U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 07:27 PM

387 posts, read 270,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I would limit it to illegals because it is illegals who are making the mess. Poetic justice. Better strong men? maybe in your fantacy.
You going to put in handicapped staircases and johns so you can get the old ones and the young ones?

You want to clean up the mess or make a political statement?

And the word is "fantasy".

I keep trying to get you into a rational dialog and you keep refusing.

You really want to end up a malamute?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 12:46 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,739,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Not in border areas. They seize illegals and turn them around the same day...They don't want anybody held long term. Ship the few off to elsewhere.

I suppose you could bring those incacerated in Phoenix. But why would you try to limit it to illegals? Poetic? Ironic? Better strong young men...
No they don't. You've obviously never lived in a border area. There are MANY illegals. Or you are deliberately lying but it is definitely not true that they do anything about illegals in the border regions.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:18 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,296,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No they don't. You've obviously never lived in a border area. There are MANY illegals. Or you are deliberately lying but it is definitely not true that they do anything about illegals in the border regions.
I think libertylover is no longer around. It says "Not a member" under his name.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:13 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,156,126 times
Here is the clue as to why the Sierra Club won't come out against illegal immigration and excessive legal immigration.

For the love of money

Since 1996, leaders of the Sierra Club have refused to admit that immigration driven, rapid U.S. population growth causes massive environmental problems. And they have refused to acknowledge the need to reduce U.S. immigration levels in order to stabilize the U.S. population and protect our natural resources. Their refusal to do what common sense says is best for the environment was a mystery for nearly a decade.
Then, on Oct. 27, 2004, the Los Angeles Times revealed the answer: David Gelbaum, a super rich donor, had demanded this position from the Sierra Club in return for huge donations! Kenneth Weiss, author of the LA Times article that broke the story, quoted what David Gelbaum said to Sierra Club Executive Director Carl Pope:
"I did tell Carl Pope in 1994 or 1995 that if they ever came out anti-immigration, they would never get a dollar from me."

Read more:

http://www.susps.org/

Old 01-24-2012, 09:44 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,821,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Here is the clue as to why the Sierra Club won't come out against illegal immigration and excessive legal immigration.

For the love of money

Since 1996, leaders of the Sierra Club have refused to admit that immigration driven, rapid U.S. population growth causes massive environmental problems. And they have refused to acknowledge the need to reduce U.S. immigration levels in order to stabilize the U.S. population and protect our natural resources. Their refusal to do what common sense says is best for the environment was a mystery for nearly a decade.
Then, on Oct. 27, 2004, the Los Angeles Times revealed the answer: David Gelbaum, a super rich donor, had demanded this position from the Sierra Club in return for huge donations! Kenneth Weiss, author of the LA Times article that broke the story, quoted what David Gelbaum said to Sierra Club Executive Director Carl Pope:
"I did tell Carl Pope in 1994 or 1995 that if they ever came out anti-immigration, they would never get a dollar from me."

Read more:

SUSPS - Support US Population Stabilization - Support a Comprehensive Sierra Club Population Policy
Thanks for posting. As usual, we have more of the "anti-immigrant" BS. Clearly, for some, greed has no bounds. They, as well as others, including our so-called "representatives" are more than willing to jeopardize our environment, economy, schools, healthcare, infrastructure, jobs. . . you name it, for the almighty dollar. This is precisely why our country is on a path to destruction. It certainly makes you wonder what other shady, backroom deals have been made. Sickening!

Old 01-24-2012, 10:01 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,892,472 times
Quote:
You going to put in handicapped staircases and johns so you can get the old ones and the young ones?

You want to clean up the mess or make a political statement?

And the word is "fantasy".

I keep trying to get you into a rational dialog and you keep refusing.

You really want to end up a malamute?
rational dialog?
In my state if you get caught littering you get community service with your fine. That service is picking up trash along the roads.
Is this forum a spelling bee forum? No I didnt think so.
malamute? Are you insinuating that Malamute is a bad person? Someone to be ashamed of? I believe that would be a violation of forum rules.
Malamute in my opinion is a straight up guy. Lump me in with him I wont be offended.
Did they need handicapped staircases when they snuck accross the border?
Special johns? No? Then I guess we don't need them.
Let illegals provide a valid service as part of their punishment for violating our laws. Thats not a stretch and it would be justice.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:26 AM

791 posts, read 354,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
rational dialog?
In my state if you get caught littering you get community service with your fine. That service is picking up trash along the roads.
Is this forum a spelling bee forum? No I didnt think so.
malamute? Are you insinuating that Malamute is a bad person? Someone to be ashamed of? I believe that would be a violation of forum rules.
Malamute in my opinion is a straight up guy. Lump me in with him I wont be offended.
Did they need handicapped staircases when they snuck accross the border?
Special johns? No? Then I guess we don't need them.
Let illegals provide a valid service as part of their punishment for violating our laws. Thats not a stretch and it would be justice.
Since they're all such great construction workers we should put tent cities on the border and make them BUILD THE FENCE!

Old 01-24-2012, 10:59 AM

32,820 posts, read 30,068,682 times
Two things on this really bother me.

1. The amount of trash they leave behind in the outback angers me to no end. The PCT is covered in food wrappers, water bottles, back packs and clothes. A friend of mine asked my how I knew the stuff was from illegals. I sifted through, picked up a shirt that had "Tijuana" on it. Any questions?
2. There are now signs in some of these wilderness areas that read, "Travel in this area alone not advised". This warning is not about wildlife.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:10 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,821,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Two things on this really bother me.

1. The amount of trash they leave behind in the outback angers me to no end. The PCT is covered in food wrappers, water bottles, back packs and clothes. A friend of mine asked my how I knew the stuff was from illegals. I sifted through, picked up a shirt that had "Tijuana" on it. Any questions?
2. There are now signs in some of these wilderness areas that read, "Travel in this area alone not advised". This warning is not about wildlife.
That's a sad commentary on our president and government. We have been invaded, and our environment is being destroyed. Yet, all these spineless panderers do is protect the invaders.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:41 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,922,493 times
Quote:
That is roughly the output of Tucson in a day. Not likely a big environmental issue.

Maybe we can have the feds fine the illegals who use that route. Set up a toll booth...
At least the city puts it in the right place. Can't say that about the garbage strewn all over the desert from the illegals though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or