U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-15-2012, 04:37 PM

387 posts, read 128,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The father -- if it's the same for all children, is in jail, he's not supporting the kids. The mother is a drop out and the article never mentioned her working which I think it would do to help justify her staying since it seems more a sob story than anything else. An unmarried girl starting a family at age 15 isn't likely going to have any kind of job that can support herself much less herself and 3 kids and very likely many more to come.

There simply is no good reason at all to keep this woman here, they can deport her, let her decide if she loves the kids or prefers to abandon them. Deport the father(s) too.
The father is in jail on an immigration hold. So you have no idea whether or not he was supporting the family. She has a GED. That would not be characteristic of a welfare parasite.

Again you continue the stereotyping. You have no knowledge but speak anyway.

She is not deportable to any relevant standard.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 04:47 PM

47,586 posts, read 35,357,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
The father is in jail on an immigration hold. So you have no idea whether or not he was supporting the family. She has a GED. That would not be characteristic of a welfare parasite.

Again you continue the stereotyping. You have no knowledge but speak anyway.

She is deportable. They simply haven't deported her.

No one in the USA is going to mind her being deported except for a couple of pro-illegal radicals. They finally deported Elvira Arellano who they also claim could not be deported. No one cares one bit that Elvira Arellano is now living in Mexico with her US born son. Also the price of lettuce didn't rise due to them being back home.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:46 PM

2,477 posts, read 810,925 times
Quote:
They have a protocol. She does not qualify for deportation.

You are reaching past all good sense. You have no idea whether she worked or not. You have no idea how the father supported the family. So what you are doing is defining the limit stereotype. It is all mythical...

The decision on the home of the kids is a very difficult one. It is unlikely that any rural Mexican school will approach the quality and length of even an inner city American one. I thought the Guatamalan mother had an exceptional tradeoff keeping the kids with her until 9 or 10 and then shipping them off to friends or relatives in the US.

So wanting the best outcome for the children might well cause her to leave them.
Quote:
Sure she is deportable to every standard, she has a prior order of deportation that she is attempting to have re-opened, if she can't get it re-opened then she WILL be deported. The "new" protocol doesn't waive prior deportations or orders for them, once someone has a prior order against them, it is very, very difficult to have it re-opened and dismissed. Right now she is fighting against all odds and trying to claim that because of her sick and disabled children that they would endure a hardship if she or they were sent to Mexico, the problem is that she must prove that hardship, something not very easily done.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:54 PM

3,493 posts, read 1,236,096 times
Quote:
The myth is that anyone suggests illegals would not attempt to use anchor children to stay in the US. Where did you hear this Eleanora? Rush told you? the Right Wing gossip line?

I would agree that motherhood at 15 is not a great idea. But should this automatically deprive the resulting child of a chance for a US education? Explain that to me.
I'm not a rightwinger. I've told you this multiple times. I have no idea why you constantly accuse me of being one. Not everyone one the left is as deluded on illegal immigration as you are. Pro-illegals constantly argue that illegals don't use their kids to sponsor them or argue they should be allowed to violate our immigration laws. Yet this woman, like so many others, argues exactly that. She's not a child anymore. She's not an American and she can finally go home where she belongs. Let her fellow Mexicans pay the price for her sociopathy not us.

Quote:
So better to deport her with her children than a 25 year old gangbanger with two felony arrests? If you are really willing to put her at the head of the line who are you bumping off the back. Relatively fixed number get deported. If she goes someone else does not. How about the young lady freshly arrived who has no children but will soon?
How about we deport them BOTH? Or do you really and truly believe that we should not deport anyone unless they're raping or mugging or murdering people? She has no legal or moral claim on this country. Unless you really and truly believe that once you have children in this country you should be allowed to stay just as long as you're not a psychopath? Because the pro-illegal lobby again argues that never happens.

But it does obviously.

Quote:
And what do you propose to do with the children. Send them and we get back three likely badly educated citizens in 15 years probably in just the right mood for the gangbanger culture. Complete with a bit of a vendetta about their treatment by the US. And we get them by the millions. You looking forward to integrating those folk into our society?
I love how I'm the nasty person but you have no problem
implying that these kids will turn into sociopaths if we dare ask them to live with their mom in the world's 11th largest economy.

Again just because she had kids here does not entitle her to skip the immigration lines. I'm sorry you think otherwise.

Quote:
You know Eleanora I think you simply have no ability to think through what you are suggesting may cause. You will then claim it was the Mexicans who screwed it all up...
That's exactly how I feel about you. You constantly propose rewarding illegals for breaking our immigration laws and then you foolishly pretend this won't bring more of them here. Just read your above paragraph. You literally imply that these poor kids will turn into gangbangers if dare let them live with their Mexican mom in Mexico.

How is that not showing vast contempt for Mexicans?

Last edited by Eleanora1; 01-15-2012 at 08:12 PM..

Old 01-15-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Sure she is deportable to every standard, she has a prior order of deportation that she is attempting to have re-opened, if she can't get it re-opened then she WILL be deported. The "new" protocol doesn't waive prior deportations or orders for them, once someone has a prior order against them, it is very, very difficult to have it re-opened and dismissed. Right now she is fighting against all odds and trying to claim that because of her sick and disabled children that they would endure a hardship if she or they were sent to Mexico, the problem is that she must prove that hardship, something not very easily done.
And to the new protocol she should not be deported. And with the public attention almost certainly will not be.

I understand that it is not a statute or a regulation...merely a suggested preference in how the decision to deport will be made. But against the criterias listed she sounds like a very unlikely candidate.

Now we both know that, as a practical matter, the suggestions will be treated with vast variance from area to area and very dependent on the local ICE operation and how they operate. But once any of these gets to be a public issue I expect the "right" thing will get done.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:04 PM

4,043 posts, read 1,455,744 times
They are illegal aliens. We called them that, without hate or malice in the seventies and I see no reason to be "PC" and change what they are labeled since, in reality it's what they are.

Some of them are sweet souls of integrity. Problem is, millions of them are likely Mexico's "finest" criminals. What criminal from that country would BE a smart one if they didn't see the laxness of our nation and come here to commit their crimes since the net of them is so much potentially richer than in Mexico?

I know of a family right now that is suffering an illegal that lied and cheated her way into having two anchor babies by their very fine son, yes single and he married her upon the first pregnancy, and then and only then found out she was not a citizen.

She's been picked up three times, on ICE hold, and lied, claiming abuse so that her hearings were kept secret from him and his family.

She is now, per This very thread's subject claiming she is having severe health issues and needing fulltime support and too sick to be deported! ANYthing...oh, and she did the worst.

She claimed he had sexually abused their daughter to try and stay in country. She's willing to ruin a man's life, career and reputation forever....if she can use his ruin to be allowed to stay and be mama to her anchor babies.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
And to the new protocol she should not be deported. And with the public attention almost certainly will not be.

I understand that it is not a statute or a regulation...merely a suggested preference in how the decision to deport will be made. But against the criterias listed she sounds like a very unlikely candidate.

Now we both know that, as a practical matter, the suggestions will be treated with vast variance from area to area and very dependent on the local ICE operation and how they operate. But once any of these gets to be a public issue I expect the "right" thing will get done.
If she can not get her prior order of deportation opened she WILL be deported, there is no if's and's or but's about that. DHS/ICE can pick her up at any time and remove her, plain and simple. This new "protocol" will have little to no effect on her. Why you think otherwise is confusing, I suggest further understanding of immigration laws/rules. There is no "prosecutorial discretion" in the case of an order of deportation.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
If she can not get her prior order of deportation opened she WILL be deported, there is no if's and's or but's about that. DHS/ICE can pick her up at any time and remove her, plain and simple. This new "protocol" will have little to no effect on her. Why you think otherwise is confusing, I suggest further understanding of immigration laws/rules. There is no "prosecutorial discretion" in the case of an order of deportation.
They let her go....had her in custody for months and let her go..A day or so before she was supposed to be deported.

She aint going.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:14 PM

47,586 posts, read 35,357,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
They are illegal aliens. We called them that, without hate or malice in the seventies and I see no reason to be "PC" and change what they are labeled since, in reality it's what they are.

Some of them are sweet souls of integrity. Problem is, millions of them are likely Mexico's "finest" criminals. What criminal from that country would BE a smart one if they didn't see the laxness of our nation and come here to commit their crimes since the net of them is so much potentially richer than in Mexico?

I know of a family right now that is suffering an illegal that lied and cheated her way into having two anchor babies by their very fine son, yes single and he married her upon the first pregnancy, and then and only then found out she was not a citizen.

She's been picked up three times, on ICE hold, and lied, claiming abuse so that her hearings were kept secret from him and his family.

She is now, per This very thread's subject claiming she is having severe health issues and needing fulltime support and too sick to be deported! ANYthing...oh, and she did the worst.

She claimed he had sexually abused their daughter to try and stay in country. She's willing to ruin a man's life, career and reputation forever....if she can use his ruin to be allowed to stay and be mama to her anchor babies.
That's a good example of what's wrong with the U visas. Illegals only have to claim to be some kind of victim and they're in.

There's a Mexican radio show that provides many suggestions to illegals like the one this man has encountered on how to get the U visa -- a real good one is that if the illegal is found with drugs on them to insist that someone planted the drugs and so the illegal not only gets out of a drug trafficking charge but is a victim of a crime and will be given a U visa.

There is not a single illegal who has any respect for the USA or it's laws. They all believe they are above the laws, entitled to come here and take jobs and should be handed their citizenship ahead of those fools doing it the honest lawful way.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
They let her go....had her in custody for months and let her go..A day or so before she was supposed to be deported.

She aint going.
AYYYY, they allowed her to leave confinement on humanitarian grounds (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD), HER CHILDREN - sick and disabled. She has a tracking bracelet, they know where she is, they simply are waiting to see if her motion to re-open her prior order of deportation will be granted, if it is not, they will pick her up and deport her possibly within days, no later than 1 year, unless her attorney can come up with some other attempt or a Gov't official steps in to grant her a temporary stay of deportation (up to 1 year). There is NO Prosecutorial Discretion for orders of deportation!
Quote:
She spent the past two and a half months in jail, but suddenly was released while the feds review a humanitarian clause
Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...#ixzz1jaFhIUaG

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 01-15-2012 at 08:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration