U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,231,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And that is all well and good, but "Mexicans" get mentioned around here without the concern of if they are actually illegal aliens...

When it comes to "legals", I believe they have gone through the processing to be here lawfully, regardless of their original country...

It would probably surprise you that most of my neighbors of any descent feel the same way...

Why are Mexicans targeted?...

I think if a question like that comes up on the open forum, it is pretty well self-explanatory...

Because there is a desire to target them...
Again, you are using the pro-illegal tactic to pull the race/ethnicity/nationality card to suggest bigotry on the part of those of us who just want our immigration laws respected and enforced, The reason that Mexicans are more focused on has been explained over and over in here, Their supporters are mostly from that ethnic group also. I think you get that so why do you do this?

Old 01-20-2012, 10:19 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,045,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Again, you are using the pro-illegal tactic to pull the race/ethnicity/nationality card to suggest bigotry on the part of those of us who just want our immigration laws respected and enforced, The reason that Mexicans are more focused on has been explained over and over in here, Their supporters are mostly from that ethnic group also. I think you get that so why do you do this?
I think you aren't hearing me that I don't have to suggest it...

I'll let the observers make their own determination...

EDIT: What exactly is the "race/ethnicity/nationality card", and how does one "pull" it? If a question has been explained to satisfactory level previously, why is there another topic on it? Why is it not thought of importantly enough to be in some "sticky" at the top of the forum?

Oh, there is some information there about that...

Maybe you should read it again...

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 01-20-2012 at 11:23 AM..

Old 01-20-2012, 03:34 PM

33,166 posts, read 30,436,466 times
Quote:
And that is all well and good, but "Mexicans" get mentioned around here without the concern of if they are actually illegal aliens...

When it comes to "legals", I believe they have gone through the processing to be here lawfully, regardless of their original country...

It would probably surprise you that most of my neighbors of any descent feel the same way...

Why are Mexicans targeted?...

I think if a question like that comes up on the open forum, it is pretty well self-explanatory...

Because there is a desire to target them...
Anchor babies are American Citizens and there is nothing you can do about it. I've never heard anyone say that but someone claiming to be Hispanic too. Maybe you should ponder that when you wonder why there is hatred for illegals, which by fact, are the majority Mexican and/or Hispanic.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:01 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,435,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Anchor babies are American Citizens and there is nothing you can do about it. I've never heard anyone say that but someone claiming to be Hispanic too. Maybe you should ponder that when you wonder why there is hatred for illegals, which by fact, are the majority Mexican and/or Hispanic.

Agreed. The sheer arrogance in their thought process is astounding. What they fail to accept is the reality that the 14th has been deliberately misinterpreted. The more overrun we are by illegal aliens dropping babies and bankrupting this country the more Americans are becoming aware and angry about the entire farce being perpetrated against us.

It's only a matter of time before the outcry against this farce becomes deafening. The clock is ticking . . . . .

Old 01-20-2012, 04:20 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,908,760 times
Quote:
There's nothing more irritating than being swindled, and having the swindler not only escape punishment, but then rub it in your face. That's what those who repeatedly make that statement are doing. In other words, they're bragging about the fact that people can live in this country in flagrant violation of our laws, yet avail themselves of ALL of our benefits and services simply by giving birth. Another irritant is their constant reminder that due to the birthrate of illegals, Hispanics will ultimately become the majority. Yet, they can't quite comprehend why there is so much anger and resentment.

I believe most wouldn't care if Hispanics (black, white, or polka dot) become the majority, if the births were not the result of massive illegal immigration. Contrary to pro-illegal propaganda, for most, opposition to illegal immigration has no racial or ethnic basis whatsoever. It's the fact that they are here illegally, and U.S. taxpayers must bear the burden for their financial support, now and for years to come. No one enjoys being used.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:57 PM

15 posts, read 11,377 times
Default Amen

You are so right about this. They ask why we don't have as many border patrol agents per mile on the northern border. Your statistics gives us a hint. If you are looking for a professional football player, you're not likely to find him at a meeting of the Ladies Aid Society. If you are looking for illegal aliens, focus your attention on the border where most of them appear.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:05 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,450,316 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Agreed. The sheer arrogance in their thought process is astounding. What they fail to accept is the reality that the 14th has been deliberately misinterpreted. The more overrun we are by illegal aliens dropping babies and bankrupting this country the more Americans are becoming aware and angry about the entire farce being perpetrated against us.

It's only a matter of time before the outcry against this farce becomes deafening. The clock is ticking . . . . .
It's happening here in Arizona. The Tucson school district is no longer allowed to have Mexican American studies because they preach violence, etc. against non Hispanic people. Think of Stormfront but the Chicano version.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Invoking the thought about a corrupt government - It shouldn't matter either way in a judgement of them as people of a country, or their presence here as illegal aliens. After all, legal immigrants are also here - whether or not that the Mexican government is corrupt has no bearing on their status here, or how we should feel about them.

It's also a subjective measurement (don't we see the opinions daily here - and more especially one forum level above this - that the U.S. government is corrupt?). In a post here of a week ago, I even saw a comment that negated any status of a legal immigrant to be here, based on the opinion that our Federal government was corrupt in issuing it. For someone having gone through the right steps (where I am told here that it might be my opinion there too), that's batty - There is something else to it (the comment wasn't even based on nationality, like this and so many other topics are).

Meaning that we have Americans that don't respect "Mexicans" (those that come legally) for respecting our borders. We base our opinion on saying their (or our) government is corrupt, or that too many of their countrymen are already here (subjective, and without a determination on how they are here). I will be here as long as I see this behavior being brought out.

Do I feel for these people? I am actually able put it into such an abstract that it doesn't matter to me. To hear some tell it, I would also be sponsoring Iraqis, Saudi Arabians, Kuwaitis, Iranians, Pakistanis, Indians, Filipinos, and United Arab Emirates, Qatarians, Bahrainians, even the Italians, Irish, and Spaniards, to come here, countries I have been in, and/or observed a segment of their populations interacting in their daily lives.

I don't have to have them here, I'm not going to sponsor them to come, but if they are here (it's on them, I'm not going to try to guess by what status), they should have status by whichever level that is. Do I think there should be a streamlined way for them to legally come here? Again, the abstract that the current process we have in place is just fine.

Do I think they should have citizenship here? That is entirely up to the status they are able to get in. If they are here illegally, should they go home? Undoubtedly, but there is some reason why they are here.

There's got to be some reason I am here too, have you figured it out?...
Why illegal aliens from Mexico or anywhere else are here in this country is irrelevant. They must go home...all of them. Not following your last remark. Are we to figure why you are posting in this forum? I already know the answer to that one.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I think you aren't hearing me that I don't have to suggest it...

I'll let the observers make their own determination...

EDIT: What exactly is the "race/ethnicity/nationality card", and how does one "pull" it? If a question has been explained to satisfactory level previously, why is there another topic on it? Why is it not thought of importantly enough to be in some "sticky" at the top of the forum?

Oh, there is some information there about that...

Maybe you should read it again...
One pulls those emotinally charged "cards" to demonize and suggest that those who oppose illegal immigration and amnesty are evil with a racist agenda. One pulls those "cards" by playing the victim card for illegal aliens especially for the group here in the highest numbers illegally. Some who do this are bleeding heart liberals. The others have ethnic ties to a particular national group. You know all of this so why are you pretending that you don't?

I believe only the mods can create a sticky and why should they on this? You cry about the repetitive topics and remarks by anti-illegals when the pro side does the same thing. Why the double standard?

Old 01-20-2012, 07:51 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,014,631 times
Why are mexicans targeted most? An estimated 70% of all illegals are from mexico.
It is illegals crossing our southern border with Mexico who are filmed most often.
If I told someone I had an infestation in my house. They might assume I had insects. They might further assume that I had roaches depending where I lived. In fact I might actually have a problem with mice or racoons. It might be carpenter ants. So why would people assume roaches? Because Roaches are likely to be the problem because roaches are most often the problem.
It could be bedbugs ants and roaches. Hell I lived in florida and got rid of the roaches but the damn crickets were the real challenge. I don't mean to compare anyone to insects but the analogy is fair.
The majority of illegals are from mexico and the border with mexico is the favorite route taken by other hispanics who are south of mexico. It is not unreasonable to target the worse offender especially when they account for 70% of violators.
When people think of pedophiles what kind of person do they invision?
Elderly chinese man? I doubt it.
Sumo wrestler from Japan? nah no way.
White guy maybe a catholic priest????? Either or, or even both because they are the ones who are arrested most often.
cars that were death traps? Ford pinto's. Were Pinto's the only vehicles with such problems? NO some chevy trucks had the issue with exploding gas tanks. But the Pinto is remembered most.
My point is that the worst offenders, the most notorious will always get the tag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or