Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 01:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Now this is worrisome. Illegals getting government issued IDs which will let them stay, work and vote because, after all, it's a government issued ID.

These 14 got caught but how many more are out there doing the same ?

14 people charged in KC in immigration scam - KTEN.com Sherman Denison Ardmore News Weather Sports
Phillips said in a written statement. "Conspirators operated a vast black market where identities were bought and sold. It's crucial for business and public safety that we maintain the integrity of government-issued IDs. Those who profited from this illegal scheme will be held accountable."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 02:08 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Charges in immigration scam filed against 14 people in Kansas City

I posted about this yesterday.

I agree...this sort of thing is a huge concern.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:10 PM

Sorry af..didn't see your post. Odd..not a single comment. And the only comment in mine is yours.
Seems no one cares eh ?

Old 01-12-2012, 03:20 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Sorry af..didn't see your post. Odd..not a single comment. And the only comment in mine is yours.
Seems no one cares eh ?
It's OK.

It's interesting that no one on here cares. You'd think the regular posters on the illegal immigration forum would be infuriated about something like this.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:48 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
It's OK.

It's interesting that no one on here cares. You'd think the regular posters on the illegal immigration forum would be infuriated about something like this.
Of course we care and are outraged. As for myself I don't often comment on new's stories about crimes that illegal aliens commit either. That doesn't mean I don't care obviously because I vehemently object to illegal immigration. I have often said that the employers (and accomplices such as those in this incident) and the illegals are equally guilty.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:43 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
Here's another one I found. Note that the perpetrators were each charged with 1 count with the max sentence at 15 years.
AP Newswire | Stars and Stripes (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CB_PUERTO_RICO_DOCUMENT_FRAUD?SITE=DCSAS&SECTION=H OME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&utm_source=feedburner&utm_med ium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tbo%2Fap%2Fworld+%28 AP+World+News%29 - broken link)

Considering no one gets the max and there were obviously numerous documents that changed hands I think 1 count is very low. Hell, they will probably plea bargain and get probation. And citizenship to boot LOL.

Sorry, I don't comment much because I just get too depressed.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Of course we care and are outraged. As for myself I don't often comment on new's stories about crimes that illegal aliens commit either. That doesn't mean I don't care obviously because I vehemently object to illegal immigration. I have often said that the employers (and accomplices such as those in this incident) and the illegals are equally guilty.
Only now the corruption has infiltrated USG offices and they are getting government issued ID's.

How is an employer to know it's the result of fraud ? They don't.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Almost all illegals are commiting felony document fraud.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:05 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
It's OK.

Yes, we all should be outraged over this.

Illegals are being encouraged by the federal government to break any law they please and commit crimes that would get American citizens prison time.

The violent cartels control much of the stolen ID business. Illegals will gladly associate with their violent cartels to be smuggled over the border but also for their stolen social security numbers, stolen border crossing cards, and any kind of document the cartel will get them.

This is all about organized crime because that controls all this.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
It's OK.

I've been too busy watching world events, didn't even know about this happening in my own town. Thanks for the heads-up.

Oh, wait, it happened in St. Joseph. (I-29 corridor north for illegals migrating)

Quote:
"St. Joseph was the hub of a criminal conspiracy for thousands of illegal aliens who traveled to Missouri from across the country," Phillips said in a written statement. "Conspirators operated a vast black market where identities were bought and sold. It's crucial for business and public safety that we maintain the integrity of government-issued IDs. Those who profited from this illegal scheme will be held accountable."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration