U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 11:01 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,162,024 times

Advertisements

O.C.'s top 10 immigrant populations | survey, born, foreign - News - The Orange County Register

This is a study from Orange County Ca. that includes Legal and Illegal FOREIGN born immigrants.

Mexican 367,653
Vietnamese 135,652
Guatemalan 12,00
Korean 62,260
Filipino 48,826
Chinese 42,800
Iranian 27,500
Indian 25,000
El Salvador 18,000
Canadian 13,000

See how Mexicans outnumber eveyone else? I'm familiar with OC as I've lived there for many years. The Mexican foreign born ( mostly Illegal) are probably undercounted.

A drive through Santa Ana California can attest to this.
As the numbers show their foreign born often illegal numbers are far greater than eveyone else.

The Asian and Canadian numbers probably have a far greater percentage of legal immigrants, while the others have a far greater number of illegals. The writer Cindy Carcamo is known for being pro illegal which is why she didn't delve further into it.

Since Guatemalans and Salvadorans are included in this study Mexicans can't claim that they're mistaken for them.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:11 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Only the disingenuous illegal alien apologists even attempt to deny the fact that Mexicans, both legal and illegal, have a disproportionate number among the "immigrant" population. It is what it is.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:37 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
O.C.'s top 10 immigrant populations | survey, born, foreign - News - The Orange County Register

This is a study from Orange County Ca. that includes Legal and Illegal FOREIGN born immigrants.

Mexican 367,653
Vietnamese 135,652
Guatemalan 12,00
Korean 62,260
Filipino 48,826
Chinese 42,800
Iranian 27,500
Indian 25,000
El Salvador 18,000
Canadian 13,000

See how Mexicans outnumber eveyone else? I'm familiar with OC as I've lived there for many years. The Mexican foreign born ( mostly Illegal) are probably undercounted.

As the numbers show their foreign born often illegal numbers are far greater than eveyone else.

The Asian and Canadian numbers probably have a far greater percentage of legal immigrants, while the others have a far greater number of illegals. The writer Cindy Carcamo is known for being pro illegal which is why she didn't delve further into it.

Since Guatemalans and Salvadorans are included in this study Mexicans can't claim that they're mistaken for them.
I am quite familiar with Orange County. It is right next door to Riverside County where I live. Santa Ana is a sanctuary city for illegal aliens among a few others here in So. Calif.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:11 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

Mexican 367,653
Vietnamese 135,652
Guatemalan 12,00
Korean 62,260
Filipino 48,826
Chinese 42,800
Iranian 27,500
Indian 25,000
El Salvador 18,000
Canadian 13,000

Condensed form:

Take some numbers that mix categories together...

Capitalize and use an entire word throughout that has no bearing to where you want to take it (an immigrant and Mexican are always "FOREIGN born", which imparts no further description to the discussion)...

Independently interpret and adjust the numbers to your beliefs...

Rationalize those beliefs by stating that you can tell the difference between "FOREIGN born" and those born here by a drive through the community, and their immigration status as well...

State that the origination of the numbers may be skewed, so you are adjusting for that factor as you see fit...

State that one criteria seems to match what you would think, so your adjustments and presentation are entirely without suspicion...

Old 01-19-2012, 07:13 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Condensed form:

Take some numbers that mix categories together...

Capitalize and use an entire word throughout that has no bearing to where you want to take it (an immigrant and Mexican are always "FOREIGN born", which imparts no further description to the discussion)...

Independently interpret and adjust the numbers to your beliefs...

Rationalize those beliefs by stating that you can tell the difference between "FOREIGN born" and those born here by a drive through the community, and their immigration status as well...

State that the origination of the numbers may be skewed, so you are adjusting for that factor as you see fit...

State that one criteria seems to match what you would think, so your adjustments and presentation are entirely without suspicion...
Most illegal aliens ARE Mexican and most of the rest are still Hispanic who mostly will claim "Mexican" to avoid being deported to the rest of LatAm.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:40 AM

11,536 posts, read 8,464,108 times
I thought the reason was that some people don't like Mexicans at all.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:02 AM

9,833 posts, read 5,590,937 times
I grew up in a hispanic community.... I like my american neighbors of mexican decent. We get along real well... We talk over the fence, borrow each others tools... You name it.. When it comes to illegals, I believe they all need to go back to their nation of origin, regardless of where it is. It would probably come as a surprise to you that most of my neighbors of mexican decent feel the same way. Why are mexicans targeted? 1. There are more of them. 2. They are easier to spot for a number of reasons. They basically are not good at blending in to the society.

Last edited by freightshaker; 01-20-2012 at 02:15 AM..

Old 01-20-2012, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I grew up in a hispanic community.... I like my american neighbors of mexican decent. We get along real well... We talk over the fence, borrow each others tools... You name it.. When it comes to illegals, I believe they all need to go back to their nation of origin, regardless of where it is. It would probably come as a surprise to you that most of my neighbors of mexican decent feel the same way. Why are mexicans targeted? 1. There are more of them. 2. They are easier to spot for a number of reasons. They basically are not good at blending in to the society.
And that is all well and good, but "Mexicans" get mentioned around here without the concern of if they are actually illegal aliens...

When it comes to "legals", I believe they have gone through the processing to be here lawfully, regardless of their original country...

It would probably surprise you that most of my neighbors of any descent feel the same way...

Why are Mexicans targeted?...

I think if a question like that comes up on the open forum, it is pretty well self-explanatory...

Because there is a desire to target them...

Old 01-20-2012, 02:37 AM

9,833 posts, read 5,590,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And that is all well and good, but "Mexicans" get mentioned around here without the concern of if they are actually illegal aliens...

When it comes to "legals", I believe they have gone through the processing to be here lawfully, regardless of their original country...

It would probably surprise you that most of my neighbors of any descent feel the same way...

Why are Mexicans targeted?...

I think if a question like that comes up on the open forum, it is pretty well self-explanatory...

Because there is a desire to target them...
And why is there that desire? It's simply the massive numbers of illegals from mexico in this country. There are more mexican illegals in this country than any other nationality. Why? Because we share a border with a third world country that has one of the most corrupt governments in the world. Do I feel for these people? Yes I do. Do I believe there should be a streamlined means for them to enter legally? Again Yes. Do I think those that are here illegally should be granted amnesty and/or citizenship? No.. They are in violation of our federal laws. We respect the borders of our neighbors, it's time they respected ours as well.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
And why is there that desire? It's simply the massive numbers of illegals from mexico in this country. There are more mexican illegals in this country than any other nationality. Why? Because we share a border with a third world country that has one of the most corrupt governments in the world. Do I feel for these people? Yes I do. Do I believe there should be a streamlined means for them to enter legally? Again Yes. Do I think those that are here illegally should be granted amnesty and/or citizenship? No.. They are in violation of our federal laws. We respect the borders of our neighbors, it's time they respected ours as well.
Invoking the thought about a corrupt government - It shouldn't matter either way in a judgement of them as people of a country, or their presence here as illegal aliens. After all, legal immigrants are also here - whether or not that the Mexican government is corrupt has no bearing on their status here, or how we should feel about them.

It's also a subjective measurement (don't we see the opinions daily here - and more especially one forum level above this - that the U.S. government is corrupt?). In a post here of a week ago, I even saw a comment that negated any status of a legal immigrant to be here, based on the opinion that our Federal government was corrupt in issuing it. For someone having gone through the right steps (where I am told here that it might be my opinion there too), that's batty - There is something else to it (the comment wasn't even based on nationality, like this and so many other topics are).

Meaning that we have Americans that don't respect "Mexicans" (those that come legally) for respecting our borders. We base our opinion on saying their (or our) government is corrupt, or that too many of their countrymen are already here (subjective, and without a determination on how they are here). I will be here as long as I see this behavior being brought out.

Do I feel for these people? I am actually able put it into such an abstract that it doesn't matter to me. To hear some tell it, I would also be sponsoring Iraqis, Saudi Arabians, Kuwaitis, Iranians, Pakistanis, Indians, Filipinos, and United Arab Emirates, Qatarians, Bahrainians, even the Italians, Irish, and Spaniards, to come here, countries I have been in, and/or observed a segment of their populations interacting in their daily lives.

I don't have to have them here, I'm not going to sponsor them to come, but if they are here (it's on them, I'm not going to try to guess by what status), they should have status by whichever level that is. Do I think there should be a streamlined way for them to legally come here? Again, the abstract that the current process we have in place is just fine.

Do I think they should have citizenship here? That is entirely up to the status they are able to get in. If they are here illegally, should they go home? Undoubtedly, but there is some reason why they are here.

There's got to be some reason I am here too, have you figured it out?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or