U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:10 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times

Advertisements

The government will do what is in the government's best interest.
It didn't always work that way but it does today.
What the majority of Americans want doesn't even matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 09:34 AM

10,089 posts, read 10,606,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I hope you were just being sarcastic otherwise you are just pulling the race card.
Because heaven knows, the immigration debate has nothing to do with race.

That's why everybody was upset when the (white) Mercedes Benz official was arrested in Alabama last year. Nobody thought it would apply to people like him.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:06 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Because heaven knows, the immigration debate has nothing to do with race.

That's why everybody was upset when the (white) Mercedes Benz official was arrested in Alabama last year. Nobody thought it would apply to people like him.
It is only a race issue to those who are advocates for these illegal aliens. They use the race card to demonize anyone who is anti-illegal immigration and pro-enforcement of our laws. By the way, what race are illegals?

This "white guy" wasn't in our country illegally. Learn to know the difference. If he had been, I like most anti-illegal immigrationists would be happy to see him deported. Maybe you should read the topic that was started in here about that incident for the truth. Now tuck that race card back in your wallet.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:40 PM

6,936 posts, read 6,990,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Obama is going against the majority on this one.
Stop sueing states enforcing the law.

Checking immigration status should be done when pull over for another violation, just like checking for license & registration.
So you or I, who I'm going to assume are both legal residents of the USA or citizens are stopped for doing 50 in a 35 zone. How is it we will demonstrate our citizenship or other permission to be in the USA legally? A national identity card? A number tatoo on our forearm?

Old 01-28-2012, 03:03 PM

499 posts, read 482,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It certainly isn't in the Constitution that millions of foreigners can thumb their noses at the laws of this country and just come in illegally and do whatever the hell they please.

We are the only country in the world that has such lax enforcement of immigration laws and borders that also makes it possible for those coming here to give birth to both jump onto the welfare handouts and demand their legal status. No other country takes in as many legal immigrants yet that's not good enough.
Let me tell you, you are definately NOT the only country in the world that this is happening to. Read up on England, a very tiny country compared to the USA. We're taking in half of eastern Europe and giving them benifits of up to 25,000 a year, much more in some cases, just work that out in dollars at the present rate of $1.60 = 1 (and there is no such thing as food stamps over here, it is all cold cash) They're actually in queues to get here. Our NHS is over whelmed with the amount of eastern europeans giving birth in our hospitals at no cost to them, never mind the Health Tourists who come from all over the world (including America) to milk our system and the NHS. I and my husband have paid taxes all our lives, now we're retired and see these parasites coming into our country because it is a free ride. How do you think we feel? We love America and spend a couple of months there each year but our medical insurance for that time costs us nearly $1500 but we have to have it. We wouldn't dream of claiming from the USA if we fell ill.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:05 PM

499 posts, read 482,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And not surprisingly we are also the most abused.
No you're not! Check England and you will see what abused means

Old 01-28-2012, 03:39 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,464,997 times
I don't have a problem with it if it's non discriminatory. Maybe an immigration checkpoint where all people are inconvenienced, not just some who fit a profile.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:46 PM

643 posts, read 1,194,827 times
Scew that! My wifes of Mexican descent (born in California, like me). I once had a border agent question me about my 2 half mexican sons (one born in San Diego, one in Mississippi, don't speak any spanish) bunch of racist ****s I swear....

Old 01-28-2012, 03:48 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
So you or I, who I'm going to assume are both legal residents of the USA or citizens are stopped for doing 50 in a 35 zone. How is it we will demonstrate our citizenship or other permission to be in the USA legally? A national identity card? A number tatoo on our forearm?
Most states a US driver's license is ok; illegal aliens can't have a DL except for New Mexico, Washington State and 1 or two other places.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:54 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
Scew that! My wifes of Mexican descent (born in California, like me). I once had a border agent question me about my 2 half mexican sons (one born in San Diego, one in Mississippi, don't speak any spanish) bunch of racist ****s I swear....
Thank the illegal aliens for that. I know several white and black people who also look Mexican and get the hairy eyeball from the cops, even Hispanic cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or