Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 09:12 PM

447 posts, read 798,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I would like to hear the president's response to your story..

God Bless...

lakeloader...thank you for your reply...i would say though, i wrote to the president in 1996, bill clinton...no response.
and now i have sent a letter to president bush, too...i would love to hear from either...but i doubt that will ever happen...who knows, could happen i guess....we'll just have to wait and see. thanks for the concern. god bless, to you, also.

macmeal,
i am sorry to hear about your unfortunate battle in court, i think the problem with the judicial system is instead of being "justice" it really is all about the judges... it is simply "just us" referring to the judges.
when my husband was injured, he had just purchased his motorcycle, though having a motorcycle lisence in california, he hadn't renewed it in new mexico when we moved here, because he'd sold the motorcycle he'd brought from california with us, and hadn't really thought he'd buy another one,.
so at the hospital , after arresting the drunk driver , illegal immigrant, the police came and asked me if my husband had a motorcycle endorsement...my husband was in surgery as the doctors wanted to repair a dislocated hip, shattered leg, and broken thumb, i told them that my husband worked 50 hours a week and could not find time to go to the mvd because when he got off work, the mvd was already closed, and that he'd only had the motorcycle for two weeks.he was working on getting it the next week, taking a vacation day to do it.
they told me regrettably that they would have to issue my husband a ticket for not having a motorcycle endorsement.they didn't want to do it, but were only following the law....
my husband spent 8 days in intensive care and was released, only having to appear in court to defend himself with an external fixator attached to his leg, holding his leg together, standing on crutches, with a cast on his arm, and bruises all over is body three days after getting out of the hospital...had he not showed up, he would have eventually been arrested himself for failure to appear. nice little kick in the tail, right?
when the judge came in he proclaimed that he was the "substitute " judge, and he did not want to hear anyone plead guilty, because he wanted to make it a short court day, he had to golf...and if they did, he would change their plea and plead them not guilty anyway.....
well, everyone else stood up , pled not guilty, everyone but my husband...the judge told him to shut up, read a book of codes, and dismissed the case, because the police had written the code wrong,
then the judge proceded in telling my husband the reason he'd tod him to be quiet was because if he'd admitted guilt and later, the d.a. wanted to charge him with the right code, he would have to testify he'd admitted to guilt to him, and he'd have to appear as a witness in court, and he didn't want to do that either...didn't want to do his job....cute.
of course we couldn't believe what happened, but it had, so we went home.
what else does someone do?
it's a shame that people can file vidictive lawsuits and a person is forced to hire an attorney to defend themselves, then be told what you were told about suing for what sounds like reasonable causes, it's sad no-one will force the law to protect what are your rights to do... it is sad that it could happen...but it is happening in many many more issues than illegal immigration, in every aspect of government, i'm afraid.
people are tired...america is tired...and maybe, government is tired too.
sad , sad state for such a great nation.
there are rules in the victims rights act, that say the disrtict attorney must do certain things, that it is their soul duty to protect the victims rights, yet a clause that says, even though they have the responsibilty to make certain these rights are protected, they are immune from prosecution or law suit if they fail to honor these rights...
double talk...no-one is accountable...especially not the ones who fail you.
buck passing...nothing more...
a bunch of babies when they're ...caught pointing fingers.

to any others reading
as i see it, the only way this america is going to stand tall ,is if it's citizens take her back,i'm not talking about any violence, either..that's just not the answer...( i couldv'e bonded mr. flores out with it being a mear 250 dollars, my husbands friends even asked me if they could, so they could break his leg, and beat him near death, but i didn't and i didn't let them either, because i wanted justice from the courts, and i don't believe in that kind of violence )
i think things happen for a reason. maybe my speaking out may help prevent it in the future...big task for one person... it shouldn't be that way... any victim victimzed by the system should speak out.... anyone who is concerned about policy, should speak up...how else will they ever be forced to uphold the laws? lobby, protest what you want to happen, whether it's on the issue of illegal immigration, on a border fence, on any issue that makes your blood boil,tell the elected officials what you personally want changed...it is their duty to honor our requests they do that by placing their hand on what the supreme court has begun to make illegal... unreal!
double talk.

if you are as unhappy as i am, then encourage people to force these people to listen, write letters, make phone calls....email them, whatever, but never , never forget they are our employees, and with that, we can fire them, if we are unhappy with their performance.tell them that you want accountability in government, because, isn't that really what this topic is about?
macmeal , you are right in saying that this world isn't what it used to be like in the 50's..though,that's not when i was born, i can see what you mean.
justice was swift back then, and people really didn't worry about crime as much...certainly the number of illegal immigrants was very low, and those illegals were hardly ever seen, much less breaking any other laws, for fear of deportation, or worse. they did not expect a handout, all they ever wanted was a hand-up...they worked very hard to earn a days pay, and eventually they became legal , learned english and still didn't have to give up their culutre because of it...but for the most part, most people followed the rules.
nope...it's not like the 50's at all....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 08:30 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Illegals are coming to America because America wants them. Illegals are NOT destroying America--AMERICANS are destroying America !!
Do not speak for me! I am an American. I do not want illegals! The government and Sanctuary cities are ruining American by not enforcing the laws already on the books!

Old 09-13-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Junkman18
Do not be discouraged by some of the posts. Some people are not happy in life.
Your story is terrible and I am afraid that you are not alone. It is by telling your stories of unfortunate dispare that will bring attention to the illegal problem.....
Yes there is a problem too.....
There are some that want to disagree, and that is a scary thought. Because anyone that has lived in Texas, AZ, CA, Idaho, NV, NM, to start with has a serious problem with illegals economically, criminally etc.
How much more can we take.
I believe it was Dateline that exposed a Texas town I believe that was a blink you miss it place that kept adding on to their post office.
Well, come to find out it was because of all the illegals that were getting checks from our government.
They would come over the border get their checks cash them and cross back over into Mexico.
No wonder we are viewed upon by other nations as idiots most of the time.
Ditto! When I lived in Texas I had my cars hit by uninsured Illegal Aliens TWICE! Guess who paid for the damages???? And that pales in comparison to the money they are sucking out of our taxpayer dollars. Hell we could all pay $20 for a quart of strawberries if we weren't paying billions to subsidize illegals in this country. The founding fathers would be rolling in their graves if they heard what the left wing loons are saying about this. Do you really think our soldiers fought and died for THIS????

Old 09-13-2007, 09:57 AM

273 posts, read 249,333 times
Put our troops on the border and watch how fast things change.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:05 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
I would be willing to pay extra for safe spinach!

Old 09-13-2007, 10:13 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Ditto! When I lived in Texas I had my cars hit by uninsured Illegal Aliens TWICE! Guess who paid for the damages???? And that pales in comparison to the money they are sucking out of our taxpayer dollars. Hell we could all pay $20 for a quart of strawberries if we weren't paying billions to subsidize illegals in this country. The founding fathers would be rolling in their graves if they heard what the left wing loons are saying about this. Do you really think our soldiers fought and died for THIS????
my late grandfather who was a World War 2 vet and a TX native would be in tears now, if he saw what is happening to the country and the state he fought so hard in WW II to protect.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I would be willing to pay extra for safe spinach!
This reminds me of the time a bunch of illegals were working on building a house on some acreage adjacent to our raw acreage back in Texas. We caught the illegals crapping on our land! We had no trespassing signs up but of course they couldn't read them. We ran them off. Our woods were littered with toliet paper and human feces. Lovely people.......

Old 09-13-2007, 02:12 PM

2 posts, read 4,170 times
illegals are not destroying america. at least my husband is not.he is a uk resident and currently lives in the uk. i am not able to help him to get to the U.S. however, he makes way more money than i do. he has a profressional certificates in computer. he can get a car, house. he would not have to depend on the govt for any public aide. he wants to contribute to the american society by starting a business. so you see, don't categorize all illegals as not contributing to america, taking away from america. some people just want opportunities.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:35 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Does he live here? If not he isnt illegal. If he does he is. He needs to come legally, and he would be a welcome member.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:59 PM

447 posts, read 798,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosediva7 View Post
illegals are not destroying america. at least my husband is not.he is a uk resident and currently lives in the uk. i am not able to help him to get to the U.S. however, he makes way more money than i do. he has a profressional certificates in computer. he can get a car, house. he would not have to depend on the govt for any public aide. he wants to contribute to the american society by starting a business. so you see, don't categorize all illegals as not contributing to america, taking away from america. some people just want opportunities.

rosediva: sounds like your husband isn't even here yet, and though the seperation may be killing you, i have to advise you and him to do things legally...suggestions would be : go to your local immigration and naturalization office, and they can point you in the right direction in getting him here legally...but i cannot stress enough the fact that doing it LEGALLY is the only right way of doing it.
i am no expert in immigration law, but i feel safe in saying there is a way to do it, there may be a wait in doing so...but if done legally, he will be welcomed with loving arms...just like all the rest of the legal immigrants.

no-one here, or at least the majority of us on this forum, is not against immigration, we are simply against ILLEGAL immigration...big difference.....
if anyone doubts that, just read the posts...they are clear as day...
trust me, if you were affected by one of these illegal's (and pardon me in saying, that if one american or legal immigrant is ever hurt, maimed or killed by an illegal immigrant, then we have all been affected ...
remember 9-11...all of the terrorists were here ILLEGALLY, by failing to renew their tourist and student visa's... now i'm not saying that all illegal immigrants are here to do criminal deeds, and not all are a threat to our nation in the same way that those men were,, but anyone here illegally, is still breaking the law, and in the end, is a threat in some small way to homeland security, because we do not truly know their intentions)
you'd probably be just as angry as the posters on this forum, too, if in some way you'd been hurt by one of these people or if one killed someone who you love, like teri march whose husband, a policeman was murdered by an illegal immigrant or me, whose husband was severly injured, almost killed by an illegal immigrant who was so drunk he decided to drive, and had no car eof who he hurt by doing so ...open your eyes, illegal immigration, is one of the issues that is hurting our nation...believe it not not.
one question i do have is what is your nationality? enquiring minds want to know....as for me....i am proud to say i am american.....and these colors do not run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration