U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 12:06 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica ventor View Post
IF the state takes taxes from you, you should be able to get a driver's lic whether you are here legally or not. Illegals are employed and often get a legal identification number for tax puposes and those taxes help pay for roads. They also contribute to local economies. Give them a break!
If illegals are employed, they are taking a job from an American, illegals contribute to the unemployment problem. If illegals contributed positively, their own countries wouldn't be as hell-bent on getting rid of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 12:19 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
UH. Yeah. No Joke.

How about sending the ILLEGALS home rather than issuing them licenses? What part of they are here illegally do you not get?l
This President, and his minion administration. They don't get what illegally means either, or they do, and don't give a damn, because how they get their votes don't matter.

Don't get me started on illegals driving. I could get into something i rather not, too painful. But believe me there are illegal drunk drivers out there, killing innocent people, and nothing being done about it.
What about the one about 8 months ago in L.A. who drove over a man on a bike, and drug the man to his death, people were hollaring at him, but he did not stop. He was on his way too Mexico, Mexico is only good to them, when they are in trouble.

Any one from L.A. know what happened in that case. I would be interested in knowing.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:34 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,551,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Actually the phrasing is incorrect. It is that a Social Security number is not needed in New Mexico to get a driver's license. My wife had a license in New Mexico while on her K-3 (a "non-immigrant" visa for the spouse of a U.S. citizen, which does not provide the ability to get a Social Security number) for eight months.

Would it be better that she were unable to drive at that time?...
Did you wife ever live in the US illegally? I'm lead to believe from your posts that that was never the case, that she did everything by the book to be in the US. Yet, in spite of her doing everything necessary - law and procedure - to become legal in the US, you strongly support illegals. How does that work? Doesn't supporting illegals go against everything your wife did to obtain her legal status? If I was her and went about going by the law to get legal status, I wouldn't be happy with someone who supports illegals, or is it a matter of not wanting illegals to have to go through the trouble of becoming legal?

I would think she would want everyone to follow the law and procedures to obtain legal status as she had. Keep in mind, I'm assuming (from your posts) that she was never in the US illegally.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:37 AM

Quote:
IF the state takes taxes from you, you should be able to get a driver's lic whether you are here legally or not. Illegals are employed and often get a legal identification number for tax puposes and those taxes help pay for roads. They also contribute to local economies. Give them a break!
*Someone help me up off the floor. I laughed at this post so hard I fell off my chair.*

Old 07-12-2012, 04:02 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
*Someone help me up off the floor. I laughed at this post so hard I fell off my chair.*
You and me too! LMAO.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:07 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,516,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Way to legitimize an illegal activity!! What next, a social security card, Unemployment and SSDI
Don't forget the Green Card stapled to the bogus Master's degree...

Old 07-12-2012, 08:37 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,939,671 times
Quote:
Nice cover up.
Most do NOT pay taxes because they work off the books.
You must know that.

If they are here by breaking the laws they should be given a break from being jailed and allowed to go back where they came from.

Our schools are overcrowded. Our kids are not learning what they should because the teachers are too busy translating, our hospitals have been closing because they cannot afford all that free medical care.

Our compassionate system is met with 'gimmie more, gimmie more'. Nope. Go back home, illegals. You don't belong here.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You and me too! LMAO.
Would those roads that are going to be paved be the current dirt roads that they travel on to get into the US?

Old 07-13-2012, 07:48 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Uh; they're here ILLEGALLY. Try THAT bit in Ireland, Mexico and so on. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or