U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-30-2012, 05:32 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
What tax evasion? Do we know if she signed any papers when and if she works? I know American citizens who do not pay any taxes at all and it is perfectly legal. I do not believe it is right. I think everyone needs to pay for the roads, schools, etc but it is perfectly legal. Therefore, it is wrong to assume that because she is here illegally that she criminalized due to tax evasion.
It's interesting that you chose to focus on only one of the possible scenarios I suggested. I did not say that she is guilty of tax evasion. Rather, that she would have to be guilty of AT LEAST ONE of the following if she is employed:

1) Theft, as in stolen ID
2) Fraud, as in fake ID
3) Tax Evasion, as in working under the table

Please re-read my post and note the word "or" meaning 1, 2, or 3. Of course, it's possible she has committed all three.

In any case, are you suggesting she is working in this country as an illegal alien without committing one of the above? If so, please share your proof. Or, should we assume she doesn't work, and is simply leeching off taxpayers by exploiting her children? But, that certainly would not be unusual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
If she had committed crimes in her homeland, ICE would have investigated that by now. After all, they are aware she is here illegally and if her deportation was moved for another year, ICE knows her real identity.
Surely you jest. Would this be the same ICE that allows previously deported criminals to remain in this country for years undetected? In fact, quite a few have returned numerous times after deportation, and are only FINALLY punished after they're convicted of rape, murder, or other heinous crimes. Or, would this be the same ICE that can't locate hundreds of thousands of absconders who never bothered to appear for their hearing? Please.

The fact remains, she had deportation orders. Therefore, she must have done something to become noticed by ICE. And, neither of us knows what that is. So, again, please share your proof that this woman is one of the so-called "otherwise law-abiding." Also, without being privy to the particulars of her case, how do you know she isn't using an alias, and that ICE knows her real identity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
There are always exceptions to the law and that is where ICE comes in. I am sure you are aware that there are exceptions to laws. This lady was able to stay for a year because of an "exception". It does not mean she has become legal. So, I fail to see your point. But as usual, you are one sided.

Have a good day.
Her deportation was deferred simply because she managed to use her children to remain in this country. That's the "exception." We both know she will NEVER leave. But, that's how illegals play the "anchor baby" game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-02-2012, 03:43 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It's interesting that you chose to focus on only one of the possible scenarios I suggested. I did not say that she is guilty of tax evasion. Rather, that she would have to be guilty of AT LEAST ONE of the following if she is employed:

1) Theft, as in stolen ID
2) Fraud, as in fake ID
3) Tax Evasion, as in working under the table

Please re-read my post and note the word "or" meaning 1, 2, or 3. Of course, it's possible she has committed all three.
While I do not support using stolen ID's, there is no way of telling what her case was but if you have that information please provide it. I do not know if that will make a difference. It looks like ICE already determined she is a low priority for no serious crimes.

Quote:
The fact remains, she had deportation orders. Therefore, she must have done something to become noticed by ICE. And, neither of us knows what that is. So, again, please share your proof that this woman is one of the so-called "otherwise law-abiding." Also, without being privy to the particulars of her case, how do you know she isn't using an alias, and that ICE knows her real identity?
Perhaps but she is cooperating with authorities. She is not running away and her deportation is on hold for only a year.

Quote:
Her deportation was deferred simply because she managed to use her children to remain in this country. That's the "exception." We both know she will NEVER leave. But, that's how illegals play the "anchor baby" game.
I do not believe there is an exception under ICE but I could be wrong. Please point me to it. She is considered a "low priority case" for a reason and low priority cases are deportation deferred. Hey, you do not get to make that call. That is why we have a department to handle these cases. She obviously did not make the 400,000 annual deportation cut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
While I do not support using stolen ID's, there is no way of telling what her case was but if you have that information please provide it. I do not know if that will make a difference. It looks like ICE already determined she is a low priority for no serious crimes.
I don't need to provide info. The fact remains, she is an ILLEGAL alien. If she is working in this country, it is my ILLEGAL means. No ifs, ands, or buts. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Perhaps but she is cooperating with authorities. She is not running away and her deportation is on hold for only a year.
And, you know that she did not ignore her deportation order, how? Let's not forget, both of Obama's illegal relatives ignored deportations orders, not once, but twice, and they are both still here "cooperating" with authorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I do not believe there is an exception under ICE but I could be wrong. Please point me to it. She is considered a "low priority case" for a reason and low priority cases are deportation deferred. Hey, you do not get to make that call. That is why we have a department to handle these cases. She obviously did not make the 400,000 annual deportation cut.
With the exception of "convicted" rapists and murderers, all illegal aliens are now considered a "low priority." So, what's your point?

Face it, she whined about being separated from her children, which resulted in a deferred deportation. Again, she will NEVER leave. The ONLY reason she was granted permission to remain in this country is due to being "anchored" by her U.S.-born children. I wouldn't be surprised if she gives birth to another during the next year, for good measure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 10:39 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
While I do not support using stolen ID's, there is no way of telling what her case was but if you have that information please provide it. I do not know if that will make a difference. It looks like ICE already determined she is a low priority for no serious crimes.



Perhaps but she is cooperating with authorities. She is not running away and her deportation is on hold for only a year.



I do not believe there is an exception under ICE but I could be wrong. Please point me to it. She is considered a "low priority case" for a reason and low priority cases are deportation deferred. Hey, you do not get to make that call. That is why we have a department to handle these cases. She obviously did not make the 400,000 annual deportation cut.
Bottom line is that we have so many of these "low priority" CRIMINALS we can't even keep up with deporting them. All the more case for increasing border security.
I don't know about you but I find all crimes,"serious". Especially the preventable ones like these people. If you don't think these crimes aren't serious then please post your social security number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 AM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Time for the Feds to check out Ann Arbor for immigration violations. Should be interesting.
The "FEDS" don't care. They run from situations like this. Whenever there is obvious violation of immigration laws, they prefer to ignore the blatant existence of it.

It is their way of being "HUMANE."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 10:55 AM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Punishments are based on the level of crime are payed accordingly either with time served or a fine. It does not seem like she had a criminal record or she would have been sent to prison or her deportation would have proceeded.

There is no comparison. I am not for letting murderers go free to walk our streets without paying for their crime and yet, it happens in our society. I could careless if the murderer is a citizen, authorized or illegal immigrant with ties to the community. Those types of crimes must be served in prison. I would be concerned for the safety of the "preserved" citizen family. An illegal immigrant without a criminal background is not a threat to its own family.

Your post makes no sense. You can argue that she is here in violation of the law and you disagree with ICE's decision to stop deportation but your argument is flawed.
Are you one of those people that doesn't realize that we have MILLIONS of people here that are illegal immigrants but are considered by the agencies that HELP them as "low-level criminals?"

Do you know the effect that allowing that amount of people stay here has? No, they aren't all running around committing violent crimes or doing things like selling drugs, but do you understand why people are CONCERNED and UPSET about how their collective-existence here in the U.S. is causing negative effects in other areas?

Just because millions of people aren't committing violent crimes (I refuse to refer to it as "serious crimes" because I think being here illegally is a serious crime and only because of the long-term effects) doesn't mean they aren't hurting the country in other ways.

That's the point: for some reason people such as yourself and politicians are NOT acknowledging the long-term negative effects of illegal immigrant. Sure, many are not raping, murdering, or robbing people, but let's talk about how many are hurting budgets, school systems, neighborhoods, hospitals/health care systems, colleges, public transportation. Are you aware of how a ton of illegal immigrants are costing states, cities and the nation more than what they are contributing?

If that isn't a cause for concern regardless of the crime-level then I don't know what to tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 11:00 AM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
An illegal immigrant without a criminal background is not a threat to its own family.
If you'd open your eyes to the effects of illegal immigrants on legal residents and citizens then you would see that the illegal immigrant without a criminal background is a threat to OTHER families. If you accept that then you would see why all illegal immigrants are an issue for many people.

Do you not see the threads here that describe how they have been affected by illegal immigrants? Do you accept the reality of what is happening out there for people because illegal immigrants are able to come here, work and have children while often receiving government assistance? Those people often aren't murderers, but the sure are killing people in other ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 11:02 AM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post


Surely you jest. Would this be the same ICE that allows previously deported criminals to remain in this country for years undetected? In fact, quite a few have returned numerous times after deportation, and are only FINALLY punished after they're convicted of rape, murder, or other heinous crimes. Or, would this be the same ICE that can't locate hundreds of thousands of absconders who never bothered to appear for their hearing? Please.
No disrespect to Zacatecana, but he/she (I can't remember) is certainly naive about ICE and our current government when it comes to illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 11:03 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Are you one of those people that doesn't realize that we have MILLIONS of people here that are illegal immigrants but are considered by the agencies that HELP them as "low-level criminals?"

Do you know the effect that allowing that amount of people stay here has? No, they aren't all running around committing violent crimes or doing things like selling drugs, but do you understand why people are CONCERNED and UPSET about how their collective-existence here in the U.S. is causing negative effects in other areas?

Just because millions of people aren't committing violent crimes (I refuse to refer to it as "serious crimes" because I think being here illegally is a serious crime and only because of the long-term effects) doesn't mean they aren't hurting the country in other ways.

That's the point: for some reason people such as yourself and politicians are NOT acknowledging the long-term negative effects of illegal immigrant. Sure, many are not raping, murdering, or robbing people, but let's talk about how many are hurting budgets, school systems, neighborhoods, hospitals/health care systems, colleges, public transportation. Are you aware of how a ton of illegal immigrants are costing states, cities and the nation more than what they are contributing?

If that isn't a cause for concern regardless of the crime-level then I don't know what to tell you.
Excellent post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Excellent post!
Ditto!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top