U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 09:00 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,024,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I didn't realize we were discussing your income in this remittance dialogue. I was under the impression we were discussing "immigrants" sending billions to Mexico, of which you claim the majority are sent by legal immigrants, and thus, it is not an illegal immigration issue...
No, I had said that the majority was sent by U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (my wife has also, amazingly, sent money to her mother)...

Quote:
...You either can or cannot provide evidence to indicate how they determine which remittances are sent from legal immigrants as opposed to illegal aliens. It's just that simple.
Way ahead of YOu. I posted it before YOu even asked. But you simply do not know how to search the forum.

I'm frankly amazed no one has pushed back at me to allege I photoshopped D.A. King, or that somehow I have it incorrect, and the Mexican Consulate did issue him ID as "Al Qaeda Gonzalez" (in a slightly larger size). How long have some gone under that perception, and passed the story along? No one noticed the sizing was wrong to glom onto it from the start?

Well, the things YOu will believe...

Old 01-23-2012, 09:18 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
No, I had said that the majority was sent by U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (my wife has also, amazingly, sent money to her mother)...

Way ahead of YOu. I posted it before YOu even asked. But you simply do not know how to search the forum.

I'm frankly amazed no one has pushed back at me to allege I photoshopped D.A. King, or that somehow I have it incorrect, and the Mexican Consulate did issue him ID as "Al Qaeda Gonzalez" (in a slightly larger size). How long have some gone under that perception, and passed the story along? No one noticed the sizing was wrong to glom onto it from the start?

Well, the things YOu will believe...
I have no intentions of searching this forum. On THIS thread, you made a claim, and you have yet to support it. If you can, please post your proof. If you can't, so be it.

BTW, what's with the YOu?

Your words. . .

Quote:
Remittances from Mexicans in the United States are not primarily from those in illegal alien status...
Quote:
Yeah, the banks actually tracked it to three categories: U.S. citizens, U.S. Legal Permanent Residents, and illegal aliens. The first two groups are the primary senders - About 80%.

Last edited by Benicar; 01-23-2012 at 09:30 PM..

Old 01-23-2012, 10:24 PM

791 posts, read 355,048 times
Quote:
No, the Mexican Consulate didn't issue him the cards (after all, one was in the name of "Al Qaeda Gonzalez"), he forged them himself (look at the size compared to his hands):

But it's the little inaccuracies like that keeping us occupied here...

Why would a Mexican citizen legally here need a Matricula Consular card? Well, voting ID like my wife has expires, sometimes it is best to have the documentation to prove where you were.
Forged them?? Those are blow-ups to show that they were issued. I've seen the actual cards with my own two eyes so you can blow all the smoke you want, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Nothing inaccurate about it.
Wouldn't your wife have a VISA to prove where she was when her 'voting documents' expired?

Yesterday I thought you were smart.... Today, not so much...

Old 01-23-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
Forged them?? Those are blow-ups to show that they were issued. I've seen the actual cards with my own two eyes so you can blow all the smoke you want, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Nothing inaccurate about it.
Wouldn't your wife have a VISA to prove where she was when her 'voting documents' expired?

Yesterday I thought you were smart.... Today, not so much...
Nah, the initial Immigrant Visa imprint (if issued) is typically only valid a year, where the immigrant should be operating off their Resident Card by that time. The Resident Card shows the issue date, but on its own doesn't really prove if YOu were in or out of the United States at particular dates (think of a Legal Permanent Resident servicemember).

Besides, it isn't a Mexican government-issued document (unless YOu believe those stories too)...

Old 01-23-2012, 10:40 PM

791 posts, read 355,048 times
Quote:
Nah, the initial Immigrant Visa imprint (if issued) is typically only valid a year, where the immigrant should be operating off their Resident Card by that time. The Resident Card shows the issue date, but on its own doesn't really prove if YOu were in or out of the United States at particular dates (think of a Legal Permanent Resident servicemember).

Besides, it isn't a Mexican government-issued document (unless YOu believe those stories too)...
Since Mexico allows their citizens to vote from wherever they may be domiciled at the time, what difference would it make? And since Matricula Consular cards are issued to whoever wants one with no proof of identification or country of origin, what difference does THAT make?

Old 01-25-2012, 01:08 AM

3,887 posts, read 6,012,814 times
Quote:
Why would they care if they generate revenue from legal immigrants or illegal aliens?

This is one of the primary reasons the Mexican government wants their illegal citizens to remain in this country.

How many of said Mexican "immigrants" are here legally?

Remittances to Mexico are rebounding - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mexico-remittances-20120112,0,6700884.story - broken link)

Yet, according to you, remittances to Mexico should not be considered relevant to the topic of illegal immigration.

FYI. . .

Western Union

Money Transfer | Western Union

Western Union Money Transfer Form

Perhaps I missed it, but citizenship or immigration status is not included on the form. So, AGAIN, how do they determine if remittances to Mexico are from legal immigrations or illegal aliens?
Legal or illegal makes no difference to me in this matter. That's money that is not making its way back into the American economy plain and simple.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:38 AM

11,536 posts, read 8,494,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Legal or illegal makes no difference to me in this matter. .
At least your honest.

Gotta give you credit for that.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:22 AM

3,887 posts, read 6,012,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
At least your honest.

Gotta give you credit for that.
Sorry if I have a bit of a problem with people who just want to come here and use this country as a ATM machine.

As the lyrics to the Turtles song Let Me Be go:

"I am what I am and that's all I ever can be."

Old 01-27-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
...Your question though, would beg this one... "Why would they NEED one?"
We covered voting in Mexican elections, but what if the Mexican National is younger? The passports of my kids expire this year. Maybe they need to get a Matricula Consular card rather than the time, trouble, and expense to renew passports (their Resident Cards are enough to enter the United States).

Old 01-27-2012, 11:32 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,350,866 times
Quote:
We covered voting in Mexican elections, but what if the Mexican National is younger? The passports of my kids expire this year. Maybe they need to get a Matricula Consular card rather than the time, trouble, and expense to renew passports (their Resident Cards are enough to enter the United States).
I don't see where being an "illegal alien" applies to your kids. Maybe you can get your answers on the Mexico Forum here on City Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or