U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 10:49 AM

373 posts, read 488,474 times

Advertisements

Lets make it simple ..Illegals aliens are breaking the friggin law. Any home owner has a right to do whatever he can to prevent them from breaking the friggin law WHILE ON HIS PROPERTY,,, case n point..period. No fast talkin lawyer can change that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 11:06 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconman View Post
Lets make it simple ..Illegals aliens are breaking the friggin law. Any home owner has a right to do whatever he can to prevent them from breaking the friggin law WHILE ON HIS PROPERTY,,, case n point..period. No fast talkin lawyer can change that.
You're not really understanding the concept of law then. A property owner cannot react disproportionately to the violation. "Whatever he can" is a bit open-ended in any occasion.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:44 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
What is funny - while some will claim all illegals work harder than all Americans (I guess because they're some superior race or something) where I live, every day there is something in the news about some idiot being scammed -- some "contractor" took their money and never did the job. They never want to put the truth about these idiot "victims" who thought they were hiring an great illegal contractor that would save them money because they didn't want to spend the extra dime to hire licensed and bonded American contractors.

I even know people who got bilked -- one paid $1000 to a landscape contractor to buy supplies and he never came back, one lost $400. People are stupid enough to pay these guys even thousands of dollars figuring this cheap non-licensed, non-bonded contractor will provide them cheap illegals to do the work.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:52 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What is funny - while some will claim all illegals work harder than all Americans (I guess because they're some superior race or something) where I live, every day there is something in the news about some idiot being scammed -- some "contractor" took their money and never did the job. They never want to put the truth about these idiot "victims" who thought they were hiring an great illegal contractor that would save them money because they didn't want to spend the extra dime to hire licensed and bonded American contractors.

I even know people who got bilked -- one paid $1000 to a landscape contractor to buy supplies and he never came back, one lost $400. People are stupid enough to pay these guys even thousands of dollars figuring this cheap non-licensed, non-bonded contractor will provide them cheap illegals to do the work.
When will they learn there is no honor among thieves? It's beyond stupid to believe a contractor who is unscrupulous enough to knowingly and willfully employ illegal aliens, is anything other than a crook.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:17 PM

387 posts, read 270,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
When will they learn there is no honor among thieves? It's beyond stupid to believe a contractor who is unscrupulous enough to knowingly and willfully employ illegal aliens, is anything other than a crook.
Throughout the south west I doubt there is a single major builder who does not indirectly use illegals on the homes they build. The subcontractor system basically makes it difficult if not impossible to prevent this.

I would be skeptical that there are many custom builders who are not in the same situation. Perhaps a few who basically build with a three or four man crew may not...but that is a pretty rare operation.

So a doubt you can buy a home in the SW without illegal labor. Even if you could set up guard gates on the job site how about the truss factory?

Old 01-21-2012, 12:39 PM

Here's a good example of one set of criminals being burned by another set of criminals. Serves the family right - they thought they'd get by with getting cheap labor and ended up losing $3000. No legitimate business owner is going to run off with $3000 and go into hiding. Of course for these guys, it doesn't cost much to simply acquire another identity. As for the family they deserve losing money, they could have done a BBB check and looked for a licensed and bonded company that might hire citizens.

Socorro Family Scammed by Wanted Man | KTSM News Channel 9

Old 01-21-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Throughout the south west I doubt there is a single major builder who does not indirectly use illegals on the homes they build. The subcontractor system basically makes it difficult if not impossible to prevent this.

I would be skeptical that there are many custom builders who are not in the same situation. Perhaps a few who basically build with a three or four man crew may not...but that is a pretty rare operation.

So a doubt you can buy a home in the SW without illegal labor. Even if you could set up guard gates on the job site how about the truss factory?
Oh I think you can. And if you were smart you would. Why settle for crappy construction using contractors that bring in unskilled but ultra cheap labor? You can go with licensed and bonded companies and verify that their employees are all covered by insurance. An uninsured illegal injured on your property can sue you for all your worth after all. Why risk that?

Old 01-21-2012, 12:55 PM

387 posts, read 270,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Oh I think you can. And if you were smart you would. Why settle for crappy construction using contractors that bring in unskilled but ultra cheap labor? You can go with licensed and bonded companies and verify that their employees are all covered by insurance. An uninsured illegal injured on your property can sue you for all your worth after all. Why risk that?
I am talking abut the major builders...those who do hundreds of houses...or custom builders who do one offs.

There is no rational way to check who is in a subcontract crew. You may know who is supposed to be there but that may well not be who is there.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:09 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:

And this changes the fact that they are crooks, how?

Old 01-21-2012, 01:12 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
I am talking abut the major builders...those who do hundreds of houses...or custom builders who do one offs.

There is no rational way to check who is in a subcontract crew. You may know who is supposed to be there but that may well not be who is there.
I disagree. A contractor has the right and the ability to insist on the employee list of all of thier subs. They can also require that their legal status has been verified.
The corporation I work for does this with every cntractor they use including temps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or