Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 02:30 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twixcookie View Post
We are told we pay more and more for medical care, but really, what is really driving up the price of medicine? Is it litigation, or more obviously, those receiving free healthcare at the expense of the American Taxpayer? Aren't businesses being savvy and smart {sic} passing this cost onto the Taxpayer this way???

See what this link shows http://http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43275 (broken link)
That means that the Government should cut it to them. Its as simple as that, if its there and its free they're obviously going to take advantage of it. So stop blaming it on the illegals, blame the Government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 02:36 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
That means that the Government should cut it to them. Its as simple as that, if its there and its free they're obviously going to take advantage of it. So stop blaming it on the illegals, blame the Government.
You're kidding right? You want us to blame the government for the fact that we don't allow ANYONE to just lay in the street bleeding to death and only try to settle the bill after treatment is given?

This is the ILLEGALS' fault. Nobody dragged them kicking and screaming across the border, but we need to send them all home. No amnesty, no mercy, no exceptions. GET OUT, NOT WELCOME.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
You're kidding right? You want us to blame the government for the fact that we don't allow ANYONE to just lay in the street bleeding to death and only try to settle the bill after treatment is given?

This is the ILLEGALS' fault. Nobody dragged them kicking and screaming across the border, but we need to send them all home. No amnesty, no mercy, no exceptions. GET OUT, NOT WELCOME.

The Healtcare system is flawed. No doubt about it, we shouldn't deny people who can't pay their bill. Especially Americans. It is NOT the illegals fault, it is the Governments fault for allowing them to take advantage of our flawed system.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:42 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,839 times
Quote:
The Healtcare system is flawed. No doubt about it, we shouldn't deny people who can't pay their bill. Especially Americans. It is NOT the illegals fault, it is the Governments fault for allowing them to take advantage of our flawed system.
Like I said, even our government isn't cold enough to tell them to go eff themselves if they are in need of emergency healthcare. And sure, our system is flawed...but precisely what repair could be made to it that would eliminate the burden of illegals on the system? I'm anxious to hear how you would save us all from our flawed healthcare system. Back when I was in college, I knew how to fix the country too. If only they had listened!

Old 12-12-2007, 02:43 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Flawed system= citizens ( who gave real information) cant pay hospital bill, kill credit, sue, take property

Illegals= cant or wont pay bill ( who gave false information), oh well pass to citizen

Old 12-12-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Like I said, even our government isn't cold enough to tell them to go eff themselves if they are in need of emergency healthcare. And sure, our system is flawed...but precisely what repair could be made to it that would eliminate the burden of illegals on the system? I'm anxious to hear how you would save us all from our flawed healthcare system. Back when I was in college, I knew how to fix the country too. If only they had listened!
This is when economics and emotion collide to create a problem. I don't know how to fix the system. Neither do you, and probably not most Americans.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Flawed system= citizens ( who gave real information) cant pay hospital bill, kill credit, sue, take property

Illegals= cant or wont pay bill ( who gave false information), oh well pass to citizen
So now its the illegals fault that Americans are being denied healthcare?

Old 12-12-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
So now its the illegals fault that Americans are being denied healthcare?
Where did I say denied health care? I said cant pay bill.

Know this one from personal experience.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Where did I say denied health care? I said cant pay bill.

Know this one from personal experience.
Ok so its the illegals fault that they are getting treatment and Americans are not?

Old 12-12-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Ok so its the illegals fault that they are getting treatment and Americans are not?
Lord, can you understand what I am saying? ok will spell it out

citizen, gets ER treatment they send large bill, cannot afford to pay said bill so hospital comes at you with guns blaziing, sues you and garnishes your wages and you lose your home

Illegal gets treatment cant pay bill gave false information as in fake or stolen SS and wrong address, no one to go after, pass loss to citizens that need treatment.

got it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration