brings in all kinds of welfare handouts which is the real reason illegals prefer to stay here even while our unemployment rates are double that of their own country.
Of course the hispanic population is not decreasing. Nobody suggested it was. The number of illegals is down from its peak but likely increasing again.

The birth rate of Hispanic females ages 15 to 17 has decreased from 69.2 births per thousand in 1991 to 41 in 2009. For 18-19 year olds it has gone from 155.5 to 114. This would indicate that the number of women with four children before 20 is quite small. Overall the birth rate of Hispanics is down sharply year over year.

So it would appear that you folks are inventing the problem of multiple children to gain welfare. It is not happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-15-2012, 12:59 PM
 
373 posts, read 488,964 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Of course the hispanic population is not decreasing. Nobody suggested it was. The number of illegals is down from its peak but likely increasing again.

The birth rate of Hispanic females ages 15 to 17 has decreased from 69.2 births per thousand in 1991 to 41 in 2009. For 18-19 year olds it has gone from 155.5 to 114. This would indicate that the number of women with four children before 20 is quite small. Overall the birth rate of Hispanics is down sharply year over year.

So it would appear that you folks are inventing the problem of multiple children to gain welfare. It is not happening.
Thats just what you say....Numbers can say anything. Its what we see with our own eyes that matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2012, 01:02 PM
 
387 posts, read 270,806 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconman View Post
Thats just what you say....Numbers can say anything. Its what we see with our own eyes that matters.
And that is what one always say when the statistics do not support your position...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2012, 01:35 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
And that is what one always say when the statistics do not support your position...
It depends on where you get your statistics -- the government obviously has no clue, if it reports there are only 10 million illegals, you can be sure there are double or triple that because the government itself will insist it cannot find the illegals to deport them. If it doesn't know where they are to enforce the laws, then it doesn't know where they are to count them.

One clue -- the government officials have been claming there are 10 million illegals for over the past decade, even while it admits a million come over the border undetected every year.

Apprehensions along the border are down, but that sure doesn't mean illegal crossings are down, only that they aren't bothering to catch them to deport them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2012, 02:16 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
You're kidding right? You find ONE Guatemalan in the hoards of millions of anchor babies (primarily from Mexico) in your sad attempt to discredit one story and the reality of the invasion of America courtesy of illegal aliens primarily from SOB?

Speaking of updates, here's one that you need to take a little look at:

Immigration Counters.com - Live Counters, News, Resources


No, the "Anchor Babies" aren't "primarily from Mexico", some of their parents would be...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2012, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
We have too many poor people here. We need to slow down immigration from anywhere and especially Latin America till the the US gets better.
The sponsors of legal immigrants (like I did for my wife and stepchildren) are required to prove that the entire household will be at least 125% above the poverty level. Legal immigrants pay into the system, and cannot draw benefits from that system until they have been able to naturalize (three years wait in the most optimal conditions) or they have five years as a Legal Permanent Resident. So in reality, legal immigration means we are not importing more poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2012, 02:42 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,423,070 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
No, the "Anchor Babies" aren't "primarily from Mexico", some of their parents would be...

Aww, darn it you caught me, I misspoke.

TOPIC:

Some of the parents? How about the majority of the parents. It must be tough never having a valid argument for anything posted that doesn't agree with your equality for illegal aliens stance. I can feel it in my bones, one of these days you are going to surprise us all by posting a legitimate response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2012, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why quivel about whose numbers are correct? The fact remains that thousands of anchor babies are born on our soil each year at the taxpayer expense and that entitles them to support from our tax coffers until they are 18 years of age. Why not just admit that their parents violated our immigration laws and this wouldn't be happening if they hadn't done that regardless of what the numbers/dollars are? You want to focus instead on arguing the stats of what you regard as anti-"immigration" groups with some kind of bias in this. Who cares what one's supposed motives are? The fact is that this is happening in our country over and over and it isn't pocket change.
Why quibble that the entire operating costs of the Coast Guard are attributable to illegal immigration?...

FAIR says that is true, do you believe it?...

What is it when someone advances a number (50 million illegal aliens in the United States) that is not borne up by other statistics? Either the birthrate is dramatically off expectations, or their population number is wrong. Those that want to count illegal aliens for themselves can't even agree on a figure.

What is your reputable source that doesn't attribute the budget of the Coast Guard entirely to illegal immigration?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2012, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
These are a fact.
Please provide a link that provides proof that illegals only do jobs that americans are too lazy to do.
While your at it please provide a link that shows that illegals earning the wages is better for the economy than if legals earned those same dollars or a legal wage.
You stated that these are facts now prove your facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2012, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Check how many births there are in California both to foreign born women and to women with less than a grade school education. That will show you where those maternity wards are. Also look at all the hospitals along the border where it's easy to get a "border crossing card" and come and give birth in the USA.
Yeah, my "New Grandbaby" had a "foreign-born" mother, are you calling all Legal Permanent Resident mothers "illegal aliens" with "Anchor Babies"?...

How about posting some of those statistics you are seeing?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top