U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 08:18 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
...Besides, I have already explained to you why people are called pro-illegals (short for pro-illegal alien). It has nothing to do with they themselves being involved in illegal activity (although some do aid and abet illegals which is an illegal acitivity)...
Well, the term is over...

Accept it rather than dropping back to being argumentative...

Old 01-22-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Where did the poster you are responding to call your family or any other family here legally, "illegal aliens"?
By asking if we were sure English wasn't our second language...

The mannerisms have a familiar ring to them, but sometimes I can't tell people apart...

I might need to actually focus for a change...

Old 01-22-2012, 08:44 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
By asking if we were sure English wasn't our second language...

The mannerisms have a familiar ring to them, but sometimes I can't tell people apart...

I might need to actually focus for a change...
How would that be a remark directed at your family? I took his remark to mean that some people in the forum aren't comprehending what the term "pro-illegal" actually means.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Well, the term is over...

Accept it rather than dropping back to being argumentative...
How was me giving an explanation to that term, "argumentative"? Besides, you have never been argumentative in this forum? No comments about us anti's being called xenophobes on the flip side?

Old 01-22-2012, 08:54 PM

791 posts, read 354,212 times
The only thing I directed at you was a question. Said question was based upon your lack of comprehension of the English language, and it's common use of the terms 'pro' and 'anti' to describe the opposing ideas of a debate. I think the question was reasonable, considering...

Old 01-22-2012, 08:56 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
As I and IBM have pointed out on numerous occassions we do not support illegal immigration. So any suggesting that we are in favor of it is libelous.

I don't think you wish to be libelous do you?

Find a new term.
Your word "regularize" illegal aliens sounds like you DO support amnesty. And implying those posters who DON'T want amnesty for illegal aliens "xenophobes and racists" CAN also be libel. So please don't go there.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
How was me giving an explanation to that term, "argumentative"?...
Are you trying for the Triple-Irony Award again?...

I've laid out the terms...

Talk to Yac if you don't like them...

Old 01-22-2012, 09:07 PM

387 posts, read 270,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Your word "regularize" illegal aliens sounds like you DO support amnesty. And implying those posters who DON'T want amnesty for illegal aliens "xenophobes and racists" CAN also be libel. So please don't go there.
Actually I use regularize to indicate a state less than amnesty. That is because amnesty is both unworkable and likely undesireable.

I await the cite where I called someone a Xenophobe or racist. I will by the way...but only if they are.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
The only thing I directed at you was a question. Said question was based upon your lack of comprehension of the English language, and it's common use of the terms 'pro' and 'anti' to describe the opposing ideas of a debate. I think the question was reasonable, considering...
Yeah, I can see we are going to have fun here...

Just so you aren't shocked, a good many of these messages are going to be gone in the morning, all in the properly placed spirit of keeping us on-topic...

[aside]Sorry for the extra work Yac, but I thought overall it was a productive weekend...[/aside]

Old 01-22-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Are you trying for the Triple-Irony Award again?...

I've laid out the terms...

Talk to Yac if you don't like them...
Sorry, but you don't lay out the terms in this forum nor can you attempt to deny us freedom of speech in here as long as it is civil. There is nothing uncivil about using the term "pro-illegal" when it simply means being a defender of illegal aliens here and desiring amnesty for them. You twisted it into something else.

Here is my take on this. One can be of the above opinion without being an advocate for the "concept" of illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or