Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 05:25 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Do you think that the cost of putting on braces varies with the length of time they are worn?

Stop complaining. You need to realize that a lot of people have no...NO...dental insurance, and even people who do will not get as good a deal as what your dad did on your braces.
I'm not complaining about the price, I'm complaining about the insurance. They are really inefficient, like the insurance companies in SiCko.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 05:27 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'm not complaining about the price, I'm complaining about the insurance. They are really inefficient, like the insurance companies in SiCko.
PL, do you think you're telling me something that I don't already know?

What do you care anyway? You didn't work for the money to pay for those braces and you don't work for the money to pay the insurance premiums.

Once you're an adult, feel free to get any insurance policy you like. I wish you the best of luck finding one that will make you pay only 1/3 of what braces cost.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:44 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,046,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Don't need to -

No, I guess you don't 'need' to, you can continue on through life believing anything you care to without ever looking to see if it's based on any reality.

Just don't expect others to think that's either a good idea or something to recommend.

People every day, get denied healthcare because they can't afford it.

Like I said before, let's hope you, or none of your loved ones, ever have to test your 'opinion' that it couldn't happen.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:43 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
You're right; my family and I have known people who got extraordinarily expensive treatments for cancer and other conditions even though they had no insurance, and bum-bum-BUUUUUUUUUUUUUM....they didn't even have to declare bankruptcy or anything.
All hospitals provide a portion of their services as 'charity care'. This may have been how your friend got cancer treatment.
Hospitals have always done this, but when more and more of their expenses are due to unreimbursed care provided to illegals, this cuts back on the amount of free care they can provide to deserving American families.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
All hospitals provide a portion of their services as 'charity care'. This may have been how your friend got cancer treatment.
Hospitals have always done this, but when more and more of their expenses are due to unreimbursed care provided to illegals, this cuts back on the amount of free care they can provide to deserving American families.
That's true, and that's very sad. I'd hate to see poor Americans denied healthcare because illegals go to the ER to have anchor babies and everything else. They shouldn't even be here.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:32 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,088,633 times
Quote:
They can't get healthcare because of illegal immigrants? That doesn't make any sense.
It's exactly as I wrote in my post. Health system overwhelmed by illegals stopped good health care for lower income citizens, now both citizens and illegals who are poor have free or lower cost health care that is very overwhelmed/crowded and the care is atrocious/horrible by pa's and nurse practioners, waiting many months to get it! It's a nightmare. Hundreds of hospitals in Ca have been closed down due to illegals and poor not being able to pay.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:06 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,046,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
It's exactly as I wrote in my post. Health system overwhelmed by illegals stopped good health care for lower income citizens, now both citizens and illegals who are poor have free or lower cost health care that is very overwhelmed/crowded and the care is atrocious/horrible by pa's and nurse practioners, waiting many months to get it! It's a nightmare. Hundreds of hospitals in Ca have been closed down due to illegals and poor not being able to pay.

You might think about moving to Arizona, I hear they don't have any of those problems there....

Somebody was saying everyone gets good care there.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:44 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Kid, you have it GREAT if you are getting $6k braces for $2k out of pocket. I don't quite know why you are comparing that to sicko. That's not exactly inefficient. Dental insurance is actually pretty straightforward as to what they cover and don't cover, and how much you have to pay out of pocket.

May I gently suggest that you may not be qualified to participate in a conversation like this, considering you are not even old enough to obtain your own insurance yet?

Old 12-14-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Kid, you have it GREAT if you are getting $6k braces for $2k out of pocket. I don't quite know why you are comparing that to sicko. That's not exactly inefficient. Dental insurance is actually pretty straightforward as to what they cover and don't cover, and how much you have to pay out of pocket.

May I gently suggest that you may not be qualified to participate in a conversation like this, considering you are not even old enough to obtain your own insurance yet?
Someone had to say it.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:01 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
I have an idea. Calderon supposedly wants to enhance the image of Mexicans in the USA. Mexicans come here by the millions without health insurance and take jobs for wages too low to buy health insurance themselves. Mexico has national health insurance in Mexico.

How about the Mexican government agree to provide all Mexican illegals complete coverage in the USA? Any illegal can walk into any medical clinic or hospital and receive all the health care they want and the Mexican government will pay the bill.

That would definitely change the image. People wouldn't mind seeing the ER filled with Mexico's poorest, knowing that the great and caring Calderon has agreed to pay. Our hospitals will prosper from all the added money being paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration