U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 08:36 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,240,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The pro-illegals must also believe that since not all murderers can be caught, or not all rapists can be caught, or since not all shoplifters can be caught -- that we should eliminate all the laws against homicide, rape and shoplifters. Just open the stores up, remove all security guards and cameras, realize the shoplifters are just trying to have a better life and no matter how hard you try you won't catch 100% of shoplifters so just let them take whatever they please.
Excellent analogy.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:03 PM

4,896 posts, read 5,924,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't get the argument that if made legal that these illegal aliens would be then be paying income taxes. Wouldn't that also be true of an American or legal immigrant if these illegals were deported and therefore they would be working these same jobs that these illegals are instead of being unemployed? There would be a lot less population making demands on our natural resources and social infrastructures also. There wouldn't be millions of dollars being sent out of our economy by these illegals supporting families in their homelands either. Legal immigrants and citizens would be spending their earned dollars here instead.
please don't try and make sense out of the debacle, most people aren't listening.....you are absolutely right.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
After reading your post, it is obvious that not only are you uninformed, but your delusional thinking that America has a need legalize shoddy, cheap labor is astounding.

I am a former tax fraud investigator for the IRS. Those who "pay taxes" not only do so fraudulently, they only do so in anticipation of a huge refund. If they were legalized in any way, the outcome would be the same. Just as they are in their home countries, economically, they are a net zero.

Believe me if a sincere crackdown were ordered and instituted, this country would be illegal alien free in less than 3 years.

As an over zealous supporter of illegal immigration, it is obvious that not only do you not know what is best for America's survival, you really don't care as long as those of you here illegally get a free pass and are allowed to remain in this country and milk it dry.

Not only is amnesty not a requirement, neither is it necessary for the US to regularize or sign up a bunch of illegal alien criminals to work in this country. Nor are we obligated in any way to provide jobs, social services, reduced tuition or anything else to those who are in this country illegally, including, but not limited to those here breeding and/or running across the border dropping anchors.

This statement is nothing more than wishful thinking. In light of the fact that anchor babies nor those who breed them are legally "under the jurisidiction thereof" (the US) that deliberate misinterpretation of the 14th by the corporate masters and the OBL can be overturned in one election cycle. There are many in congress working diligently to pass legislation to ensure that the illegal alien party will end.

Deportation of millions of illegal aliens is not only feasible, it's totally possible, but not necessary. The vast majority of females are here to give birth as often as possible and collect a lifetime of taxpayer funded benefits. The correct intepretation of the 14th amendment would end the farse of birthright citizenship and save the taxpayers billions in welfare, WIC, Section 8 and medical bills. The mandatory institution of E-verify in every state would take care of the rest.

As more Americans become unemployed, homeless and hungry the wider awake and aware they become. You naively underestimate the intelligence, patience, anger and will of the American people.

The time bomb is ticking . . ..
I loved, loved, loved this post. I wish I had written it....everything you say is the truth...but the other side is not listening and will not...

Old 01-21-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconman View Post
There are other ways to deal with them other than mass deportation. It is just that these ways would mean. accountability, paying fines, paying back taxes, having just ONE real ID and learning to speak english etc etc are things they just will not do...
oh, here it comes.....it's just defacto amnesty...I don't want that and you should not either...it won't work. Read the above posts.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:27 PM

The illegals will become legal with amnesty, start filing their tax returns though they pay in little or no taxes and, recieve quite large EITC's. I prepare taxes. I have seen many, many low income people do this, sometimes getting back several thousand dollars. It is harder to do now because they have put the onus on tax preparers to do more due diligence or be fined and there were tax preparers who would assist people in getting the EITC fraudently. I have seen children borrowed from one family to another before social security numbers were required at birth. the government made the provision for EITC and then were shocked and dismayed when people so blatantly abused it...... LOL

Old 01-21-2012, 10:16 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,049,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
The illegals will become legal with amnesty, start filing their tax returns though they pay in little or no taxes and, recieve quite large EITC's. I prepare taxes. I have seen many, many low income people do this, sometimes getting back several thousand dollars. It is harder to do now because they have put the onus on tax preparers to do more due diligence or be fined and there were tax preparers who would assist people in getting the EITC fraudently. I have seen children borrowed from one family to another before social security numbers were required at birth. the government made the provision for EITC and then were shocked and dismayed when people so blatantly abused it...... LOL
Have you reviewed what Edwin Rubenstein has put out every year to either support or dismiss what he says? How many children maximum can get you the EITC? Do you think posts here have misrepresented EITC before (say, to do a search on "EITC" in the forum tools)?

Old 01-22-2012, 09:36 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,436,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
You are easily astounded! Perhaps something in your childhood...scared by a possum or something.

So you are a green eyeshade accountant. Like many of the breed you are expert at all you got to do is....
No, I am not easily astounded. It's the sheer arrogance, ignorance and mystifying sense of entitlement of illegal aliens, particularly that of DREAMies that is beyond astounding.

Ooo trying to guess my race by mentioning my eyeshade? Sorry, but my eyes are brown.

Quote:
Kindly describe the mechanism whereby some poorly educated illegal alien is going to pay taxes to achieve a huge refund. This should be interesting.
I have no doubt that you and your peers are very familiar with the usual methods of filing a false return by: (a) using someone elses' identity/SSN; (b)naming a multitude of anchor babies as dependents (some real others non-existent) to get thousands of dollars in EIC; and that's only 2 examples.

Even though I am a former employee of IRS Criminal Investigations division, legally I am not at liberty to go into further detail about how things are done, since tax cheats are forever.

Quote:
Why don't you just wish us each ten million dollars? As likely to suceed as the above.
Sorry no can do. I tell you what though, I do wish all of you a safe trip back to your homelands. Hell, as long as you promise not to come back to my country uninvited, it wouldn't even bother me if my tax dollars are used to deport all of you.

Quote:
I don't support illegal immigration and never have. I want to get rid of it in the face of you strange people who want to maintain it.
I have no interest in the outcome other than as a concerned American who wants to see the thing brought to a conclusion. I don't hire them. I am not ethnically involved and my heart stopped bleeding years and years ago.
I know it must be hard being deceived by someone who is supposed to be a parent and protect you but selfishly drug you into their criminal mess as a child. If I were in your shoes my dream would be amnesty or some form of legalization as well. For those of us who have read your posts, your claim of not being ethnically involved is so dishonest.

Quote:
In general we don't provide them anything other than limited humanitarian help.

The question as to what is limited to citizens and legals is much more complex than you imply. We tax them but then won't provide services?
Please stop with the we, you continually embarrass yourself.

My issue is with illegal aliens who are NOT taxed but think its ok to file fraudulent returns, thus stealing millions from this country annually abuse American taxpayer funded services simply by virtue of having the ability to sneak across our border. Unless they are using a fake or stolen identity or SSN, legally they are not eligible to file taxes. If they are assigned an ITIN they can legally file taxes.
Since there is no record of their existence in this country, unless they voluntarily file using the fraudulent documentation of their choice, no one would know that they are here. Out of greed, they fraudulently file early and often to defraud the system and receive large refunds.

Quote:
Utter garbage. There is a simple test for "under the jurisdiction". Can you be arrested by the authorities.

Is it really your considered opinion that we cannot arrest illegal aliens?

The fourteeth says what it says. You don't have to like it but it is the law of the land. You can leave if you don't care for it I suppose.
You really are clueless. Anyone can be arrested at anytime in this country. Being in the country illegally does not equal being "under the jurisdiction". Please do not put words in my mouth. Your continual sad attempts at distracting others by changing horses in mid stream is not only childish but annoying. If you have ADD (aka: attention deficit disorder) then I apologize, otherwise please try to stay on topic.

Back on topic:

The key to reading is comprehension. Key words: "under the jurisdiction thereof" ends any and all doubt and discussion because two illegal aliens cannot procreate an American. If both parents involved in the procreation of the child are illegal aliens in America how in the world is it possible for that child be an American? Whether you like it or not the truth of the matter is that the 14th is clearly and deliberately being misinterpreted, a farce that will eventually be overturned.

End of discussion.

Quote:
Illegal aliens are actually a cheap ride. One of the big arguments made by CIS against amnesty is that the bill for the illegals would more than double if they were made legal. So if you replace the illegals with legals of any sort you double the likely welfare bill.

And the ticking is getting slower and slower and slower.

The economy is clearly recovering. Likely enough to get Obama reelected given the quality of the opposition.

The more interesting question is whether the illegal immigration starts reviving in 2012 or 2013 as the economy picks up. Having done little to limit it one would suspect that it will modulated a little perhaps by a better economy in Mexico.
I have yet to read any statistical data proclaiming that illegal immigration is a net financial or cultural enhancement to America and her taxpayers. However, there is a multitude of data confirming the high birthrates, cultural differences and the overall physical, financial and cultural destruction this invasion is causing.

I voted for Obama during the prior election cycle. He will not get my vote again. I have talked to many others who state the same. So don't get too happy about the possibility of him getting re-elected and cramming an amnesty down the throats of Americans.

As for your hope of a revival of the invasion, it ain't gonna happen. Sorry Olecapt, you lose again.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 01-22-2012 at 11:01 AM..

Old 01-22-2012, 11:54 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,407,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
A lot of people get mad over the fact that illegals dont pay taxes but if they become legal they would have to, just like any other citizen in this country.
Im pro amnesty for all the illegals that dont have a criminal record.
Most illegals are high school drop outs from Latin American countries. They earn very little here and pay even less in taxes because they simply don't have the job skills to command decent wages. Grant them amnesty and all you'll do is grant them permission to officially claim welfare from the American taxpayer.

Why should we reward criminals like that?

Old 01-22-2012, 12:50 PM

387 posts, read 273,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
No, I am not easily astounded. It's the sheer arrogance, ignorance and mystifying sense of entitlement of illegal aliens, particularly that of DREAMies that is beyond astounding.

Ooo trying to guess my race by mentioning my eyeshade? Sorry, but my eyes are brown.
So you are quite young. Figures...

Green eyeshade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
I have no doubt that you and your peers are very familiar with the usual methods of filing a false return by: (a) using someone elses' identity/SSN; (b)naming a multitude of anchor babies as dependents (some real others non-existent) to get thousands of dollars in EIC; and that's only 2 examples.

Even though I am a former employee of IRS Criminal Investigations division, legally I am not at liberty to go into further detail about how things are done, since tax cheats are forever.
Both of which are reasonably complex frauds likely requiring some knowledge and skill to pay off. While I agree illegals may be recruited to provide bodies or SS numbers I doubt many are capable of mechinating such a fraud.
Quote:

Sorry no can do. I tell you what though, I do wish all of you a safe trip back to your homelands. Hell, as long as you promise not to come back to my country uninvited, it wouldn't even bother me if my tax dollars are used to deport all of you.
Sorry - One side of my family came from Ireland in the early 19th century. My father was born in the US in 1910...just over a hundred years ago.

You don't have enough dollars to pay the bill. It is not about to happen

Quote:
I know it must be hard being deceived by someone who is supposed to be a parent and protect you but selfishly drug you into their criminal mess as a child. If I were in your shoes my dream would be amnesty or some form of legalization as well. For those of us who have read your posts, your claim of not being ethnically involved is so dishonest.

Please stop with the we, you continually embarrass yourself.

My issue is with illegal aliens who are NOT taxed but think its ok to file fraudulent returns, thus stealing millions from this country annually abuse American taxpayer funded services simply by virtue of having the ability to sneak across our border. Unless they are using a fake or stolen identity or SSN, legally they are not eligible to file taxes. If they are assigned an ITIN they can legally file taxes.
Since there is no record of their existence in this country, unless they voluntarily file using the fraudulent documentation of their choice, no one would know that they are here. Out of greed, they fraudulently file early and often to defraud the system and receive large refunds.

You really are clueless. Anyone can be arrested at anytime in this country. Being in the country illegally does not equal being "under the jurisdiction". Please do not put words in my mouth. Your continual sad attempts at distracting others by changing horses in mid stream is not only childish but annoying. If you have ADD (aka: attention deficit disorder) then I apologize, otherwise please try to stay on topic.
Nope. Diplomats are immune to arrest. Even immune to parking tickets. That is because they are not under the jurisdiction. Invading troops would be in a similar situation were it to happen.
Quote:

Back on topic:

The key to reading is comprehension. Key words: "under the jurisdiction thereof" ends any and all doubt and discussion because two illegal aliens cannot procreate an American. If both parents involved in the procreation of the child are illegal aliens in America how in the world is it possible for that child be an American? Whether you like it or not the truth of the matter is that the 14th is clearly and deliberately being misinterpreted, a farce that will eventually be overturned.

End of discussion.

I have yet to read any statistical data proclaiming that illegal immigration is a net financial or cultural enhancement to America and her taxpayers. However, there is a multitude of data confirming the high birthrates, cultural differences and the overall physical, financial and cultural destruction this invasion is causing.

I voted for Obama during the prior election cycle. He will not get my vote again. I have talked to many others who state the same. So don't get too happy about the possibility of him getting re-elected and cramming an amnesty down the throats of Americans.

As for your hope of a revival of the invasion, it ain't gonna happen. Sorry Olecapt, you lose again.
There are lots of papers that pronounce illegal aliens a net positive or around zero. You simply are reading only one side of the literature. I am very careful to read both sides...though with your views you will not care for that.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:17 PM

373 posts, read 496,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
oh, here it comes.....it's just defacto amnesty...I don't want that and you should not either...it won't work. Read the above posts.
No I agree with you. the ideas will NEVER be used. They will never be held FULLY accountable and they know it and we know it...We need to deport the bastards that we pay to enforse our laws right now and are not nor do then intend to do their jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or