Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 07:18 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,383,638 times

Advertisements

You'd think that with the terrible conditions in Guatemala and El Salvador (much. much worst than Mexico) there would be larger numbers of these populations in the US. There are not because the Mexican Army and the Federales take real good care of that border. Down there it's shoot to kill.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:30 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It's happening here in Arizona. The Tucson school district is no longer allowed to have Mexican American studies because they preach violence, etc. against non Hispanic people. Think of Stormfront but the Chicano version.
Good for Arizona! I am blessed to live in one of the few states where E-verify is king

Old 01-21-2012, 07:59 AM

4,135 posts, read 10,810,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
O.C.'s top 10 immigrant populations | survey, born, foreign - News - The Orange County Register

This is a study from Orange County Ca. that includes Legal and Illegal FOREIGN born immigrants.

Mexican 367,653
Vietnamese 135,652
Guatemalan 12,00
Korean 62,260
Filipino 48,826
Chinese 42,800
Iranian 27,500
Indian 25,000
El Salvador 18,000
Canadian 13,000

See how Mexicans outnumber eveyone else? I'm familiar with OC as I've lived there for many years. The Mexican foreign born ( mostly Illegal) are probably undercounted.

A drive through Santa Ana California can attest to this.
As the numbers show their foreign born often illegal numbers are far greater than eveyone else.

The Asian and Canadian numbers probably have a far greater percentage of legal immigrants, while the others have a far greater number of illegals. The writer Cindy Carcamo is known for being pro illegal which is why she didn't delve further into it.

Since Guatemalans and Salvadorans are included in this study Mexicans can't claim that they're mistaken for them.
And lets think about this...whose majority is illegals? Least educated? Most anchor babies? I warrant it isn't the Asians or Indians or Canadians; any I have encountered in my area of the country come legally. So do Africans.

Legal = Fine w/me
Illegal = Send them back home

Enough said.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:51 AM

373 posts, read 709,721 times
I think calling them "human locust" is a good description...or would the term"economic leeches" be better. Or maybe parisite would be another term I would prefer to just call them GONE....

Old 01-23-2012, 03:04 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,170,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
You'd think that with the terrible conditions in Guatemala and El Salvador (much. much worst than Mexico) there would be larger numbers of these populations in the US. There are not because the Mexican Army and the Federales take real good care of that border. Down there it's shoot to kill.
It's also in Mexico's best interest that they keep their southern border secure. Why? Remittances from their citizens in the US.
Remittances to Mexico are rebounding - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mexico-remittances-20120112,0,6700884.story - broken link)

Old 01-23-2012, 06:46 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
It's also in Mexico's best interest that they keep their southern border secure. Why? Remittances from their citizens in the US.
Remittances to Mexico are rebounding - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mexico-remittances-20120112,0,6700884.story - broken link)
Remittances from Mexicans in the United States are not primarily from those in illegal alien status...

Furthermore, the leap to link remittances from Mexicans in the United States to the security of their own southern border is a stretch...

You're just trying to inject remittances into the topic...

Old 01-23-2012, 09:59 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Remittances from Mexicans in the United States are not primarily from those in illegal alien status...

Furthermore, the leap to link remittances from Mexicans in the United States to the security of their own southern border is a stretch...

You're just trying to inject remittances into the topic...
Please provide credible proof to support your assertion. To my knowledge, it is not possible to differentiate between remittances sent by legal Mexican nationals or illegal aliens. I could be mistaken, but I don't think immigration status is included on remittance forms.

The BILLIONS in remittances being sent out of this country to Mexico on a monthly basis is indeed another reason Mexicans are targeted. After all, those are U.S. dollars that could be used to help OUR economy. Furthermore, if they can afford to send billions monthly to Mexico, they should likewise have the wherewithal to pay for their ER visits, and support their children.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:20 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Why would anyone target the worst offenders?
Why would anyone focus on those proven to violate our laws more than anyone else?
No its better to focus on a spot of crab grass in the back yard while the house is burning down.
Better still lets throw gas on the fire, we can all live in a tent when the house is finally destroyed beyond repair.
Yeppppp makes perfect sense.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:48 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please provide credible proof to support your assertion. To my knowledge, it is not possible to differentiate between remittances sent by legal Mexican nationals or illegal aliens. I could be mistaken, but I don't think immigration status is included on remittance forms.

The BILLIONS in remittances being sent out of this country to Mexico on a monthly basis is indeed another reason Mexicans are targeted. After all, those are U.S. dollars that could be used to help OUR economy. Furthermore, if they can afford to send billions monthly to Mexico, they should likewise have the wherewithal to pay for their ER visits, and support their children.
Yeah, the banks actually tracked it to three categories: U.S. citizens, U.S. Legal Permanent Residents, and illegal aliens. The first two groups are the primary senders - About 80%. It's important to note in those groups they have theoretically earned the money legally, and the amount is taxed.

You may not like it, but it is like the cockroaches that are a majority of household pests, where the U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents are most of the people that send remittances to Mexico...

I'll come up with the valid source at the time I can look a little better for a reposting, or you can search what I have corrected on the matter before, where it is sourced correctly...

You still have to say, how were the remittances injected into this conversation ("well, it has something to do with security on their own southern border...")?...

It's shouldn't have a primary attachment to illegal immigration, but apparently anything goes here...

Old 01-23-2012, 01:17 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Yeah, the banks actually tracked it to three categories: U.S. citizens, U.S. Legal Permanent Residents, and illegal aliens. The first two groups are the primary senders - About 80%. It's important to note in those groups they have theoretically earned the money legally, and the amount is taxed.

You may not like it, but it is like the cockroaches that are a majority of household pests, where the U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents are most of the people that send remittances to Mexico...

I'll come up with the valid source at the time I can look a little better for a reposting, or you can search what I have corrected on the matter before, where it is sourced correctly...

You still have to say, how were the remittances injected into this conversation ("well, it has something to do with security on their own southern border...")?...

It's shouldn't have a primary attachment to illegal immigration, but apparently anything goes here...
And, how do they determine the three categories? Do they ask if a person is an illegal alien? Do they require a SSN accompanied by a valid photo ID? C'mon, do you actually believe they even care about citizenship or immigration status? Even if they do, would an illegal give an honest response?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration