U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-06-2012, 06:31 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,180,215 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And putting the two words of "Governor" and "Martinez" together, is there expectations there too?...

Suzanna was a Democrat at one point, and her husband still is...
She is one of the few if not the only Hispanic politician who isn't an advocate for illegal aliens and has made that clear from the get-go. Martinez is obviously the "typical" Hispanic politician by his stance on driver's licenses for illegal aliens. Typical means it is no surprise as a part of a group. It is also pretty "typical" for a Democrat to support it.

 
Old 02-06-2012, 06:32 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,611,501 times
Reputation: 47459
selective enforcement is the rule of the day. its what caused the rise of the 3rd reich.
 
Old 02-12-2012, 11:52 AM
 
Location: Cali
3,887 posts, read 6,014,362 times
Reputation: 2201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
selective enforcement is the rule of the day. its what caused the rise of the 3rd reich.
Quite true. I'm afraid we're going to have a "Sudetenland" situation in the southwest very soon too.
 
Old 02-12-2012, 12:02 PM
 
3,513 posts, read 3,125,395 times
Reputation: 1357
i agree with ron paul on illegal immigration. if the economy is in good shape, nobody will care.

i myself dont care because its been proven time and again that americans wont work out in the fields, and would rather sit on unemployment.
 
Old 02-12-2012, 03:56 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,180,215 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i agree with ron paul on illegal immigration. if the economy is in good shape, nobody will care.

i myself dont care because its been proven time and again that americans wont work out in the fields, and would rather sit on unemployment.
So you are of the mistaken notion that illegals only work in the fields? You couldn't be more wrong. Only 3% of illegals are picking crops. The other 97% are doing jobs that Americans have always done.

Yes, we would still care about illegal immigration even if the economy was in good shape. Or are you of the mindset that most Americans have no morals, scruples and are disloyal to our laws? You'd be wrong again.
 
Old 02-12-2012, 05:12 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,353,945 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So you are of the mistaken notion that illegals only work in the fields? You couldn't be more wrong. Only 3% of illegals are picking crops. The other 97% are doing jobs that Americans have always done.

Yes, we would still care about illegal immigration even if the economy was in good shape. Or are you of the mindset that most Americans have no morals, scruples and are disloyal to our laws? You'd be wrong again.
I so agree with you, people please! economy has not one frigging thing to do with illegals working illegally in this Country. Not one friggin thing. It is wrong. Americans are starting to care more and more about this issue. it is jsut that thsi current administration, does not give a rat's ass about it.

They kiss, they waiver, and they pander why oh why, but we all know why.
 
Old 02-12-2012, 05:44 PM
 
47,314 posts, read 24,794,567 times
Reputation: 14471
Meh...it's their state. Let'em do whatever they want. Maybe they think it's good for their state to do so. I'm right next door, and i don't see an issue with it if that's their thing.
 
Old 02-12-2012, 06:30 PM
 
3,513 posts, read 3,125,395 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So you are of the mistaken notion that illegals only work in the fields? You couldn't be more wrong. Only 3% of illegals are picking crops. The other 97% are doing jobs that Americans have always done.

Yes, we would still care about illegal immigration even if the economy was in good shape. Or are you of the mindset that most Americans have no morals, scruples and are disloyal to our laws? You'd be wrong again.
you may care, but few would. with the lack of jobs though like we have now, more are caring.

the reason why i say i dont care is the labor jobs they do most people wont touch. roofing, crops, fast food, janitorial work.

i am confident most unemployed americans would sit on unemployment over taking those jobs. so if the illegals want them, by all means go ahead and take them.

they have a better work ethic anyway for the most part and dont have the entitlement factor that many americans have now.
 
Old 02-12-2012, 06:46 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,180,215 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
you may care, but few would. with the lack of jobs though like we have now, more are caring.

the reason why i say i dont care is the labor jobs they do most people wont touch. roofing, crops, fast food, janitorial work.

i am confident most unemployed americans would sit on unemployment over taking those jobs. so if the illegals want them, by all means go ahead and take them.

they have a better work ethic anyway for the most part and dont have the entitlement factor that many americans have now.
Seriously, what makes you think that the majority of Americans want our borders violated and don't expect our immigration laws to be respected?

You're out of your mind if you don't think that Americans won't do janitorial work, construction jobs and restaurant jobs. Who do you think did those jobs before this illegal invasion?

Are you an American? If so, how can you possibly be ok with immigration lawbreakers working here illegally? If we really needed more workers we would increase our legal immigration quotas.

Oh brother, now illegals have a better work ethic? How do you think this country got built if not for Americans? Yeah, no work ethics there, right?
I refuse to listen to anymore of this anti-American hatred and lies! Bye!
 
Old 02-12-2012, 08:41 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,350,866 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Quite true. I'm afraid we're going to have a "Sudetenland" situation in the southwest very soon too.
You mean there will be hate against ALL Hispanics and they'll be thrown out of the US and I'm not referring to just illegal aliens?

Mexico isn't the Third Reich and it's sliding into chaos with the drug wars and our country isn't Czechoslovakia. It'd be a case of Mexico losing very badly at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top