U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-22-2012, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Phoenix,Arizona
3,717 posts, read 4,494,215 times
Reputation: 3615

Advertisements

Illegal immigrants leave behind an estimated 2,000 tons of clothing, backpacks, plastic bottles, soiled diapers, abandoned vehicles and more each year.

Agency head: Trash along border becoming tougher, riskier to remove Cronkite News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-22-2012, 02:17 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Liberals only pretend to care about the environment and over-population. They demand open borders and unlimited immigration and food stamps and Medicaid programs to have citizens pay for millions of high birth rate illegals coming over the border.

When it's about illegals filling up this country, suddenly the liberals want all wilderness areas paved under and many housing projects built to accomodate the many millions coming in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 03:12 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Liberals only pretend to care about the environment and over-population. They demand open borders and unlimited immigration and food stamps and Medicaid programs to have citizens pay for millions of high birth rate illegals coming over the border.

When it's about illegals filling up this country, suddenly the liberals want all wilderness areas paved under and many housing projects built to accomodate the many millions coming in.
I've noticed that as well. Me: I'm NOT exactly a conservative either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 03:26 PM
 
387 posts, read 270,626 times
Reputation: 40
That is roughly the output of Tucson in a day. Not likely a big environmental issue.

Maybe we can have the feds fine the illegals who use that route. Set up a toll booth...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
That is roughly the output of Tucson in a day. Not likely a big environmental issue.

Maybe we can have the feds fine the illegals who use that route. Set up a toll booth...
or
while in custody illegals can be taken out in chain gangs and forced to clean up their own mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 03:55 PM
 
387 posts, read 270,626 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
or
while in custody illegals can be taken out in chain gangs and forced to clean up their own mess.
You don't know about the border patrol do you? If the border patrol is chasing a vehicle and it crashes...guess who they arrest. Only those who are free of injury...everyone else they leave to the locals..

If they held illegals to clean up they would have to house them and feed them. That costs. They won't.

Now maybe local convicts. I think they are working on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 04:00 PM
 
14,206 posts, read 7,402,658 times
Reputation: 8018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Illegal immigrants leave behind an estimated 2,000 tons of clothing, backpacks, plastic bottles, soiled diapers, abandoned vehicles and more each year.

Agency head: Trash along border becoming tougher, riskier to remove – Cronkite News
Let alone the rape trees, where's the concern there? The women will be paraded as heros in the future for sacrificing for a better life, and the bad guy? Not the rapists, The rotten Americans that made them do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
You don't know about the border patrol do you? If the border patrol is chasing a vehicle and it crashes...guess who they arrest. Only those who are free of injury...everyone else they leave to the locals..

If they held illegals to clean up they would have to house them and feed them. That costs. They won't.

Now maybe local convicts. I think they are working on that.
I'll try again.
The illegals already in custody. Meaning we are already housing and feeding them.
What part of my post talked about crashes or border patrol?
Those in custody for say crimes like ID theft, fraud, DUI, driving without a license etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 05:03 PM
 
387 posts, read 270,626 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I'll try again.
The illegals already in custody. Meaning we are already housing and feeding them.
What part of my post talked about crashes or border patrol?
Those in custody for say crimes like ID theft, fraud, DUI, driving without a license etc.
Not in border areas. They seize illegals and turn them around the same day...They don't want anybody held long term. Ship the few off to elsewhere.


I suppose you could bring those incacerated in Phoenix. But why would you try to limit it to illegals? Poetic? Ironic? Better strong young men...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 05:10 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Not in border areas. They seize illegals and turn them around the same day...They don't want anybody held long term. Ship the few off to elsewhere.


I suppose you could bring those incacerated in Phoenix. But why would you try to limit it to illegals? Poetic? Ironic? Better strong young men...
I would limit it to illegals because it is illegals who are making the mess. Poetic justice. Better strong men? maybe in your fantacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top